Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Licking Problem!!!

zhung

Jun 7, 2007, 7:52 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Licking Problem!!! Can't Post

Hi all,

I have some problem here, my doggie she like to lick her paws & legs. Is it she have a skin problem? but I cannot find any infection. when she sit down nothing to do, then she start lick her paws. Anyone have experinced to give some advise.

goofydip
Veteran

Jun 7, 2007, 8:13 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zhung] Licking Problem!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi zhung...I have the same 'problem'.. I'm not sure whether this is a problem or not so I didn't do or ask anything bout it lo..

Hope to get advice together with you here..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

cheekai
Novice

Jun 11, 2007, 4:29 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2442 views)
Shortcut

Hi ,zhung. I have same problem as well. I found Gordon biting ,scratching and licking himself recently, and its always at the same spot. He scratches until it bleeds, I brought him to vet, but there nothing, no ticks etc...i am not sure is it habitual or not? Sometime so frustrated mandi him nice nice then he get himself whole body saliva...

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Jun 11, 2007, 6:15 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2439 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi all,

I have some problem here, my doggie she like to lick her paws & legs. Is it she have a skin problem? but I cannot find any infection. when she sit down nothing to do, then she start lick her paws. Anyone have experinced to give some advise.

4 things maybe:-

1) Allergy to food/treat. Corn and wheat in dog food often give pups allergy.
2) '' to pollen, dust, trees or plants around the yard.
3) '' to her bed, wool, fabric softner, carpets and material inside the house.
4) Boredom/Habit.

A simple litmus test can determine if your dog allergic by looking inside her ears. I know it sounds silly but if the inside of her ears are rather reddish, sticky and not the normal pink she has an allergy to something. ....

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

(This post was edited by Lady Eloise on Jun 11, 2007, 6:17 PM)

YanYan
Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2429 views)
Shortcut

I agreed with what Lady Eloise had mentioned earlier on. Chewing/licking the paws or scratching everywhere on the body shows that the dogs can be allergies to just about anything. Even can be allergic to their plastic food bowl or to the food you feed.

zhung

Jun 15, 2007, 7:11 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] Licking Problem!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think she might be too bored, need someone to accompany, that manja fellow.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my