zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 25, 2007, 5:42 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1208 views)
Shortcut
SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it Can't Post

Read it this morning. any comments?

http://www.thestar.com.my/...81410&sec=nation

AN ORGANISATION has claimed that stray dogs caught on the streets were being beaten to death and their meat sold to exotic food restaurants, China Press reported.

The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Selangor said Ampang Jaya Municipal Council contractors were found using wooden sticks to beat five stray dogs to death at a cemetery in Ulu Klang recently.

A staff from the organisation said the captured dogs might not have been put down by injection because that would render them unsuitable for human consumption.

The staff said that by beating the dogs to death the animals could then be sold as meat later.

However, the council denied any such practice.

Its deputy president Abdul Hamid Hussain said stray dogs caught by contractors would be handed over to the council and put down by injection in the presence of council health officers.

He added that council officers would take photos of the stray dogs prior to putting them down.

Abdul Hamid said the council had not received any complaint on the matter and urged the organisation to show proof to enable the council to investigate.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2007, 8:46 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG...what is happening here ! I always thought this happen in China, Vietnam and Korea only....When we have no compassion for animal...sooner or later ...it can happen to us human too...

I am not surprise witht the recent 'Nurin' case...there are a lot of 'mental case' walking amongst us...it started off with inflicting & torturing animals...later, they chose human/children ..as gives them better 'kick'..

Anyhow, my condolence to Nurin's family. May Nurin soul rest in peace...Alfatihah ..

yeee
Canine Addict

Sep 26, 2007, 12:00 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

Myza I am not surprised. I just didn't want to believe it as it is such a cruelty and dogs that can feel pain and happiness and sad are beaten and tortured to death.
It's like a kids beaten to death. Frown

By doing this they not only save the money for injection they even make more from selling the dogs to restaurant. Crazy.
I am sadden.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 26, 2007, 1:29 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Myza I am not surprised. I just didn't want to believe it as it is such a cruelty and dogs that can feel pain and happiness and sad are beaten and tortured to death.
It's like a kids beaten to death.

By doing this they not only save the money for injection they even make more from selling the dogs to restaurant. Crazy.
I am sadden.

Hi yeee,

Exotic food restaurant can be found at so many places in Malaysia by those who knows the channel... This is not a secret though... When there are demands for it... sure someone will do it for $$$.

The enforcement unit hardly take action on these restaurants, even they do, that still can be settle by $$$... Unsure

goofydip
Veteran

Sep 26, 2007, 2:11 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

this is real sickening....

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

Old Man
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2007, 2:57 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1115 views)
Shortcut

things like this can only happen in malaysia.
A Old Man That Always Look Young and His Young But Old looking Pitbull

perth
Novice

Sep 29, 2007, 6:29 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Man] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

hi.

it is nothing new just unreported, for years i have seen it. many of the dogs the head disfigured and covered with blood.

we are going backward in terms of civilisation.

Old Man
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2007, 6:42 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [perth] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

old man old already, cannot do anything on that. Will let the young man around to work out something.
A Old Man That Always Look Young and His Young But Old looking Pitbull

natasha_fernz

Oct 1, 2007, 7:30 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Man] SPCA says dogs beaten to death, but council denies it [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all

As usual this is indeed horrific news... I have posted some more "interesting" details on what goes on at MPS on my blog http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com and my new website www.cleopatrathelabrador.com

Am in the midst of trying to setup a proper website (www.cleopatrathelabrador.com) to tackle these issues...

Will be keeping all of you uptodate with the latest on both these sites.

In the mean time we must all work together to put an end to this barbaric behaviour!
Natasha Fernz
Frown

CLEOPATRA'S Blog:MAD ABOUT LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my