Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
my GR not good with Husky. Help

captain03
Novice

Jun 26, 2007, 8:16 PM

Post #1 of 3 (8216 views)
Shortcut
my GR not good with Husky. Help Can't Post

Hi all, i've a GR abt 4 yrs old. 6mths ago i'd adopted a shitz-poo. Of cos my GR resisted initially but now he is completely
fine with her. My GR even allow her to play with his toyz and will not snatch any food or toy from her.

BUT! My partner has a husky, i really really dont know how to put the 2 together. My GR had very bad experience last time
with huskies when he was a puppy. Was bitten up 3 times by different huskies. He becomes v aggressive towards Huskies
from then.

Initially i though was just huskies, but i realise it has become any dogs except miniature. Everyday we will bring the dogs
to the park. BUT!!! whenever there are dogs walking pass, of cos its natural for them to stop n sniff. At first he wag his
tail for a few seconds. Immediately he turn n bite the dog. Whats wrong??

But right now i'm most concern of putting the husky n my GR together. My GR hates other dogs to sniff him and the husky
loves to sniff my GR. My GR is completely fine when the husky dont go near him. Please help.. =( I'm thinking to put muzzle
on both dogs.

Oh.. my GR is extremely good with small kids. Nv train him, its his natural instinct i suppose.

(This post was edited by captain03 on Jun 26, 2007, 8:32 PM)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 5, 2008, 10:52 AM

Post #2 of 3 (7910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain03] my GR not good with Husky. Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Good with kids but no good with other dogs, still NOT good at all! You will ave to bring him for training, seriously! But if this has been going on for a year now, then sorry case. You cannot change his behaviour. You'll need to desensitize him with other dogs around but don't do so if you don't know what to do. Bring him to school & fix his rotten behaviour!

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 12, 2008, 7:40 PM

Post #3 of 3 (7883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain03] my GR not good with Husky. Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Specifications of the training. Take note that it is not normal OB training that will cure your dog's problem. Check with the trainer on his experience and qualifications as a trainer. Not a trainer who went to another OB school to train their own one n only dog and claim themselves trainers. You need someone who has experience on how to correct behaviour problems not just telling out from a book and with no hands on experience.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my