Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
Need advice: Street dog attack!

kentoshi
Novice

Jun 21, 2007, 1:32 AM

Post #1 of 6 (14129 views)
Shortcut
Need advice: Street dog attack! Can't Post

Last Sunday, my friend brought his dog out for a walk. Unfortunately, his dog fought with the neighbour’s street dog in loose chain. It has caused his pet Shih Tzu suffering from proptosis, eye pop-out from socket because of dog fight.

I just discharged my friend’s pet Shih Tzu from hospital. The Shih Tzu is ok now but has lost one eye. It was really a sad and unacceptable fate for us. It was not the first time the street dog was being released with chain on his neck and venture around the place for trash and etc. It also been said that few cases occurred that the street dog chasing kids around the area and the kids get hurt!

I am so concern and worry about the irresponsible owner of the dog as the problems came after he moved into the area few months ago. I have never spoken to them yet as I afraid it will caused more conflict and problem if it does not work out. I worried the incident will happen again because it is still a threat for two of my dogs.

Please advice
Attachments: eye.jpg (7.20 KB)

Cao de Fila
Novice

Aug 22, 2007, 5:14 PM

Post #2 of 6 (12788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kentoshi] Need advice: Street dog attack! [In reply to] Can't Post

i would advise u to lodge a report at the police station and also the town council. show them photo of the injured dog and also provide details of the said neighbour and dog. u wont want another incident to happen to u or your dogs.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Sep 23, 2007, 4:50 PM

Post #3 of 6 (12139 views)
Shortcut

Unfortunately the minute you confront him without evidence, the first thing in a man's mind is denial or venom up. He can and will try everything in the book to make it sound like you're busybody, especially if he knows he is the baddie..

Best thing I think is to bring the evidence. Just say simple hello and open up with general topic. Slowly move the conversation about dogs and show him the unlucky dog. You don't have to tell him YOU were the one to get the evidence.

Use you best discretion and be assertive!
Dog behaviorist.

vckloong
Novice

Apr 27, 2008, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 6 (11335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] Need advice: Street dog attack! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Dog behavioural problems are sometimes worrisome.

If you guys need an expert or consultant's advice from the United States you can visit www.dogtrainster.com.

They have pretty good information there as well as certified consultants there to help you out.

Vincent
www.dogtrainster.com - Ultimate Resource and Tips for Dog Training
www.dogtrainster.com - Ultimate Resource and Tips for Dog Training

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 29, 2008, 4:45 AM

Post #5 of 6 (11284 views)
Shortcut

Hi, my two cents worth, report to police saying the dogs threatened you when you walk pass (without your dog) then you will get some sort of reponse, however if you say a dog fight you will be going around in circle and nothing will get done. Do get your dog license just in case he pulls this one you.

Veanne
K9 Maniac

May 6, 2008, 4:36 AM

Post #6 of 6 (10879 views)
Shortcut

hmm... i have been attack by dogS too... so scare.... Unsure those dogs got owners.....Unsure the owner just leave them at the park... and then collect them back at night... trying to look for the owner but still failed to locate them...

haih... today is the third day been attack by dogs... once they see my shiro... they bark so fierce... and run towards us... like want to eat my shiro... i was so scare... i just grab my shiro and scream at those dogs... actually i scream VERY VERY loud... they will back off when heard my voice screaming...Pirate until now got sore throat already...Unimpressed all the neighbour just look at me... haih so paiseh... i damn sacred man... Unsure my legs are shaking... my whole body are shaking...Unsure

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on May 6, 2008, 4:37 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my