Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!!

smokey774
Novice

Aug 3, 2007, 9:51 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6926 views)
Shortcut
seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!! Can't Post

very important please please help me.

my puppy ozmoses is a blue heeler, about 3 months. he is very smart, he goes potty outside, doesnt go poo inside but he wont stop peeing. i know all the forums people say i have tried everything but i seriously have. i take him out about every 20 minutes, he goes, i praise him, we go inside. its gotten so bad that when he is out of his crate he is tied to my computer chair so i can watch him constantly. if hes in for 2 minutes, he will go! right there! he will just look at me and start peeing! when he does i scold him and take him out and he gets it. but he keeps doing it. its like he isnt even afraid to go in front of me! ive eliminated the odor, i dont get it. most people there is just something they havent tried but i seriously keep a watch on him. i will stop him in the act and he will even go in his crate if he is mad. ive read all the "your puppy only goes cus he cant help it" blah blah it crap! he knows cus he is good at holding it in during the night. ive read websites where they say he doesnt get what hes doing wrong but he does!!!! most of the time hell try and pee and run away quickly before i even react! i know that he knows how to hold it especially when he just went outside. he gets very upset when i scold him and he will look at the mess. i have tried just removing him, spanking him, distracting him and ive given it all lots of time to work. ive made it practically impossible to go but he still manages. if i literally turn my head for one second he will do it. im not exaggerating when i say i watch him closely. he shows no signs of having to go he'll just go. i dont know what to do. or sometimes when hes confined--i keep him in there so he doesnt go as much inside--and it seems like hes getting it and ill let him out, we go right outside he comes in runs all over then just pees. im so frustrated. also, when he doesnt want to go in his cage he will move around or bark then just pee but he doesnt do it all the time. the cage is next to me. yes ive also tried isolating him nothing works. gosh he is so smart. he has all his commands down he already knows a lot of words! "Get your Toy", "go find your toy" "water" "off" "get down" "food" "go to bed" "sit" "lay down" "shake" (both hands) "roll over" "gentle biting" "no" "good boy" "stay" "potty" "outside"(for playing) "drop it" "come" "walk" its amazing all he knows. he responds to all of these. he just wont stop peeing. oh and he doesnt have a urine infection. ive asked many people they all tell me the same thing "take him out every 20 min, catch him in the act, praise, give it time, crate train him" he seriously does not care if he gets pee on him. i give him baths, use pet products, but its like ive given him a bath almost every day this week his fur is all itchy. its a mild shampoo. the fact is, he keeps trying to pee no matter what. its down to spanking his bottom which doesnt work either. i hate to say but i do spank him mostly cus im frustrated. i dont think he takes me seriously but he only will listen if i yell or spank him. i have tried to calmly ask lay down over and over but he'll just sit and stare, or just ignore me, so ill yell and he'll do it and i use treats too. i seriously need expert help. believe me i have tried it all. what other reasons could this be? he doesnt respect me i feel and it makes me feel bad. i keep giving it time but i do know that he can hold it a lot better than he is doing. its rediculus. he knows that "pee pee" is bad, he will cower and look at it when i say it and he knows "potty" is good cus its outside. i dont wanna be a big meanie cus its like hes always in trouble. i know he isnt trying to make me mad but he does know the difference. there have been very few times he will whine at the door. and in the morning he barks for me to let him out. he will let me clip his nails and oh he also knows "open" he opens his mouth when i check his teeth. "fetch" also and now we are learning to carry things around. i know for being seventeen im doing a pretty damn good job. ive taughten him everything myself. my other dog, smokey who is seven, is a peke so hes naturally a blob but ive taught him the same and he is very respectful. i can leave food on the floor and he wont eat it. which oz wont either if i tell him not to but for being a puppy he has done so well and i love him so much. he even likes to hug me. however the only other thing i cant get him to do is speak! help with that too? omg he is so sweet but what do i do! im very serious about it and have putten a lot of time and effort AND MONEY!!! that is seriously his only problem the peeing thing. i think its a lack of respect thing cus smokey will go if we are gone from anxiety but he has held it for over 24 hours before..on accident of course. if you could just see how bright he is youd be so confused on why he still is going! how can i earn his respect. oh and i also watch those shows. i dominate his food bowl. make him wait until i say and all that stuff. he sees me as a meanie i think..umm..he just has a few issues! he is even great with the no jumping on people thing however he will run all over them trying to walk in their legs and always has to be touching them with his body. sorry this writing is very 3rd grade. im an actual writer but im just tired. ok ive wrote it all. i get its somehow mostly my fault. but i definitely know by the way he acts that he knows what is acceptable and what isnt. i know it seems easy to say to watch him more closely that isnt the problem. when he goes out he pees two or three times and poos. and the crate thing aint stoppin him. he will just pee in there if he cant have his way. i dont give in to it either. ive tried to leave him in there a couple times so he would be uncomfortable and wouldnt wanna do it but he has never cared. he will just lay in it. and then licks it off himself. ok i know this is long but i just tried to eliminate the possibe typical replies like "he cantr hold it" he can hes proven it or "down let him wander" i dont. "catch him only in the act" i do! so give me somethin else cus ive heard it all before. i know there is a way for him to get it. my friends dog still goes he is almost 2 years and i know that isnt right. i need him to get that peeing in the house is not right. that the only option is outside, and him telling me if he has to go. and respecting me more. his crate has no bedding if your wondering. and i keep toys in htere and yummy bones unless he pees i will take them out so they dont get all pee peed. wow all this writing im not as frustrated as i was haha. but please help. i need some serious not typical advice. and im not paying a bunch of money for housebreaking tips and crap. its simple its just hard at first i guess. we have also began his training from day one. so why is my puppy so crazy?! i dont want him to be afraid of me or he like cowers in submission and i want that to stop cus it makes me feel bad. dont worry im not abusing him!!! he just very sensitive. so please please help. he is also obsessed with milton our cat. its creepy. we have tons of cats but he loves milton. you can put a t-bone steak in front of his face and he rather watch milton. everything is a game to him. they need to invent doggy adderal cus it works for me lol. so please help???!!!

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 3, 2007, 10:52 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokey774] seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I may not be a dog expert but i've read many threads and if I am not mistaken, somebody mentioned about spaying or neutering your dog. Not sure if that works. Sorry if I am sound negative but reading your thread, you may have scolded the do once too many times. Your dog is only 3 months old and so is my Chi. I understand that many times it is easier said than done trying to hold back our frustration when "accidents" happen. But our scolding won't help cause it only confuses the pup especially when they are still young. Your thread is long but seriously, you still have a long way to go and so do I. 3 months is still very young. Don't give up. Maybe there is someone here that may be able to help you but you could try to be more patient with her.

May I recommend for you to try this - it may take some time but it may just work. You may need to regain back the trust and confidence from the pup so that when she pee, your pup will not find you "offensive". Continue to praise your pup because that is one thing your pup may need from you - assurance. In the meantime, do not allow your pup to roam freely until she learns to pee in the right place - maybe in her crate but on newspaper. Chrisong has a thread on this and it may be useful to you. Leave her in the crate and train her there until she learns to pee on newspaper. When you want to play with her, maybe you could get a huge box, lay it up with newspaper and let her run around with you playing with her from outside the box. She will need the assurance and confidence from you that when the pup pees, you will not scold her/him anymore. She/He may be peeing out of fear or submission. Remember, your pup is only 3 months and she/he is just about to be fully weaned from babyhood. She/He is coming to kindergarten stage now. Take it easy cause I think you are really stressed up now. I know how you feel cause I sometimes do go thru it too. It is better to train your pup now than to see the pup sick and lifeless. It is very heartbreaking. Cool it and breath deep. Leave her/him in the crate and train her/him there to pee on newspaper and not in the house.

Once this is done, slowly take her/him out from the crate or box and put the pup on the floor for 5 mins but be ready for the worst lah. If the pup pees, don't scold but firmly say NO and put her/him back into the box or crate. Try again in 15 mins time. If the pup can stand for 5 mins, slowly increase another 5 mins and so on. Each time the pup pees, firmly say NO and put her/him back into the crate or box. Seriously, it may take days, weeks or even a month but your persistance and patience will reward you. Assure the dog not appease your frustration. You can make it .......

smokey774
Novice

Aug 3, 2007, 11:15 PM

Post #3 of 5 (6918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you! yeah i get what your saying i think it might help. yeah your right i do criticize him too much but at least he isnt afraid to pee in front of me cus when we go outside he goes..actually he like stares at me while hes doing it cus he knows i like it. hes so bright but those little habbits he has are so strange. but i dont think he pees for submission..i mean cus he has done that and its much different. he is kind of shy and he will roll over and pee. but i totally get what you mean. its been seven years since i had a puppy of my own, my older dog smokey is a 7 years old peke. he was a snap. he is really a bump on a log. so its different now with a pup who has energy. i actually just a few min ago taught him to kiss and also hes learning to shut his eyes on command! i recognized how he cowers now. i never have hurt him but i know just yelling made him feel bad. i appreciate your help! ill begin working on it right away and ill let you know in a while how its working!!! my puppy says hi too!

dowk2301
Dog Kichi

Aug 3, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokey774] seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wishing you all the best. I am also learning to train my dog. But by what I read, you have a very smart dog there. Learn to cherish the pup and once she is trained, she will bring you much joy. I hope mine will too .....

zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 13, 2007, 8:43 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dowk2301] seriously important!!! wont stop peeing not kidding when i say ive tried everything--please help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

wall-o-text. ok i did not read everything as no spacing and paragraph really hurt my eyes lol

1) are you using non-ammonia cleaners? hope you are else there's your problem

2) if you know he needs to ease himself then i'd say either don't tie him to your computer or two, put a weewee pad there.

3) if what u say is true that he knows it's wrong to do it there, then the only thing i can think of is he's like how my pup used to be. they are young and have underdeveloped bladder. so when they gotta go, they gotta go! they do drink lots of water so that might add to it.

hope things improve :D

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my