Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 3, 2007, 8:58 AM

Post #26 of 39 (8985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-Zhi Yan-] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anything as long as it can make noise inside the tin.. Juz seal the tin lo. And dun throw at ur dog :p juz throw near him.. haha..As long as he dun see u can already..

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Jess_lee

Sep 3, 2007, 5:57 PM

Post #27 of 39 (8976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello....

I don't think is method can be apply to my dog....He's brave...too brave I can say Unsure If this whole tin throw towards him, he will play with it.

I get him back when he's 6 weeks...I put him inside the cage outside my garden. It rain whole night with thunder n lightning that day, he just sleep soundly n ignore everything.

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Sep 4, 2007, 4:55 AM

Post #28 of 39 (8969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz

haha thx for the advise.does this idea work on ur dog?
I wanna ask you something too.Do you know how to like make ur dog not so wild and active.My dog is super active and nw as he grew rite his kind of fierce.

Bcoz of his too active rite,and nt very sure wif his breed i dun let him allow to walk himselve outside.Like my frens dog rite,she is nt even scared if her dog walk outside if the door is open.

My dog run very fast too.:D

-Zhi Yan-
[paw 16}
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 4, 2007, 6:00 AM

Post #29 of 39 (8969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-Zhi Yan-] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm.. how to say only 1 dog dat i have is very notty cos I did not personally raise him.. Very notty now. All my other dogs are ok not much probs. Had a neighbour who is a dog trainer so I get tops. If you have time then u can spend time training it if not you have to send it for professional training. As for hyper active most puppies are like that. But I am sure they are greedy also. Food is the best way to train them. If they are hyper active try make them do a command like sit or down then hold the treat in ur hands till he dun move onli give him. Try training ur dog for a short time like 10 mins or less first. Slowly increase the training time. Dogs like human have short attention span. After 45mins they will not be interested anymore. Of cos this varies from dog to dog. My notty boy, a terrier mix no matter how notty and hyper active he is wen he see me taking the biscuit tin he will sit in the cage and never step out till i give him the food. Try teaching your dog to wait also. And use newspaper roll to wack they hate to be wacked at the back. Lastly always use a leash wen training them pull when they lose focus..

Sorry I mix around with the topics all messy wan..Just typing whatever that comes into my mind.

zen
Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #30 of 39 (8959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleeping beauty] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey sleeping beauty, it seems like your pup know exactly what you want. He understand you but he just being notti & thats the pup instinct. Be patience, I think you can do it since he actually got your "signal". Sly

Im not sure bout the teeth, ard 5 months old gua.....but believe onot, I miss those miserable puppyhood time.Wahahhaaa........you should enjoy sometime coz they grow really fast.

By the way, what breed is your pup?? look anit like my BenBen, the eye.

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Sep 5, 2007, 3:22 AM

Post #31 of 39 (8951 views)
Shortcut

heyz

haha dun worry my typing also same.

Wud u mean my profesional training.I do send my dog training class though.Nw he is in an upper class.I dun use newspaper worr, i whack him at his upper legs there?can? or izzit better to use newspaper,roll it up and hit his backsite??

Yea,my dog loves foods too,i do train him by food but it cannot be all the time food rite.I saw one of the trainer rite,she just walk with her dog unleash.Its so cool.

Now i can't really spent time with my dog,but i do larr coz im having my pmr,but i still spent time with him sometimes.

Any idea for me to train a him to be a better dog? haha ..
I want my dog to be obedient,so that when next time i accidentally lose him,i call him he will come to be although i dun have food><

haha anyway im not sure with my dog breed so kind a hard lar...im scared that when he grow up,he bites.

-Zhi Yan-
[paw 16]
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

sleeping beauty
Novice

Sep 5, 2007, 4:11 AM

Post #32 of 39 (8949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai...In a way, ya... i should be happy if he really understand my signal. And i did enjoy going through with him in his puppyhood. i took a lot of photo of him so that next time i have some sweet memory... as he grew up very fast.

He is a st. bernard puppy. hehe cute leh, i enjoy looking at him while he sleeping or playing...
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 5, 2007, 9:01 AM

Post #33 of 39 (8943 views)
Shortcut

i would prefer using newspaper so dat i won't accidentally hurt the dog with my long nails or in some other way. Dun give food all d time when ur dog obeys. give pets n praises also.. If your dog can come to u wen u call it to in all situations then it should be safe to let it walk without a leash. Best is talk to your trainer she will be able to provide better advise as she knows your dog better..

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Sep 6, 2007, 1:56 AM

Post #34 of 39 (8917 views)
Shortcut

heyz

hhmm okie dokie then.heyz thx for the advises though.U look like a trainer haha.

-Zhi Yan-
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

nicholas yap
Novice

Jul 17, 2008, 9:15 AM

Post #35 of 39 (7775 views)
Shortcut

hi there,
did ur blackie still same like wat u saying here?

lestat786
Novice

Aug 27, 2008, 10:00 AM

Post #36 of 39 (7633 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

my dog just chewed my moms number plate into bits and pieces!!!
omg, that really pissed my mum off..
and now shes asking me to give it away!!
how can i save m,y dog?
shes around 8 - 9 months old now
is it still because of the teeth problem?
Mike

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 27, 2008, 3:33 PM

Post #37 of 39 (7627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lestat786] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

your dog is too bored. Buy different types of toys for him and also try kong toys. Take him for long walks before you go out of the house and before sleep. Keep him away from the things that he must not bite. 8-9 months sure will still bite la.

sammychan
New User

Sep 10, 2008, 12:47 AM

Post #38 of 39 (7325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lestat786] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have my dog, you'll cry...Mad I stay in an apartment so i keep the dog in my room when I'm out. He chewed and ate some of my medicine (diarhoea, sore throat, etc). I don't know how he get them from the table. Then he tore my rug to pieces, and also shred papers/ tissue like a professional paper shredder machine. Not only that, once he took my cigarettes middle of the night and ate the tobacco! When i woke up I saw tobacco leaves everywhere. PLUS, he chewed off one of my bed frame's leg until it's almost patah now. He also broke one bottle of my perfume... Bite my lotion bottle until rosak and lick the lotion.

Now... i cannot put anything on my table. Must put on high shelf!

Luckily he's adorable and entertains me... if not, i really feel like killing him! The amazing this is, he ate so many poisonous things like lotion, medicine and cigarette also he nvr get sick. He just vomit a few times then ok already. Even the vet was shocked to hear all the things he put in his mouth and chew~

daniellechua02
Novice

Oct 8, 2008, 7:09 AM

Post #39 of 39 (6978 views)
Shortcut

* Crate training your dog until your dog are well train to be free and unsupervised at home.
* Get your dog to release some of that pent up energy with exercise/long walk and spend some time to play with him.
* Use deterrent available at pet store such as bitter apple, sour grapes. Homemade deterrent include mixture of hot sauce, cayenne pepper, hot mustard and etc.
* Make sure dog crate are literally decorated with a wide variety of dog toys. This will make him no choice except to chew the dog toys.
* Make the dog toys tempting by soaking rawhide and long marrow bones in flavored soups. Dry the bones and give to your dog as dog treat.
* Get a hollow rubber bone and put peanut butter in the middle. Dog will enjoy licking the bone for hours to get every last taste of the peanut butter.
* Please do not confuse your dog by giving them inappropriate item such as old shoes/socks. (As this will make dog confuse and will tend to chew on your new shoes/socks.)
Danielle Chua
www.dogcareschool.com

Love and Understand your dog, pinurl.com/loveyourdog

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my