Vaccination schedule

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Sep 10, 2007, 7:13 AM

Post #1 of 16 (22078 views)
Shortcut
Vaccination schedule Can't Post

Hi everyone.

I have a question here regarding the vaccination schedule for my puppy. She had her first jab on 27/6/07 when she was still with the breeder. I then brought her to her current vet and got her 2nd jab on 30/7/07, and third jab on 27/8/07.

As far as I am concerned, the following jab should be done annually. However, I see the vet stating in her vaccination record card that her next visit should be on 30/7/08. It's one month difference. I was wondering if I am calculating wrongly or how...?

I didn't notice on the spot so I have missed the chance to ask. And personally I really feel the vet is kinda 'blood sucking' and the staffs there are not friendly. :/ I have no choice as it's the nearest to my place and among the oldest vet clinic in my area. Just wanna make sure I get the facts right before I confront them.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance! :)

Jess_lee

Sep 10, 2007, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 16 (22073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chunhuey] Vaccination schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Same here. My pup's 3rd vaccination is on 18/8/07, according to the vet, his next appointment is on 28/6/08. Not sure how he calculate.....

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Sep 10, 2007, 7:30 PM

Post #3 of 16 (22071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jess_lee] Vaccination schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

Uh... Did we go to the same vet... ?

The other vet that I went with my other pup last time did not do this. He gave the exact date next year. For some reasons I had to switch vet. But it seems that it's not that reliable as well. :/

Any idea anyone?

Visit NottyPooch Design for some awesome Eco Recycled Banner Accessories & Cool T-shirts

Jess_lee

Sep 10, 2007, 7:34 PM

Post #4 of 16 (22070 views)
Shortcut

My vet is in bukit mertajam. How bout urs?

How much u get ur pup, is it with MKA cert?

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Sep 10, 2007, 8:31 PM

Post #5 of 16 (22068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jess_lee] Vaccination schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh. Mine is in Penang Island itself. Near to Tg Tokong area.

Got it at 1k. It's the 2nd pup I got from the same breeder. Ya with MKA cert but I haven't got it yet. :D

Visit NottyPooch Design for some awesome Eco Recycled Banner Accessories & Cool T-shirts

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2007, 10:55 PM

Post #6 of 16 (21871 views)
Shortcut

Hey, which vet did u bring ur pup to? izzit gill?

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 5:20 AM

Post #7 of 16 (21863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [min_puzzle] Vaccination schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

Yaya! You too?

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2007, 7:31 AM

Post #8 of 16 (21857 views)
Shortcut

Yup, im going to Gill too. He's not that good??

But compared to other vets, i like to go there cz he's got his own opinion unlike other vets.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 7:55 AM

Post #9 of 16 (21834 views)
Shortcut

Erm well maybe I should say different ppl different experience. I have heard ppl having good experience with them. But mine isn't that good. I consider myself a rather friendly person - at least I smile at ppl, but they have the rudest staffs I have seen so far.

I have also heard ppl commenting that it was good when the father was the one operating. Now that the sons take over, it no longer provide good service.

I have a post here with my not-so-good experience:
web.mac.com/seaedge/MyDogDiary/My_Dog_Diary/Entries/2007/8/27_Visit_to_the_Vet%2C_Again..html

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2007, 8:08 AM

Post #10 of 16 (21832 views)
Shortcut

Yalor, i have to admit, the staff there quite rude lar. Ytd i went there mar. Then my bro was standing behind the door which is next to the counter reading sumthing. N when the receptionist open the door n knocked my bro she was like kinda pissed! n my bro had to apologise (gentleman). N she roled her eyes n said nvm. Excuse me la, it should be my bro who should be pissed in the 1st place. If u dun want ppl to stand behind the door, pls dont post any info on the door lar~ I smile to them too, but they just dun wanna smile back, So....u noe lar.

Really?? then i heard u mentioned that that place suck blood?? I think ok oni lar. Last time b4 i went to that place, i heard that place charge quite expensive, cz in town area. But after i took my guinea pig there, n he charged me okok lar. Summore got med. This time i took my Puzzle there, no vacc. but he dewormed her n spayed sum frontline. He charge me RM18, is that expensive?

There's a new vet in greenlane, called LIFE or sumthing lidat. Dunno good onot. I oso dare not simply go other vets lor. Smth happen to my pet b4 when i went to another vet . SO i've been bitten once b4 n now dare not simply take my pet to other vets d.

But everytime i go to Gill, i'll put sum money into the SPCA money box.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 8:51 AM

Post #11 of 16 (21830 views)
Shortcut

Haha. I feel that I am not alone now. :D I seldom talk to ppl regarding my bad experience there but your experience sounds very typical of that place. :D

Eh? Did I mention the place suck blood? I also can't remember. I just don't like the fact that they put my dog under antibiotic for 4 weeks, and over the 4 weeks, I had to go there 3 times (including the initial visit). That would sum up to be quite a lot. Personally I am not sure how much a vet should charge also...

I would hope there is a new and better vet in Tg Tokong area. :/

Guess what, my colleague put an SPCA donation box in the office. So I get to donate in the office instead. :D

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2007, 9:06 AM

Post #12 of 16 (21829 views)
Shortcut

Haha, ur not alone anymore~ I really really dont like the receptionist. N i've read ur blog entry on the visit to the vet. That was soo rude of that guy. I dont think the stuffs there love animals lar. Haiyoo..they treat u n ur pet as if u owe them money!

Yea, u mentioned it in an earlier post.

Haha, wic college are u in?? I will put money in that box everytime i see it. Habit since little girl. Last time worse, i climb up n hug the dog Laugh. Next time i better dun go to a college with a SPCA donation box or i sure pok kai 1..

Anyway, u got msn?? chat there easier la.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 4:34 PM

Post #13 of 16 (21826 views)
Shortcut

Hello hello.

No no I'm already working. I mean colleague in the office, not college. :D I would love to say I am only 18 but I am not. Frown

Erm you said got what? your words disappear there... only question marks (??). I think some words cannot be displayed here... try typing space in between words. :D

(This post was edited by chunhuey on Oct 1, 2007, 4:36 PM)

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2007, 5:24 PM

Post #14 of 16 (21823 views)
Shortcut

Heyy.

Ohh..sorry,my bad. I was reading n doing sumthing else at the same time.haha, u sound 18 though.

M s n. Yalor, this word cannot..that word cannot.

chunhuey
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2007, 6:06 PM

Post #15 of 16 (21821 views)
Shortcut

Frown

You can add me if you want. Just my name and h o t mail. Most of the time I appear Away and I am reall away though. working ma. Hehe.

min_puzzle
Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2007, 6:08 PM

Post #16 of 16 (21820 views)
Shortcut

Ok, i'll add u now. Most of the time, i'll appear bz. But im really not bz at all. I just dont want the window to pop up suddenly or vibrating when ppl nudge me. So u can talk to me anytime.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my