Sneezing & Wheezing

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Oct 2, 2007, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Sneezing & Wheezing Can't Post

Hiyes!

Gizmo has been sneezing quite often these days.. just wondering if he is alrite? He seems hyper, no sign of illness. But i do noticed that he breathes heavily and sometimes i can hear him wheezing too. Are these normal for shih tzu pup?? *giz is 4 mths old now*

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 2, 2007, 4:17 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lil_Gizmo] Sneezing & Wheezing [In reply to] Can't Post

u can take his temp regularly, just get those digital thermometer from the pharmacy and DIY. if he has fever then bring him to vet.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

Lil_Gizmo
Novice

Oct 3, 2007, 6:50 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Sneezing & Wheezing [In reply to] Can't Post

erm..one silly que.. where do i insert the termometer? saw the vet inserting to his butt during his regular checkup.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 3, 2007, 5:23 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lil_Gizmo] Sneezing & Wheezing [In reply to] Can't Post

yea tht is the only way to do it, and don' use those old mercury glass type, get the plastic digital one, it will be handy to check if ur dog has fever from time to time.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Oct 3, 2007, 7:32 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2080 views)
Shortcut

ohhhhhh the cheap digital ones can liao right?

Hahah my pharmacy sells one for RM10 only. Hahahahaha ok ok...me planning to get one now and check my dog's temperature.

Ok what are their temperature ranges? Like us is 36.9 to 37 mah. Dog's lei? Sly

Lol....rascal wont like having something stuck up his ass. Groomer catch his stump also he duduk already. Somemore wanna stick thing up there. Hahahahaha Sly

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 3, 2007, 9:53 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Sneezing & Wheezing [In reply to] Can't Post

got this online....

'A dog’s normal body temperature ranges between 100.5 Fahrenheit (38.1°C) and 102.5 Fahrenheit (39.2°C).

A dog’s temperature below 99 degrees Fahrenheit (37.2°C) and temperatures above 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40°C) are considered extremely serious and your dog should be brought to a veterinarian immediately."

just don't use glass thermometer!!! and put some lub like vaseline before inserting, don't put soap ah!!

get another person to hold the dog and keep the butt up, hold the thigh /rump with both hands, 2 minutes is enuff.

Don't Lost your dogs!!

kien29
Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2007, 10:18 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2070 views)
Shortcut

oh .. i think i need to get one too.. must check up my new adopted 'son' .. hahaha.. he's been like sneezing n coughing for past 2 days.. doesn't look serious.. but everyday sure will see him coughing n sneezing at least 3-4 times..

hmm.. anyway.. we still go check out the vet and get some antibiotic for him..

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 15, 2007, 10:37 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] Sneezing & Wheezing [In reply to] Can't Post

dog's body temperature........dont know much, but only know that if the butt temperature is higher than 39celcius that's mean the dog have 'high body temperature' but it doesnt mean 'fever', because if the animal struggle / after exercise / stress / put under hot sun, u may expect higher body temperature (but they will eventually able to regulate to the normal body temperature if they are healthy- around 38celcius), ermmmmmmm usually digital thermometer come with one function where it will beeps when the temperature become constant.....usually within 1 minute, and i do agree using the old glass thermometer with mercury is kind of dangerous when handle by inexperience person lah.........

about the sneezing and wheezing matters, anyone heard about short nose breed e.g. shih tzu, pekingese which have some kind of inherited problem related to airway?????

Izzit flu in dog have to be always on antibiotic like human? while, flu usually caused by virus and antibiotic doesnt kill virus but only due with the secondary bac infection .......

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my