Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya

junkradar
New User

Sep 11, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya Can't Post

I am a dog lover.

Lost a Golden Retriever to kidney failure 2 years ago.

On Sunday, 9th September, a very hot and dehydrated but handsome Dalmatian (male) ran into my husband's parents' car porch while I was unloading stuff from my car with the gate opened.

It was looking for shade as Sunday afternoon was SUPER hot.

I fed it lots of water and observed it, not sure if he was aggressive or not.

After a while of hiding under a small shade near the gate, he finally moved closer to where the awning of the car porch was - it was cooler there.

My husband and I did up manila cardboard posters and placed them on the gate to see if a neighbour had lost a dog.

Nobody has come to claim him so far.

He has scratches here and there and his paws look sore. We suspect he has been running for a few days so he is probably from a different Taman. His stools are watery so we also suspect he has been eating scraps for some time. At night, we fed it some food for large dogs borrowed from some neighbours. Every time we tried to pet it, he would draw back a little, curl up his lips and show some teeth but his tail would be wagging violently. He has not bitten us even though we have petted it quite a bit. He has even rolled over and tried to snuggle up to us.

We suspect he has been mistreated but we don't want to make judgments without adequate information.

We got a vet to have a look at him and she feels he's a fit dog save for some scratches and diarrhea. She prescribed a de-worming tablet, some nutrients and antibiotics. But although he ate yesterday morning, he didn't eat last night or this morning. I am worried.

My husband's parents already have a Shih Tzu inside the house and they don't want to keep this big fella for long. My parents have banned dogs from their home since our Golden Retriever died as they don't want to get too attached to dogs and get emotional when they pass on.

If anyone has lost a Dalmatian or is keen to have a pet Dalmatian, please call me at 012 395 7157.

The SPCA is my last resort.

Thank you for reading this post,

Lisa
Save Dogs from Evil People

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2007, 6:12 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junkradar] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the dalmation that was found in taman megah pls contact me at 012-4151524 yen. I have actually taken it up from Lisa. Not the small one, it belongs to me Juz tot that this picture is the nicest one..

Within a week's time it will be neutered and be put up for adoption.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

willi
Novice

Sep 14, 2007, 6:31 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Yen - your 'Smally' looks very healthy & playful yeah. Just to let you know that I have communicated with the Min Pin owner. He is asking for $400 as adoption fee which includes cage, shampoo + dog food. Unfortunately he is far away in Melaka
willi

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2007, 6:43 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [willi] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

She is very notty though...Haha.. Hope can find this dalmation's owner soon if not will put it up for adoption. He sheds a lot also now my whole house is full of fur...

junkradar
New User

Sep 14, 2007, 7:23 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Yen

Is Shasha/Sasha taking "Spotty" for a walk? :)

Got to say "Spotty" looks much better. I really hope he finds his owner or someone nice will adopt him.

Thanks for helping out. Really appreciate it.

Let me know if nobody adopts him ya.

Cheers!
Save Dogs from Evil People

yeee
Canine Addict

Sep 14, 2007, 9:16 PM

Post #6 of 12 (1866 views)
Shortcut

Shasha is so adorable. Spotty too is handsome.
Hopefully he finds his owner back soon.

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #7 of 12 (1830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi yeee,

is tat a Pom in ur avatar?

yeee
Canine Addict

Sep 15, 2007, 8:54 PM

Post #8 of 12 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh she is doudou. She is a pom/chihuahua mix. In chihuahua size. Sooo cute. She is in my hometown with my parents.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Sep 16, 2007, 4:25 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1815 views)
Shortcut

yap sure is cutie... very nice markings :D

not with u ar? sure u missed her so much !

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Sep 16, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #10 of 12 (1789 views)
Shortcut

Hi yeee,

DouDou is cute..., so where is your hometown? If is near KL then ok lar...at anytime you missed them can go back visit them... if is far... sure you will missed them. Smile

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 18, 2007, 1:30 PM

Post #11 of 12 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Hi. On the 22nd of August, I posted that I saw a dalmatian on the side of the road in the SS1/ SS3/ SS4B area. Judging from the picture, this could well be the same dog as the dalmatian that I saw scavenging for food.

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

If it is, it's terrible that this dog has been homeless for weeks. I hope you can help the poor fella get a permanant loving home soon. He is obviously good with other dogs - especially smaller ones - if he doesn't mind your little one tugging away at his harness. That is such a cute picture.

All the best.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 18, 2007, 3:39 PM

Post #12 of 12 (1746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Dalmatian Found in Tamna Megah, Kelana Jaya [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gusgus,

thanks for the info there. I remember some frens told me the same thing they saw it around the ss4 area but when we went there can't find the dalmatian anymore am quite sure it is the same dog. Have been distributing flyers bout him in some places and will give another week before I put him up for adoption as from his condition he doesn't look like he is being mistreated at all. He is a very manja dog and also a very jealous wan. He will attack puppies that run around him when he is chained up and he doesn't like it if you carry other dogs or puppies. He has tried to snap them many times.

For potential new owners one of my condition is that you must n ot have puppies at home as i do not want something to happen to your puppy. By end of this week i will be glad to start hunting for potential owners but if I can't find one that i am happy with i would rather keep it myself.

Thanks lots again..

Yen

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my