my beagle bark and howl when gated

karenliew
Novice

Jul 24, 2007, 6:27 AM

Post #1 of 3 (9589 views)
Shortcut
my beagle bark and howl when gated Can't Post

Frown hi all ,
I have 6 months old female beagle that was bough 3 days ago. She not familiar with her new living environment , so she will have distance with my family , but after closer with us ,she will follow your step wherever you go .when we gated her , she will start howling when we out of her sight , it make me headache . I keep saying "SHHH" to her instead of scoring her , but it seem not working at all . i try pretend score her , it work for a while , after 5 minutes she started howl . toys doesn't work as well . I think she scare to be lonely . she'll be sleep if you are at her side . it's not a long tern solution , i need to work and she have to gated . please give me some solution !! Blush THX ........

sbt
Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2007, 3:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (9539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karenliew] my beagle bark and howl when gated [In reply to] Can't Post

She wants attention, just like a child. Just ignore her and it will stop after sometime. Moreover if she is seperated from her mates, there is a period of adjustment. (Seperation anxiety.)

Come to think of it, Dogs are very humannn.......
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

(This post was edited by sbt on Aug 2, 2007, 3:06 PM)

Senseless
Novice

Nov 1, 2007, 7:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (9384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] my beagle bark and howl when gated [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem with my 2 month old Westie bought last week. When I'm at home, he'll follow me where ever I go, and when I put him into the play pen and out of his sight, he'll start whining and barking after 10mins. I scolded him and use a rolled newspaper to hit the ground and said NO angrily at him, but after a while he start all over again. Unsure

I'm staying in a condo and I do not want to disturb the neighbours, cos when he start to bark, my neighbour dog start barking back as well. Crazy

I started off letting him autoroam in the house at sleeping time initially, but as he is not 100% toilet trained, so I decided to keep him inside the playpen till he knows where to pee and poo.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my