Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Jul 1, 2007, 10:04 PM

Post #1 of 39 (20137 views)
Shortcut
Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! Can't Post

Heyzz ppl out there..my dog's name is blackie.Im not sure with his breed but he is a mix.Anyway back to the point!!!MY DOG BITES EVERYTHIN..selipars,rocks,grass,broomms,string and more...
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

jennifer82
Novice

Jul 26, 2007, 10:14 PM

Post #2 of 39 (19834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-Zhi Yan-] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

my chester also bite everything too..... and worse still he even swollow them... stones, etc ... therefore i need to keep both my eyes on him... scare he choke.....

is it all puppies like this?? i mean bite everything they they see on the floor??? will they stop when they r bigger???

thanks.

Jess_lee

Jul 27, 2007, 11:26 PM

Post #3 of 39 (19791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jennifer82] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Same problem here...Unsure When my pup is out of the cage, totally lost control. Sniff n Bite anything on the floor, when i shout NO!! He'll look at me a few sec then continue his bitting again! Crazy Headache man....

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Jul 28, 2007, 10:14 AM

Post #4 of 39 (19766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jennifer82] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz

haha than i do think puppies love to bite then.My dog, when i bring him out for a walk.. he use to bite and 'chew' and swalow the stones.I see it ill dig it out from his mouth ,but now i dun see him eating stones though.

In my house he loves to carry the selipar,brooms and everythin haha.

-Zhi Yan-
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

zen
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2007, 10:29 PM

Post #5 of 39 (19613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [-Zhi Yan-] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, puppies do LOVE to chew and thats the most headache moment!!! Their mouth/gum is getting itchy coz they going to change thier baby teeth. So its very normal for them to chew but you have to stop them, dont make it as a habit. Firmly say NO to them when they want to chew/bite or push them away once they start it. You have to repeat it few times, if they stop then you have to praise them or give them treats. When my boy turn ard 3 or 4 months old, he really drive me crazy. I have scar all over my hand & leg, and sometime bleed.Pirate I do beat him with newspaper if he get too serious. Be patience, remember they are still a kid...take it slowly. My boy stop the bad habit once he change his baby teeth(I kept his baby teeth), he do bite nowadays but only try to get our attention.

Anywhere, GOOD LUCK !!

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

jennifer82
Novice

Aug 1, 2007, 12:30 AM

Post #6 of 39 (19607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

i also got keep Chester's baby teeth..hehe..manage to keep 2 only... n i think others he swallow liao... guess same thing happen to most of us.... sometime he also bite me too hard until bleed... n sometimes blue black.... haiyo.. very pain lor esp now cos i think he mostly got all his adult teeth liao.... n my leg also got scratches everywhere, he so excited during his meal time...keep jumping ... n that is how i get most of the scratches on my leg.... dunno how many time i need to ask him to SIT then only he will listen.... guess he too hungry liao....

last time i used to beat him also..using newspaper roll... but he not scared.. only will stop awhile...aftertat will continue again.... so i dont think it work on him... .therefore i dont beat him or push him away liao... when he bite me or my clothes tat i wearing.. i jz take his toy n pretend playing with it then throw it far far.... so he will stop n then get his toy back...

btw..do u know whether the adult teeth will grow back if it is 'tercabut' ??? or dog teeth is like human? will not grow back?

have a nice DAY

zen
Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2007, 7:47 PM

Post #7 of 39 (19529 views)
Shortcut

Hmm..Im not sure whether the adult teeth will grow back after tercabut wo, mayb you can check with Vet. But then how come tercabut??? So ganas???

I will take away his food if he never sit stay....so you will see him drooling looking at his food...hehehe. They have to learn.

Dont let them eat the stone, I heard theres a case at oversea where the dog love to swallow stone untill his tummy getting bigger & bigger. Luckily the owner sent him to the vet if not the dog can die of it. All the stone was inside the tummy...gosh. Very scary ler. So dont let your pup put everything in the mouth..keep an eye on them wherever you bring them out.

jennifer82
Novice

Aug 3, 2007, 12:21 AM

Post #8 of 39 (19508 views)
Shortcut

hello.......

hehe..me jz asking nia...... his adult teeth didnt tercabut.. jz wanted to know only...cos quite worried when c chester keep biting anything....

it has been a long time since i took him for a walk..so he dont have chance to came across any stones... no worry.... :) last time i saw some small stones in his poo... Unsure didnt know when he ate it cos he walks behind me ..... next time must keep both of my eyes on him liao..hehe...

take care..

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Aug 8, 2007, 2:04 AM

Post #9 of 39 (19326 views)
Shortcut

Frown
hey hey..

Hmm his baby teeth yea.that day his gum bleed but i do not see any teeth dropping though haha.

About the chewing thing,i said no very loud and try to chase him to catch the thing he is bitting but seems to failed.My dog run absolutely fast and i beat or push him though he still bites.That is why at night my dad do not allowed me to let him out.

He bites the umbrella,selipars and eventually BROOM STICKS!!Frown

Haizz..anyway hope he will stop and his baby teeth will drop haha.

-Zhi Yan-
Frown
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

Jess_lee

Aug 9, 2007, 9:33 PM

Post #10 of 39 (19272 views)
Shortcut

As mentioned previously, my gr pup is having the same problem. Now situation does improve a bit, at least he won't bite shoes and clothes (hanging outside). But others like floor mat n plastic bags, he will still bite.

I'm teaching him 1 by 1, 1st thing is shoes, I won't stop him for bitting others, but will stop him for shoes only. After he manage not to bite, then will teach him the rest in sequence. Not sure works or not, just my opnion.

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2007, 1:39 AM

Post #11 of 39 (19265 views)
Shortcut

hallo,

when is their teething period end normally huh? u seems like quite expert leh.. my roxy is 6 mths and 4 days, somebody told me 8 mths... she bites me too but seldom bite my husband..i think she doesnt like me coz i always beat her haha... too naughty lah

zen
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2007, 10:00 PM

Post #12 of 39 (19229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_crystal929] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Crystal, not expert la. I just share my experience only. I learn from puppy.com too when I 1st get my boy. Im not really sure when their end, I think around 7 or 8 months old gua. But then my boy still bite when he play too much, he tend to forget when he get excited....my boy like to bite me too because he like to bully me instead of my bf. Unsure Normally, I dont layan him when he bite me, then he get bored when nobody play with him. His godmom lagi geng, she slap him when he bite till he dont dare to bite anymore. (I know its kinda cruel but its all dpend on your dog ler.)

Be patien la Crystal, thats the essence. Hahahaha Sly

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Aug 11, 2007, 6:01 AM

Post #13 of 39 (19191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jess_lee] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz.
Wink

You know wud my dad told me.? He said that there's one fellar who told him to put vinegar on the shoes.My dad tried to put lime and he did not bite at all,but we can't be putting it everytime right?

Anyway how u stop your dog from bitting though??

-Zhi Yan-
Frown
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

Jess_lee

Aug 11, 2007, 4:20 PM

Post #14 of 39 (19155 views)
Shortcut

I never knew that vinegar helps...shall try n c..haha

Me ar, when he try to bite shoes, I'll snatch away from him n tell him NO! He'll try to get back from me, but he'll give up after several times...Then he'll continue to explore other places. When he reaches the shoes again, he won't touch edi. But ofcoz need to repeat n repeat la.Crazy

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Aug 11, 2007, 10:51 PM

Post #15 of 39 (19120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jess_lee] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz

haha durno,my dad told me that.Anyway how old are u.?

Yea i tried to get back the shoes from him but he runaway.

-.-

so now to prevent him from bitting shoes and others im always at the side of him/

-Zhi Yan-
Frown
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

Jess_lee

Aug 13, 2007, 5:26 PM

Post #16 of 39 (19020 views)
Shortcut

Well, what I can say is I had passed the teenagers age, *sigh*

My gr will run away too...I manage to chase him n snatch back the shoes. Then the next time when he wans the shoes again, will look at me 1st. Smart boy! But short concentrate period, hard to train also. Unsure

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Aug 16, 2007, 7:22 AM

Post #17 of 39 (18823 views)
Shortcut

heyz

haha good one.How old are you though?

-Zhi Yan-
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

prue_onh
Novice

Aug 28, 2007, 6:14 AM

Post #18 of 39 (18150 views)
Shortcut

Hey...all...my poodle do the same thing also...bitting bitting bitting...until my family really cannot tahan loo...he already 7 months but stil same...when i shout at him...o i say "NO" to him he'll bark me back...aiyo...makes me really headache

luminox
New User

Aug 29, 2007, 4:47 AM

Post #19 of 39 (18091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prue_onh] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

may i suggest a "mouth strap" harness everytime this occurs. When ever your dog do/did the unthinkable chewing habits, use that strap as a punishment method. It does take sometime for him/her to drop the habit. It works well for me after 4 months, I lost many pairs of slippers, shoes, plants, anything that is in her sight. There's a time whe she chewed my auto-gate cable!!

By the way, I own a beautiful 2 years old female labrador retiever. Her name is Brandy.

Jess_lee

Aug 29, 2007, 6:08 PM

Post #20 of 39 (18053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luminox] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

What's mouth strap, can explain a little bit more? Hehe i'm new to doggie world....

luminox
New User

Aug 29, 2007, 6:16 PM

Post #21 of 39 (18050 views)
Shortcut

Dog muzzle as picture shown. This muzzles are with the buckle ones, expensive. Get those type with velcro types, cheaper.

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 30, 2007, 8:02 PM

Post #22 of 39 (18011 views)
Shortcut

Same thing happened to me, my 10 weeks old puppy also like to bite me and everything he saw. and he cant estimate the streght to bite which always make me hurt, but still not bleeding yet la. I scolded him and pull stop playing with him for a moment. after that play with him again and he wont bite (for only few minutes) hai... if he keep biting me for a few times like above, then i'll stay away from him and ignore him for a few hours. After that he will be good... (for few hours)...Unsure

He also like to bite other things . when i noted he biting, then i scolded him, then he will stop. the next time he wont bite in front of me, when he noted i stand behind him, him will stop immediately and go away. Unsure

He actually know what is prohibited to do but still did it. how can i stop that?

Btw, when will they change their puppy teeth?

Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Aug 31, 2007, 6:52 AM

Post #23 of 39 (17976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prue_onh] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz

haha yours bark,mine runaway with the things in his mouth.My dog will not bite if i or any member of my familr around him or playing with him la but he still bites

My dog just seems to love to bite lar,durno how to stop

My dad know one way which is to put vinegar or lime or sumthin liddat at the things he like to bite,than when he sniff he will not bite or sumthin liddat.

My dad tried but that we cannot everyday put rite..kind a wasting><

-Zhi Yan-
[paw 16]
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 31, 2007, 7:48 AM

Post #24 of 39 (17964 views)
Shortcut

Try put wasabi or minyak angin.. See they dare bite again or not. If you have time there's one effective way of teaching them but will need a lot of patience n time. USe a tin can and fill it with pebbles half full. When u see it biting something or doing something that u dun wan it to do hide n throw the can somewhere near it. Dun let your dog see u. Dogs are generally afraid of strange sounds so they will think it is that thing that is scolding them. When your dog dun notice pick up the can and hide again n monitor ur dog. If they do it again then throw agian till your dog learns it. Try make the can a way so dat it can sound as loud as possible.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

-Zhi Yan-
Novice

Sep 1, 2007, 5:33 AM

Post #25 of 39 (17880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Help!!!My dog is bitting EVERYTHIN!ANYTHING! [In reply to] Can't Post

heyz

thx,but if i put pebbles inside wun the pebbles fall out when i throw at my dog?

I can't hide.When i come out from the house its me unless i throw it from the top.Anyway nah cannot put minyak angin lar...,my house outside got alot of things and selipars so i think i go with ur idea.

But how definite the pebbles will fall out wud? if i dun have pebbles wud can i put?

-Zhi Yan-
Frown
-Zhi Yan-

Add me please.
Let's be friends.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my