Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Canine Hip Dysplasia:
Only femoral and head excision and medical management?

redhand
Novice

Sep 25, 2007, 9:55 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7904 views)
Shortcut
Only femoral and head excision and medical management? Can't Post

Hi guys. I am new in this forum and has been searching for treatment of HD for dogs. My GR was assessed (without xray) by the vet to having possible HD because of the way it is walking, swaying around, hind legs hopping when going down staircase, always lying on the ground (pain from walking). It is 4.5 mths old. So far, the treatment described here is just medical management and femoral and head excision. Is there any other surgical means practised here in Malaysia like TPO? The vet also advised me to bring it go swimming to strengthened it's hind muscles, anyone can recommend any place which I can go during the weekend, be it a swimming pool or a lake or a river? Thank you in advance for the advise and assistance.

Cao de Fila
Novice

Sep 26, 2007, 5:07 PM

Post #2 of 5 (7890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redhand] Only femoral and head excision and medical management? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i'm no expert but as far as i know, the vet cannot comfirm a dog is having HD without the x-ray. why didnt your vet x-ray your pup? it may just be a pulled muscle or something. it would be better to seek a second opinion and definately get the x-ray done. good luck!

redhand
Novice

Sep 26, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (7885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cao de Fila] Only femoral and head excision and medical management? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I will leave it first and treat the dog with medical management. Any recommendation on places which we can bring the dog to go swimming?

Cao de Fila
Novice

Sep 27, 2007, 7:55 PM

Post #4 of 5 (7874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redhand] Only femoral and head excision and medical management? [In reply to] Can't Post

i still think you should get a second opinion before giving your pup any medication. but its your call anyway.

sorry i dont know any place that you could bring your pup for swimming.

CEDRICSIN
Novice

Oct 13, 2007, 11:15 PM

Post #5 of 5 (7839 views)
Shortcut

ermmmmm.........Xray is VERY important lah, so u and ur vet can know how bad is/are the joint(s) and later can decide the best treatment for ur doggie, while is up to you anyway, for me lah, i would definitely go for that loh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my