Train to poo poo in toilet at night?

KK_Jet
Novice

Oct 2, 2007, 7:55 PM

Post #1 of 2 (6566 views)
Shortcut
Train to poo poo in toilet at night? Can't Post

Hi there,

My 8 months old jack russell has been trained to do his business in the garden. He is free to come in and out of the house as he pleases. He behaves himself, as in never wreck the place when there are people around. At night, I keep him on a long leash inside the house. Actually, I would prefer to let him roam free in the house at night, except I am afraid he will turn the house upside down or mess up the place with his wee wee. Would it be possible to train him to do his business in the toilet at night? Or would this confuses him as he is used to doing his business outside? Occasionally, he manages to free himself of the leash (as this is loosely hanging around his neck) and poo poo outside my bedroomPirate. I cannot blame him as there is no doggy door in my house for him to go out. What would be the best option? To tie him up properly so he doesn't free himself or to train him to use the toilet at night(if this is possible at all)Unsure?

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 4, 2007, 7:59 PM

Post #2 of 2 (6541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KK_Jet] Train to poo poo in toilet at night? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think its possible cos my puppy knows how to do his business outdoor and in the toilet whenever he doesnt have access to the outdoors.

But he a bit fussy...if he pee in toilet liao means he wont poo there anymore. So have to flush away the pee first. Then he'll do just outside the toilet. Then I whack lor.

But everytime he does his business in the toilet, i reward him. Then now he sendiri know how to go and do his business liao. But occassionally accidents will happen. If someone is in the toilet or if the toilet already has his pee, he wont do his second business there anymore. Crazy

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my