Need Advise - Snoop Need a place to stay

keejeng
New User

May 29, 2007, 2:01 AM

Post #1 of 4 (690 views)
Shortcut
Need Advise - Snoop Need a place to stay Can't Post

All dog lovers,

My name is Kee Jeng. I work in one of the MNCs. I am a dog lover. Snoopy has been with me for 14 years. Yes, an old dog. Basset Hound mixed with mainly white and tan color (yes, wierd). He has short legs, long ears, and weight around 40 pounds now. I brought him back from USA when he was 2 years old. Since young he has been staying with me in USA, Melacca, and PJ. Since last week, I have been sheltering him into the Animal Polyclinic in old Klang road.

Since he was 2 weeks old, he has been staying with me for 11 years. For the past 11 years, I walk him almost every day and provided him an indoor environment for his growth. 3 years ago, I got married. I moved into a condo (couldn't really afford a house) and I am forced to find a new home for him. My parents are old and will not be able to take care of him.

Luckily, I have a high school friend who has Snoopy's brother and also moved his family with 2 kids from USA back to Malaysia. Snoop gets to stay with them. 1 year back, his brother passed away because he ate something wrong and poison to death. Snoopy is alone then until now. As he is getting older, his has little or don't want to control his pu and pee. He is doing his business inside the house and step over it and make the whole house a mess every time the family is not in. Until recently, the maid left the family and they have no plans to rehire. My friend's wife would have to take care of the mess. It is too much and I totally understand it is not her responsibility to continue to take care of the mess on top of the 2 very young kids at home.

As of Friday, as a temporary solution, I am sheltering him into the Animal Polyclinic @ old Klang road. I tried to find solutions so far and I couldn't manage one until now. He is inside a cage now. I visited him once and I almost tear.

I am wondering if PAWS will allow Snoopy to be part of your family as I am imagining you will have better space for him to walk around compare to a cage. I am more than willing to make donations and be a volunteer for PAWS activities.

Call me a bad, irresponsible owner and curse me. Can someone suggest me a solution?

yeee
Canine Addict

May 29, 2007, 3:02 AM

Post #2 of 4 (684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keejeng] Need Advise - Snoop Need a place to stay [In reply to] Can't Post

Keejeng,

I'm not sure but I guess PAWS won't be able to take care of your pet since he needs so much cares and attentions.I'm afraid they will have to put him down if you send him there. Cage him in the animal shelther, might as well cage him in your condo. At least he is with you. To me no matter how I will stay with my dear baby.

keejeng
New User

May 29, 2007, 7:10 AM

Post #3 of 4 (675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Need Advise - Snoop Need a place to stay [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeee,

Thanks for your reply. My condo does not allow pets. I tried it once and with just 1 bark from Snoop. It will attract more than enough attention to bring the security guard to my door step.

Keejeng

Cynhor
Enthusiast

May 29, 2007, 5:03 PM

Post #4 of 4 (674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keejeng] Need Advise - Snoop Need a place to stay [In reply to] Can't Post

You may want to try the animal sanctuary in Kuala Selangor, or the one in Johor (noah's ark). Do give PAWS office a call to ask for the number. I remember seeing the contact details there. These places is definately more dog friendly than most dog boarding facilities.

Cyn

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my