Please advice: Street dog attacks!

kentoshi
Novice

Jun 20, 2007, 11:03 PM

Post #1 of 12 (4814 views)
Shortcut
Please advice: Street dog attacks! Can't Post

Dear All,

Last Sunday, my friend brought his dog out for a walk. Unfortunately, his dog fought with the neighbour’s street dog in loose chain. It has caused his pet Shih Tzu suffering from proptosis, eye pop-out from socket because of dog fight.
I just discharged my friend’s pet Shih Tzu from hospital. The Shih Tzu is ok now but has lost one eye. It was really a sad and unacceptable fate for us. It was not the first time the street dog was being released with chain on his neck and venture around the place for trash and etc. It also been said that few cases occurred that the street dog chasing kids around the area and the kids get hurt!
I am so concern and worry about the irresponsible owner of the dog as the problems came after he moved into the area few months ago. I have never spoken to them yet as I afraid it will caused more conflict and problem if it does not work out. I worried the incident will happen again because it is still a threat for two of my dogs.

Please advice...
Attachments: eye.jpg (7.20 KB)

supermutts
K9 Senior

Jun 20, 2007, 11:58 PM

Post #2 of 12 (4808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kentoshi] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

so so sorry to hear that.

i hope dog owners will be extra alert when walking their dogs.
dun look else where or chatting with other ppl etc, look around
be aware all the time, n' carry a long stick to whack other dogs!

if the dog ambush the shih tzu, really sorry to hear tht,
but if ur fren din immediately carry the small shih tzu but still try
to pull it away frm the other bigger dog, then its a mistake.

as for those irresponsible owners.... not much could b done,

which housing area is this??

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 22, 2007, 3:36 AM

Post #3 of 12 (4792 views)
Shortcut

I am sorry to hear about your friend's Shit Tsu. Really poor thing. No dog should have to go through that.

Are you talking about OUG area? The reason I ask is because I myself have seen a street dog with chains still on roaming the area. I live in OUG and I drive by the house with the street dog everyday. I am not sure if it is the same dog though.

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 22, 2007, 3:50 AM

Post #4 of 12 (4789 views)
Shortcut

Oh ....This is real sad... And it is really heart sickening to see that photoUnsure..... Honestly, I dropped my tears seeing the photo...

Have you reported to any parties? I'm not sure which to report (sorry), but for sure there is someone who can take charge of such cases.

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

kentoshi
Novice

Jun 22, 2007, 10:22 PM

Post #5 of 12 (4759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

We were in Taman Sri Subang (opposite Sunway Pyramid).
In fact, my friend was walking out with two dogs. One puppy toy poddle and the unfortunate Shih Tzu. I also blame him for not grabbing the emotionally provoked Shih Tzu! But it was just happened too fast in few seconds! The leash has loosen.
I have checked in the Internet, this is not a new case, normally it will happen to Shih Tzu, Pug, Pekingese and also cats. Because their eye structure. Be careful.

wowow
Novice

Oct 16, 2007, 5:23 PM

Post #6 of 12 (4603 views)
Shortcut
Re: Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

HI everyone,

juz want to let every dog lover know , pls beware when u and yr dog walk ard Putra Height 's park.last sunday , i bring pupu (my poodle) go to the park nearby my house , usually when i reach the park i release my dog , n let her run but pupu were stay ard with us , would not go to far from us.suddenly one dog (not sure the breeds looks like mix ) run after pupu , my dog juz a puppy she was so scared and run coz that crazy dog juz keep chasing her .... they run so fast until we can't stop them , n i heard pupu cry juz like ask for help ..... i felt so sad ... finally i get her n carry her ... then the crazy dog stop and starred at us.... n that is not a street dog , is with the owner .... and i'm very angry abt the dog owner .. not even apologize to us n after this dun tied up the dog n still let the crazy dog run all over the park....

i'm felt very happy that pupu is safe finally , but i thk that should let everyone know abt it .

tpsing
Dog Kichi

Oct 16, 2007, 6:03 PM

Post #7 of 12 (4598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wowow] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

A responsible dog owner should always put their dog on leash when they out of their house and in public area.

madmoz

Oct 16, 2007, 6:51 PM

Post #8 of 12 (4595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tpsing] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well said.

frans81
Novice

Dec 21, 2007, 9:26 PM

Post #9 of 12 (4485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [madmoz] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

what kind of owner oh??? nvr think for other ppl?? What if one day the dog bite and cos death to someone??

if i m your friend, i will sure add rat poison to some treat and settle the dog once and for all.. until feel the pain, some dog owner just wun learn the lesson...

madmoz

Dec 26, 2007, 8:44 PM

Post #10 of 12 (4455 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frans81] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

and you call yourself a dog lover? where's that 'report' button when you need it?

(This post was edited by madmoz on Dec 26, 2007, 8:44 PM)

lilfunky
Canine Addict

Dec 27, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #11 of 12 (4438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frans81] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think this world no longer need u anymore frans. speechless to see u type like this and u calling urself as a doglover. u are just a pedigreelover.
s p e e c h l e s s
Love them, they will love you
They Don't Talk Don't Meant They Wrong.

voyagerlim2001
Novice

Dec 28, 2007, 2:46 AM

Post #12 of 12 (4426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilfunky] Please advice: Street dog attacks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Poison the dog is not a solution. It is the irreponsible owner who should be taught a lesson. If you really wanna poison, poison that stupid owner.

When bringing the dog out, whoever you are, whatever dog you have or what kind of characteristics that your dog have, we all must leash our dog. This is written on the rules and regs when you register your dog a dog license.

I can say 100% of the time that the dog misbehave is the owner's fault. Because it is the owner who failed to educate their dogs.

We're approaching year 2008 already. This is an age of more civilized and educated people. Unlike our previous generations, most dog owner doesn't even treat their dogs as living beings.

Therefore, it is the owner who needs to be educated, and then we educate the dog.

I felt your anger too, Frans. In my housing area its FULL of this kind of f***ed up neighbours, but i dont blame their dogs, i blame only them. It is the humans who should be brought to justice. Whack them first!! Not the dog.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

Please visit my website at http://voyagerlim2001.multiply.com/

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my