benji says hi to everyone!

malauc
Novice

Jun 20, 2007, 12:51 AM

Post #1 of 23 (647 views)
Shortcut
benji says hi to everyone! Can't Post

Hi all,

My name is Genesis. I'm the proud owner of this cheeky, cunning, intelligent, cute and naughty spanador.

His name is Benji. He's mix breed of labrador and spaniel. He's been with me for about 2 weeks. He's about 7 weeks old.

With persistent training and timely scheduling, he's adapted very well to our lifestyle. He eats well, sleeps throughout the night with very minimal whinning. When I got him, he was a whinner! Benji is super manja, he craves for human contact....extremely latchy! So I've trained him and now me and my wife can sleep soundly through the nite.

When both my wife and myself are away at work, i usually turn the radio on. He seems to like it.

He's also potty trained on newspaper. All in all, benji is a good boy...except for his craving to bite anything in front of him.

He's done his vaccination and was diagnosed with a lil cough. Vet gave some antibiotics and cough pills. But he's still a heavy eater. But I always believe in underfeeding a dog just a little.

Thanks for reading and I hope to correspond with you guys sometime soon.

Genesis.

kien29
Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2007, 1:23 AM

Post #2 of 23 (640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [malauc] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Genesis... welcome welcome FrownFrown..

wonderful dog you have there.. frankly, they are simply our lovable companion.. dun you think so?.. Wink

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2007, 2:14 AM

Post #3 of 23 (638 views)
Shortcut

welcome!!

malauc
Novice

Jun 20, 2007, 4:36 PM

Post #4 of 23 (628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

yup....they are good companions, with proper training. pups are like raw material. but sometimes i too get carried away when i see their cheeky behavior.......must have strong heart!

malauc
Novice

Jun 20, 2007, 4:40 PM

Post #5 of 23 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_crystal929] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks..great lookin dog u've got

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jun 20, 2007, 6:46 PM

Post #6 of 23 (625 views)
Shortcut

hello and welcome

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

malauc
Novice

Jun 20, 2007, 10:49 PM

Post #7 of 23 (620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks...you've got a nice dog too.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jun 21, 2007, 1:25 AM

Post #8 of 23 (615 views)
Shortcut

hi thr & welcome

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jun 21, 2007, 4:12 PM

Post #9 of 23 (600 views)
Shortcut

thank you you can view more of their photos in the blogSly

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

malauc
Novice

Jun 21, 2007, 4:38 PM

Post #10 of 23 (598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks vino

romans 12:19

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 21, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #11 of 23 (597 views)
Shortcut

hi hi & welcome

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

malauc
Novice

Jun 21, 2007, 6:43 PM

Post #12 of 23 (595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks lily, u have a cute lil dog too.

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 21, 2007, 7:17 PM

Post #13 of 23 (594 views)
Shortcut

yes yes, cute and naughty!!! hehehe... but who don't want their furkid to be naughty? Naughty means active, active means healthy ma...hehehe... am i right ar? hehehe

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

loolick

Jun 21, 2007, 7:59 PM

Post #14 of 23 (591 views)
Shortcut

hey, welcome to puppy.com.my!!!

Sounds like your Benji is a super good boy!

my Rocky is just too naughty, or mayb i should give full attention to him. he just like to sits on me, and lick my face (which i dun really like). wut to do?!ahahaha.............

enjoy!!!

malauc
Novice

Jun 21, 2007, 8:15 PM

Post #15 of 23 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

yah i guess, but benji tends to demonstrate his naughtiness in many different ways. for example...

coz he stays in his own room. i have an opened cage for him to sleep in with his beloved bed. i've potty trained on some patch of newspapers on the floor in the room. i have a window above, so i'll climb up and peep over the window to see what he's doing...without him knowing of course.

but one day when i peeped over, there he was facing the window. as if he was waiting for me. he didnt make a noise, but kept staring at me!

benji is a very quick learner. i guess it's more of him being inquisitive than naughty!

malauc
Novice

Jun 21, 2007, 8:23 PM

Post #16 of 23 (589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [loolick] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi..

i think benji learns very fast. it's easier to train him.

yup, benji used to love biting and chewing on my feet quite sometime ago. until it became too aggresive, i had to stop it. my mistake for allowing him to do it in the first place!!

what i'd do is just after he commits the "crime", catch him and hold him up in front of you. with a deep loud voice (as deep u can go.... :)) say "NO". make sure u do it immediately after he has committed the crime. and be consistent, also anyone else staying with you must do the same.

cheers!

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2007, 8:33 PM

Post #17 of 23 (576 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the compliment!

ok.. allow me to introduce my puppy here, she is Roxy, alaskan malamute, 4.5 mths. i have another male dog,named Johnny, mixed breed. (just dont understand why people always called him "mountain dog", what a funny name..)

I like large breed dogs, am planning to keep many many dogs when i move back to kangar..and you? benji is your 1st pet? Smile

malauc
Novice

Jun 26, 2007, 12:09 AM

Post #18 of 23 (564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_crystal929] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

i had 2 spitzs when i was much younger. one died by accident, and the other was given away.

so benji is now my 3rd dog.

where are u staying right now?

shirleysu
Novice

Jun 26, 2007, 1:01 AM

Post #19 of 23 (563 views)
Shortcut

My 5mths old golden will bark EVERY MORNING at 5+am. You mentioned that you managed to train Benji and now u and ur wife can sleep till the next morning. How did u train Benji? Must do something to this ASAP...

malauc
Novice

Jun 26, 2007, 8:45 PM

Post #20 of 23 (553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirleysu] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi shirley,

i had to develop a schedule that is both practical and consistently feasible for both me and my wife.

everyday around 10pm, i take benji out from his room to the hall area where i'd run with him and tire him out as much as possible. he's been toilet trained so when nature calls, he'll make a beeline to the loo.

then at about 11pm, just before he sleeps, i'd feed him. no playing after this as not to disrupt his digestion.

i'd put him in his room, he'd usually fall asleep about 5 minutes later. he'd wake up like 3 hours later, play a lil with some toys i've fabricated for him, and shortly after he'd sleep again. this lasts until my wife greets him, sayang him a lil and feeds him at about 8:30am.

in the early stages of housebreaking, he'd whine and bark a lot when i leave the room. then i'd go to the room window and say "QUIET" with a stern, low voice. persistence paid off when after 3 nights, he'd get the idea that you are not leaving him and whinning/barking started to lessen.

now when i leave the room, all i have to do is look at him through the window and he'd be quiet throughout the nite.

develop a schedule that both you and your pup can consistently maintain. remember never let him out when he whines. greet him only when he's not barking.

shirleysu
Novice

Jun 26, 2007, 9:10 PM

Post #21 of 23 (552 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the detail explanation on how to train them not to bark in the morning. hmm wut worries me is ur last sentence --> we use to let him out from his crate when he bark. so i guess he would have had the idea that once he barks, he can go out and play. my dog really barks non-stop wor.. how to leave him barking like that? hoping the neighbourhood wont complain

malauc
Novice

Jun 27, 2007, 4:59 PM

Post #22 of 23 (545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shirleysu] benji says hi to everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi....sorry 4 the late reply.

u'll need to retrain him. retraining a dog takes twice amount of time to train. so plenty of patience!!

first u'll need to untrain him that whenever he barks, he's not going outside. try this....

while he is barking, stand outside his crate. dont let him out. pretend to ignore him. do something, like read a book, etc in front of him, but no eye contact, no touching (u might want to listen to some radio with earphones). keep a distance from him. he'll be barking. then about 15 minutes later leave the area. come back again when about 15 minutes later. repeat this process. he'll get the idea that barking doesnt bring him any attention.

only let him out of the crate when he stops barking.

shirleysu
Novice

Jun 28, 2007, 7:24 PM

Post #23 of 23 (540 views)
Shortcut

TQ for the advise. We will try this approach! But not in the early morning. Will try that in the evening when we're back from work. Normally once he heard our car alarm (locking the door) he will start to bark oledi. And wut we normally do is rush to his crate and let him out. so today onwards, we're going to walk infront of him... dun look at him... and wait.. until when he stops barking (wonder if he will) then will let him out.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my