Home: General: Chit Chat:
Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 21, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 11 (867 views)
Shortcut
Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times Can't Post

aiyer......i'm sure many of you own at least 1 of their cars or had previously owned one. I have a kembara. The problems with my kembara that has not been fixed since early 2007:

1. Reverse sensors beeps at its own mood. Sometimes hit already also not yet beep.

2. 3rd brake light on the spoiler looks dimmer. Last mechanic said must change the whole thing as 1 LED blow liao.

3. Brakes and steering wheel vibrates when braking from 80+kmph to <40kmph sometimes.

Yesterday went for my 5th service with them already and once again I complained bout the 3 things above. In fact, problem no 1 and 2, already made a complain since February, since my 3rd service. They always say "No stock. When stock comes, we'll give u a call". Which they NEVER did, until I have to call Customer Service and make a hell lot of noise and they still never did call back.

Problem no 3, 3 months ago at my 4th service already complaint. They took out the brake discs from the back wheels and clean it. But problem not solved. So yesterday's service, they bleed the brakes. Still problem not solved. But vibration not that bad liao. Still can feel slight vibration when braking from high speed which I'm afraid might get worst with time if not fixed again.

Problem no 2, yesterday under the bright sunlight, they say no problem. It's a freaking LED based 3rd brake lights placed behind a layer of reflective surface. Of course when viewed under bright sunlight, sure no problem lah. But memang ONE LED bulb sudah blow.

Problem no 1, even though yesterday they say they change the reverse sensors for me, don they realise its not the sensor's problem anymore. This is the second time they change the sensors liao. Previously, change before. Why dont they check the wiring to the reverse sensoring system? Why dont they check the computer box? I'm not a freaking mechanic or engineer also I can tell them the problem is probably NOT in the sensors liao. If really the sensors, its either its always beeping or NOT beeping at all. Wont so sot sot sometimes beeps and sometimes doesnt beep.

Today call them back and told them my reverse sensors still this problem, they tell me bring the car back to them to check. Think I very free is it, kejap kejap bring my car to them.

Frustrated mannnnn.............

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Aug 22, 2007, 4:21 AM

Post #2 of 11 (850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

aiya don't buy local car mah, malaysia tak boleh

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2007, 6:00 AM

Post #3 of 11 (845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

i guess the popular ones without much problem would be toyota and honda. what you guys think?

yeee
Canine Addict

Aug 22, 2007, 7:50 AM

Post #4 of 11 (843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

Suzuki swift.

A good car, fun to drive.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Aug 22, 2007, 4:37 PM

Post #5 of 11 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

I drive a proton but I suppose I'm just plain darn lucky - no intractable problems so far touch all the wood I possibly can, and the car is already seven.

When the time comes for me to get another car, I'll get a Japanese one. Malaysian cars, Korean cars, forget it. European cars are good I suppose (with the exception of French ones), but they're too damned expensive.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 22, 2007, 5:05 PM

Post #6 of 11 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

Pirate yesterday evening rushed back to them to get it fix. Once again, they change the sensors. Yesterday night, still like problematic a bit lah. I thought these sensors are suppose to START beeping whenever there is an object behind the car. As the car inches closer to the object, the beeping gets faster and faster and faster. But even after they changed it, the object is like 1m away only START beeping very fast liao.

Don they dare tell me, it's like that!

Aiya no choice mah...... my honda CRV is in a piece of paper so called Degree sitting in a nice frame at home. Ok wait...maybe not CRV, maybe something better than that say a value of about RM300k+. What to do, no money and cant get sponsorship is like that lah. Have to make do with what I can. Hahahahah still better than settling for that small kancil like Naza car right? Tongue

Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2007, 7:52 PM

Post #7 of 11 (798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

Try MYVI...
Kembara is a kinda failure technology in peraduo..that why very seldom ppl look for kembara in peraduo...

By the way, do you know that Kembara is a 4 wheels drive car that means it take more fuel and less power. It will be good car if you drive this car in Sabah road, which is rocky and sandy..

i been driven a myvi for the past 2 year..it give me nothing but satisfication. I can speed up to 100km/perhour in 25-30 sec...the power is quite satisfied for a 1.3
If you into car-mod, myvi accessories now is quite common and reasonable in price...

Apart from that , the space in the car is quite comfortable...
My Myvi has no problem transporting 7 human being at one time of course one of them is a 8 years old child and the rest is adult including myself.
I was able to drive 4 of my furkids at one time to brickfield for their vaccination but of course my furkids is secure with seat belt..

Reason price + good performance + great look + User friendly car = GREAT CAR TO USE IN MALAYSIA

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 23, 2007, 9:48 PM

Post #8 of 11 (790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldnt deny that the MyVi is an economical car. I told my aunt to get it since she wants to trade in her 8 yr old kancil liao. It a choice between the Savvy and the Myvi. She doesnt have the guts to drive any car bigger than the Myvi's size. Tongue

And yes I do know the Kembara is a 4WD. Notice my earlier post, I mention "Honda CRV....". I like driving high cars and I don mean the car being high. I mean me as the driver sitting higher and driver seats adjustment like the city doesnt count. Hahahaha and yes I realised that all 4WD makan minyak like nobody's business because most 4WD are always built tougher than a sedan car. Maintanence cost also higher, everything also higher lah. That I know even before I got the car. My family was lecturing me on that. But being the hard headed one, I still got the Kembara because PAMA wouldnt sponsor my CRV or even the Hilux!Tongue Hahahahahaha anyway there is no way i'm gonna go from a GM Trailblazer to a Kancil mannn..... Tongue

Talk bout makan minyak, the trailblazer was giving me about 20ish mpg that's about 10km/l while the civic was about 40ish mpg. Now that's MAKAN MINYAK. Aiyo kena lecture bukan main panjang lagi on the phone ok when they found out I got that truck. Hahahahah but still.......having a different view is always nice.... Anyway that was my cheaper alternative as compared to the Humvee!! That's my dream car mannn..... to own a Hummer H3......woohoooo.....

Oh well, for now dream with Kembara first lah. Hahahahahaha

Anyway, finally MANAGE to get them to check the freaking computer box and changed it! Let's see still got problem or not. Hopefully not lah...... Crazy

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Aug 24, 2007, 7:35 PM

Post #9 of 11 (772 views)
Shortcut

Well talking bout cars, FYI kembara is a permanent 4WD and how to check your car makan minyak is tat thru the rev. Kembara gives u high rev and so as other smaller cc cars like kancils. The more u rev the more fuel it takes, so to save some fuel try not to rev too high. When next time u decide to get a car, test drive it and idle it at 110 km/h and look at the rev. If the rev is below 3000rpm then its consider fuel saving, some cars like to conti cars has low rev around 2000-2100rpm idling @ 110 km/h. I have drove the VW GTi outstation and de on board computer tells me 7.2l/100km. So its like 0.13-0.14 cents per km, wonderful isn't it?

Many factors may affect the fuel consumption like tyre pressure, load of the car, speed, aero dynamic, tyre size and many more.

In other word, dun speed as it saves fuel and yr life as well.

Cheers..

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Aug 24, 2007, 8:22 PM

Post #10 of 11 (767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] Why I am so frustrated with P*RODUA at times [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes yes...Kembara most efficient speed is less than 100km/hr. Hahahahahaha Rev is below 3000rpm only below 100km/hr. Above 100km/hr still, like 130-140, makan lor. I manage to drive from Ipoh to KL at that speed, yeah can reach KL in less than 2hrs (about 1 hour 30mins) from Jalan Kampar, Ipoh to SS2, PJ in that time. But speed all the way lah. Petrol makan about RM40+. But if drive about 80-100km/hr, duration about 2 and half hours sometimes longer, petrol burnt less than RM30. Got once kena stuck in the jam, wah lau eh, whole journey at 60km/hr, reach KL in 3 hours plus, petrol burnt, RM25. But sit until my backside can open flower mannnn....... Crazy

Aiya....drive slower, reach safer lor. Anyway cant drive too fast, wait my dogs puke i lagi mati. Hahahahahaha

Anyway me like big trucks. Looking at that range, all sure makan minyak one lah. Unless get hybrid. Hahahahahaha Sly

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Aug 24, 2007, 9:27 PM

Post #11 of 11 (764 views)
Shortcut

Well anyway gud luck on job hunting!

Cheers

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my