Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
"Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the???

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Sep 5, 2007, 7:35 AM

Post #1 of 17 (5369 views)
Shortcut
"Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? Can't Post

I'm not sure if you guys read about this but if not, here it is...

"Majlis Perbandaran Selayang has openly called for a witch hunt on all stray dogs at its website http://www.mps.gov.my/default01.htm To add insult to injury they are also offering RM15,000 as first prize for capturing alive, presumably for the most number of dogs followed by equally lucrative second and third prizes."

What the ****!!!??? What's this? This is just sickening, cruel, disgusting & barbaric blood sport! This is NOT funny at all... What is the government thinking? What's wrong with them!?

They are encouraging people who obviously hate dogs especially the malays to do this kind of thing? And each dog they catch alive is worth RM20. What if they catch someone's dog who has accidentally run away or what about our pedigree dogs? The rules stated down that only stray dogs are allowed to be caught but what do they know about dogs? They don't know the difference between a mongrel & a pedigree & they will just grab them away from us just to make big bucks?

We have to do something quickly coz this competition will be running for a bout a year or more. The 1st prize winner has to catch around 150 strays alive & he/she will win RM15,000 for that.

Please, please, please... We have to stop this stupid competition quick. Please write & report about this to all the newspapers including the chinese ones too. Tell them about what the government has come up with before it's too late...

Disgusted & angry;
Melissa

natasha_fernz

Sep 5, 2007, 7:04 PM

Post #2 of 17 (5354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Melissa, Thanks for starting this thread so quickly... For everyone else... you cal help!!! STOP BARBARIC DOG CATCHING COMPETITION
I would like to call upon all individuals to speak up against the Selayang Municipal Council for organizing this BARBARIC competition. I also urge all individuals to NOT take part in the competition in order to preserve our integrity as decent human beings.

See cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for details on how you can help...
Natasha Fernz
Frown

CLEOPATRA'S Blog:MAD ABOUT LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

goofydip
Veteran

Sep 5, 2007, 7:31 PM

Post #3 of 17 (5351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Melissa, I've just read the blog and I saw this too... I was so pissed off bout this??? What the hell is going on with this????

I was like, stunned when I read this news in the blog... I stunned for a while with my mouth wide openedShocked.. what is in their brain??? Loook at the prize!!!! Isn't that crazy???? Who dare to walk their dog from now on? I tell you, I won't!! What if all in a sudden, someone came and pushed u down and snatched your dog??? This is no joking!! Who won't dare to do such thing for the sake of RM15,000?????

I read this last night and for the whole night I kept thinking bout this.. What is the hell happening here??Mad

Plzzzzz gather more ppl, and think of ways to stop this!!!! This is crazy!!!!Crazy

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

mydragoon
Dog Kichi

Sep 5, 2007, 11:11 PM

Post #4 of 17 (5332 views)
Shortcut

someone just informed me about this... i think this is very bad and distasteful.

is there anything we can do? raise to MP, etc?

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2007, 7:07 PM

Post #5 of 17 (5301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mydragoon] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey..u can sign the petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/doghunt1/petition.html

i've signed 4 times using multiple accs..n told all my freind's

help spread the news n ask all ur freind's to sign n stop this barbaric action k?? thnx

natasha_fernz

Sep 6, 2007, 11:59 PM

Post #6 of 17 (5286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [min_puzzle] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys

Please note that there is a revised petition. There was a technical error with the first one.

Please go to

http://www.petitiononline.com/doghunt2/petition.html

to sign the revised/updated version of the petition.

Also please visit http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for latest news and also information on other ways in which you can help stop this nonsense!
Natasha Fernz
Frown

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2007, 12:16 AM

Post #7 of 17 (5283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey thnx for the update. I read it just now in the other column..but forgot to update here

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Post #8 of 17 (5283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey thnx for the update . I read it just now in the other column..but forgot to update here

(This post was edited by min_puzzle on Sep 7, 2007, 12:21 AM)

madmoz

Post #9 of 17 (5283 views)
Shortcut

I have also posted this in lowyat.net under Real World Issues as I believe the forumers there are more varied, i.e. more ppl will get to know about this.

Feel free to add your comments there!

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2007, 12:26 AM

Post #10 of 17 (5273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey, thnx for spreading the news. ur MS sooo cute..hehe

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 8, 2007, 12:01 AM

Post #11 of 17 (5229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Was wondering if anybody is interested in getting that Rawang MP Dato' Tang See Hang' s contact? Have a friend who got it and wants me to post it up..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

natasha_fernz

Sep 8, 2007, 7:01 AM

Post #12 of 17 (5213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

SILENT PROTEST on Sunday at 10am. Central Park, Bandar Utama

Please see http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for details and latest update and information on this protest.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Thanks everyone who has updated their blogs with the latest news from my blog. I would however really appreciate it if you could link back to me. The reason for this is because I am constantly updating these posts, and I am wasting alot of time checking your blogs to tell you of the updates. So it will be great if you can mention the updates, but to inform your readers to check Mad About Labrador Retrievers for the latest news. Please this is vital to save time and effort and to ensure that everyone has the right information.
Natasha Fernz
Frown

madmoz

Sep 8, 2007, 6:22 PM

Post #13 of 17 (5193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you either post it up here or post the general complains line for MCA so that we can make our voices heard? Thanks.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 8, 2007, 6:24 PM

Post #14 of 17 (5190 views)
Shortcut

Hmm the only number I have is that Datuk's contact only. Rawang's office : 03 - 60916735 Handphone : 019 - 3827994

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

rikimaru
Novice

Sep 9, 2007, 10:16 PM

Post #15 of 17 (5153 views)
Shortcut

Wow this is really something interesting

I guess those dog owner living around Selayang area have to start evacuation already. No wonder so many dognapping case happen lately.

They perbandaran doing this because its hard for them to do something ilegal because theya r perbandaran but letting other uneducated kampung people do the dirty job to catch watever dog insight which they dont care whatever dog with lesen or tiada lesen.

Perbandaran Selayang can escape easily for watever happen because they can denied whatever problem that will occur in the future.

Pls dont leave ur dog wondering around, i m not really sure bout the Akta haiwan perliharaan yet but i think the only one that can uphold the law is only the police.

Anything happen , pls log a report to the nearest police station.

natasha_fernz

Sep 11, 2007, 12:03 AM

Post #16 of 17 (5107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rikimaru] "Pertandingan Menangkap Anjing Liar" - What the??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there...

SPCA, PETPOSITIVE, ROAR and other animal welfare organisations will be gathering at the Majlis Perbandaran Selayang office to hand over a memorandum to the President of MPS.

DATE: 11 SEPTEMBER 2007 (TUESDAY)
TIME: 10.00am
VENUE: MAJLIS PERBANDARAN SELAYANG

Need all the publicity we can get, and we need all the supporters we can get too. So please be there if you are free...

See cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for details
Natasha Fernz
Frown

natasha_fernz

Sep 12, 2007, 8:24 AM

Post #17 of 17 (5059 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys...

A big thank you to everyone who turned up to support our cause at the MPS today. It is greatly appreciated.

Photos, and updates on the handover of the Memorandum and the Petition Signatures on my blog

http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com

thanking everyone for their continued support
Natasha Fernz
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my