Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!!

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 11, 2006, 8:32 PM

Post #1 of 23 (4319 views)
Shortcut
Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! Can't Post

Help!Help!Anyone can tell me how can i train my MS pee poo in my toilet??She dun like newspaper,if she see a newspaper,she must go & beat the newspaper....Frown So anyone can giv me some opinion to train my MS pee poo in pee poo in the toilet....thx u all

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2006, 5:44 AM

Post #2 of 23 (4299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanyee] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ivan,

Below I attached the photos of the playpen & a tray for ur referrence.
Attachments: playpen.JPG (95.8 KB)
  tray.JPG (86.7 KB)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2006, 6:09 AM

Post #3 of 23 (4297 views)
Shortcut

Inside the playpen you need to place the newspaper, but leave a spot for ur pup to sleep on. Place some old cloth on that special spot place for ur pup as her sleeping area. Usually dog like clean they don't like to peepoo at their sleeping area. When ur pup pee on the newspapar place another piece on top of the pee. When the newspaper all getting dirty & messy change all. If your pup like to bite newspaper, try give her something chew toy for her inside the playpen. You are required to place ur pup inside the playpen most of the time untill she learn newspaper is the peepoo place. Occasionally, you can let her out to play but remember if you saw her wanted to peepoo faster carry her to the newspaper and wait for her to finish peepoo then praise her.

When she know newspaper is the peepoo place slowly introduce it to a tray cover with newspaper. At first you might need to put some newspaper that got ur pup urine smell. The tray you can place inside ur house that you want ur pup where to peepoo. Show ur pup where is this tray of newspaper are.

Once in awhile ur pup will miss peepoo at the newspaper. That is normal. Be patient & conssitent in ur training. When your pup know where to peepoo then you no need to cage ur pup liao. When you went out for work you can now be less worry cause she already know where to peepoo on the tray of newspaper. When you come back from work you only clean up the newspaper and place a new one on the tray that all.

Hope this help.

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 14, 2006, 7:07 PM

Post #4 of 23 (4289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

okok...thxs for ur opinion...i will try it in this week....is it the newspaper on the tray must hav the pee smell of my puppy?? is it hav to cage her in the playpen until she know where to pee poo??or can i close her in the toilet & use the same format as cage in the playpen??Frownmy puppy too like to bite newspaperFrown but i will try to get her more toys....

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 15, 2006, 5:13 PM

Post #5 of 23 (4278 views)
Shortcut

Yes. You need to put her in the playpen untill she get the idea that newspaper is the place where she will do her business. You need to use a newspaper with ur pup pee stain on it & place it on the tray so that she know.

Hmm...Close her in the toilet. If you close her inside a toilet also can but, you not closing the door cause you might not know wat happening to her inside the toilet. You can get a babygate.

Your house got 2 toilet??? If not you might have problem access to the toilet liao. LOL Sly

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 15, 2006, 6:53 PM

Post #6 of 23 (4276 views)
Shortcut

I TEST UR IDEA YESTERDAY DY....YAYA...MY HOUSE GOT 2 TOILET BUT I CANT PUT NEWSPAPER INSIDE COZ IF I NO SEE HER THEN SHE WILL BITE ALL THE NEWSPAPER & MAKE THE TOILET SO DIRTY...HAHA...IF NO USE NEWSPAPER CAN JUST USE THE PAN WITH HER PEE SMELL ON THE PAN??

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 16, 2006, 1:27 AM

Post #7 of 23 (4272 views)
Shortcut

The purpose of putting newspaper is to absorb the urine so that your dog next urine time wouldn't step on the wet urine. Newspaper also act as a tool/target for ur doggie to recognise, so that he/she only can peepoo on newspaper only not everywhere.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2006, 5:20 PM

Post #8 of 23 (4259 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chris,

your dog will pee/poo on the tray which u put in the playpen? My pup will poo in the tray....but she will pee outside (on the floor)...she normally won pee/poo at the same placeUnsure.....do u exp such thing before?

please advise....thanks!

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 5:58 PM

Post #9 of 23 (4256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, my dogs will peepoo on the tray with newspaper on top.

Your pup still young & you need to start teaching them now where to peepoo. You need to teach them using newspaper is the place for them to peepoo not on the floor. Sometime accident do happen with young pup like wat you told me that your pup peepoo outside the tray. Correct them on the spot if you see them peepoo outside the tray say "NO". Bring them to the place where you want them to peepoo. Correct them immediately if you see them going to peepoo on the floor say "NO" & bring them to the newspaper and wait till they finish their business. Praise them for doing a good job "Good Boy, Good Girl"

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2006, 6:19 PM

Post #10 of 23 (4253 views)
Shortcut

Thanks chris....Smile

yeah.....dats wat i did when accidents happen......however, my problem is when i am not at home (working)....she will poo on the tray and pee on the floor....but when i am at home, usually i bring her to the toilet to pee/poo.....so far so good...as long as i remember to bring her to the toilet, hardly any accidents happen lately.......

i guess since i'm working, my training will take longer time...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2006, 6:48 PM

Post #11 of 23 (4247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem. I think you already know how to teach your pup. It that sometime your pup will miss the spot that all. No worry. She will get it right soon.Cool

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 18, 2006, 7:05 PM

Post #12 of 23 (4246 views)
Shortcut

oOo...THX FOR U ALL OPINION....I REALLY CANT PUT NEWSPAPER FOR HER TO PEE/POO COZ SHE WILL ALWAYS BITE THE NEWSPAPER DE!!!HOW TO TRAIN HER NEVER BITE THE NEWSPAPER?? IF SHE DUN BITE THE NEWSPAPER THEN MY TRAINING WILL EASY GOING...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2006, 9:11 PM

Post #13 of 23 (4243 views)
Shortcut

i hv another idea...mayb u can put newspaper on the tray and use the mat (plastic mat whereby ppl usually put in toilet to avoid slipping) on top of it.....so your dog will not get to bite the newspaper and can pee/poo on top of it. I hvnt tried it though...just run through my mine after i saw the thread recommending wizdog.....Wink

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

wan
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #14 of 23 (4236 views)
Shortcut

My dog last time when toilet-train him also like to bite newspaper if we leave the newspaper and him there unsupervise. Like what chrisong say newspaper is use as a tool or target so no matter what if we're training them indoor then you need a newspaper. Unless u wanna change it to grass lor..

So like what you said can u close the toilet door and lock him in toilet. Thats what i did last time. Err.. and I close myself inside with him until he peepoo. (those days are torturing) So that i can see that he does his business and didnt bite newspaper. If bite say a firm "NO".

Sometimes I got no time I will lock him in the toilet. For a while. Of course the timing has to be right that is after food, after sleep, after play.

What i suggest it lock him in toilet with u inside after a few rounds maybe after few days when u know he can do it on the paper for few consecutives days u can lock him inside after food. Time it lah roughly u know he alr do his business liao then open door and check.

Remember praise them a lot a lot praise like crazy and give them treat everytime he does it on the newspaper in the toilet.

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 19, 2006, 5:35 PM

Post #15 of 23 (4226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...yes i agree!!!!!! i did the same too...i took my pup to the toilet to pee/poo....but sometimes she will wander out from the toilet even before she does her business...so wat i did is to lock her (and myself inside of course) in the toilet. after 1 day or 2..she gets the idea...now each time she wanna pee/poo she will go to the toilet by herself......

i guess u juz need to make sure that u do it at the right time and alwiz use the same word when she pee/poo so dat she will understand the meaning of the word.

but of course, during work time, i hv no choice but to put the tray in her playpen....so she will hv to do her business there instead of in the toilet....Laugh

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Kii
Novice

Apr 1, 2007, 7:42 AM

Post #16 of 23 (3913 views)
Shortcut

I'm housetraining my Nici too and it's a tiring job. And like most of you, I had to lock myself in the toilet with her. Sometimes my dad too. I think she starts to get the idea but sometimes she can't hold pee. After doing her business, she will still pee a little when she played too much. But she definately will pee alot when she was let out from her crate or when she finish her meal. I guess that's the same for every puppy.

wibbly
Dog Kichi

Jun 18, 2007, 11:31 PM

Post #17 of 23 (3626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Helo!

I tried to lock my dog n me inside the toilet but man! can dat dog hold his pee n poo! We were in there for more than 1 hr (he's already 7 months old, so can hold it in longer, i guess) n still he refuse to go toilet. Then 5 mins after i let him out, he go poo in the kitchen. Once or twice i managed to outwait him n got him to pee on the newspaper in the morning but he still didn't poo until the afternoon. So that messed up his toilet timetable n it was harder for me to predict when he was going to do his business. Aiyoh! How?

Another thing, i have 2 dogs now. Will dogs pee n poo in the same place? Or dey each wanna have n mark their own territory wan? Coz my husband n i constructed a doggy toilet for them but they dun seem to wanna share it. Frown

makwk
Novice

Jun 28, 2007, 9:32 PM

Post #18 of 23 (3595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wibbly] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello all,

i am new in this forum, have been browsing to get some feel on what is it keeping a small dog. i am having my 2nd adopted dog (from SPCA) now after the first one passed away 2 years ago. they are both mid size dogs, i allow them to sleep indoors. i never had the problem of needing them to pee / poo in the toilet. what i did was to train them to go out to do their business and expect them not to discharge anything during the night - or else will get a big jerk on their skin on the back of their neck (i learnt this from dog training books, and it is good way of saying "you did something wrong). so far not issues.

I am considering my first toy dog now - M Schnauzer, are mini dogs able to do the same as bigger dogs? i.e. no pee/ poo during the night, pee and poo only outside the garden? I can arrange to let them out every 2 to three hours. or is it a norm that everyone train these dogs to pee in toilet?

also, just to share, one of the books i have read (long time ago) taught me to use the word "BAD!" rather than "NO!" as the scolding word, as it is more forceful. i find it very good, my two dogs are behaving well. I don't pamper them, but i love them like hell!! just don't show - exactly like those stern fathers on movies, heh...

babymiki
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #19 of 23 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makwk] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ivan,

try using tape to stick the paper on the floor. My friend does dat it worked. LOL

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

cheesie
Novice

Jul 12, 2007, 12:09 AM

Post #20 of 23 (3454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Maltese baby won't peepoo in her crate anymore, but once i let her out, she will pee everywhere and when she does so, i carry her to the paper tray, but she refuse to di it here and try to escape and do outside the tray! Though she's a baby girl, she seems to mark territory like male pups, peeing a little everywhere!

:(

Frown Yes yes yes i'm obsessed with cheese. And now Maltese. -_- Frown

http://www.cheeserland.com

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 12, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #21 of 23 (3437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cheesie] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

she doesnt do it in her crate means she sees her crate/cage as her safe haven, den. They wont dirty up the den one lah.

U just have to watch them with eagle eyes for the first few days. Catch all signs of them wanting to pee and poo and immediately take them to the desired spot lor. Sniffing around kepo-ly in a few months old to me i'll not see it as curiosity. They start to kepo sniffing around, i'll take them straight to the toilet and wait. U just have to catch their signs lor.

My big dog will go in circle before he starts to poo. But now house trained already, when it;s time for him to go pee and poo, he'll come and lick ur face if u're sleeping or come and sit right in front of u for no reason and without being called. Then u know it's time to let him go. The small one, well if indoor, he knows how to go to the toilet, and outdoor means pee and poo. Doesnt matter what time, as long as OUTDOOR means he got pee and poo.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

karenliew
Novice

Jul 24, 2007, 9:48 PM

Post #22 of 23 (3128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown well , i know the time my doggy need poo , but still cant catch the right timing she need pee . she still pee n poo at around the spot she do her business at the 1st time reach our home . i keep teaching her pee n poo on the newspaper , but she don't like even stand at the newspaper . lucky she wont beat the newspaper .
i keep her inside the gate at night time and there a tray under her gate where to keep her pee and poo . day time i'll take out the tray and put newspaper over with her pee smell , but she still refuse to get inside the tray . i teach her pee and poo in the toilet , she very scare to get in toilet (maybe she feel uncomfortable in toilet ) . Her leg keep shaking , and dint poo at all (look like she keep holding her poo) .
my doggy already 6 months and i just bough her 4 days ago . she use to stay inside gate with other doggy in her previous . is it the main reasons she feel scare get to the new environment ? her leg keep shaking all the time .

please advice ...... Unsure thx ...... !!

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Jul 25, 2007, 8:23 PM

Post #23 of 23 (3077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [karenliew] Help!!Help!!My MS Pee Poo Everyway!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked ohhh last time before u took home, got lots of siblings one is it? No wonder lah.

Aiya....u only took the pup home for like what? 4-5 days? Give it some time to explore the new home and let the pup be comfortable with the surroundings first without its playmates lah. Sure scared mahh...suddenly all alone and here u are, getting frustrated with the fella and the fella doesnt even know why. The pup is more worried about the new environment and the new faces rather than where to do its business right.

U don wan her to pee/poo all over, go get the play pen. Fenced up a area for her. Don just put her in the cage lah. Wait she fears the cage pulak. Lagi die. When she fears something, don totally drop the idea of never introducing it to her again. U gotta do it slowly with tonnes of praises and treats.

Maybe she still misses her siblings/friends. So give her time to adapt lah. In the mean time praise her kau kau when she does it right and sternly say NO when wrong. Don whack her as she is still not comfortable with the new home. So while doing all that, be prepared with a big bottle of febreeze and dettol, lots of old cloths and lots of kitchen towels to clean up all the unwanted mess.

My record, when I first got the pup, I burnt 6 rolls of kitchen towels in less than a week! But now, 6 rolls can last for about 2 weeks already.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my