Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Cuka Boy

quincy1802
Novice

May 14, 2007, 8:35 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Cuka Boy Can't Post

my bf just bought a new poodle at 3th may 2007 and we named her as monie, our new girl girl!

but this week my bf will be working at malacca, so i gonna take care both of them (coz monie stay with him and cash stay with me) and i notice that my boy become very cuka (jealous) with monie Crazy

when monie wanna come close to me (u know lah, girls normally very manja), he will bark at her (will sometime curi-curi hentam her) Pirate when i scold cash, the more worse he will treat monie! Crazy

when i'm hugging monie, he will jump and scratch my leg and even bite me! (till bleed) but if i hug, play or feed him before monie, he will be alrite and will play with monie nicely, if not , sure the pity girl will kena attack, haih .... really an attitude and cuka (jealousy) boy

can anyone there teach me wat should i do ? so that cash can change his attitude?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

May 14, 2007, 9:34 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quincy1802] Cuka Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

everytime u intro a new doggie into the family, best is to intor on neutral ground, regardless of the existin doggies' sex, age & hierrarchy order...this way, a more neutral ground is less likely for em to show aggresiveness

ezekiel 25:17

quincy1802
Novice

May 16, 2007, 6:10 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Cuka Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

yup, i've done all of that, but cash still the same, last 2 days, he even attack me when i hug monie, until i kena go clinic for injection!!!!!!!!! coz he bite me till got few holes on my leg and doctor say better have an injection.

and last nite, monie's turn to attack me when i hug cash, now both of my leg have bandage

someone please help me.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

May 16, 2007, 6:19 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2365 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
my bf just bought a new poodle at 3th may 2007 and we named her as monie, our new girl girl!

but this week my bf will be working at malacca, so i gonna take care both of them (coz monie stay with him and cash stay with me) and i notice that my boy become very cuka (jealous) with monie Crazy

when monie wanna come close to me (u know lah, girls normally very manja), he will bark at her (will sometime curi-curi hentam her) Pirate when i scold cash, the more worse he will treat monie! Crazy

when i'm hugging monie, he will jump and scratch my leg and even bite me! (till bleed) but if i hug, play or feed him before monie, he will be alrite and will play with monie nicely, if not , sure the pity girl will kena attack, haih .... really an attitude and cuka (jealousy) boy

can anyone there teach me wat should i do ? so that cash can change his attitude?

Dogs live in a pack and your first dog is probably worried about his/her hierarchy within your family pack.

Make sure to rub/give attention to your dog first especially when you wake up from bed, feed your dog first, in order to establish hierarchy then the small one. Make sure though you are always the boss follow by your dog and the new puppy last when your bf not around. Never give one of them more warning than the other. If the small one is bad, you have to stop and say NO. If your dog is acting badly, he too will get warning.

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

quincy1802
Novice

May 16, 2007, 6:39 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] Cuka Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

i have done all the advise u guys give me, but now both of my leg got bandage

or i should separate them? or send for ppl to train?

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

May 17, 2007, 8:48 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2353 views)
Shortcut

Oh my goodness,

From now on dont let them play together without your supervision. Are you willing to try to muzzle one of them? I think the problematic is the older one.

If you are afraid to get beaten and snapped again, dont stop them while they are fighting. There is no point because they are in the 'attacking' moods. You have to redirect their state of mind while one of them approaching each other or start to bother each other. Give stern NO and ask the older one to sit and stay position. Carry the smaller one and slowly put down near by. If the older one again try to approach, stop him right there. Or just crate the smaller one.

Kind of hard to explain here. Professional dog trainer will rehabilitate their state of mind. Both dogs are trying to set the hierachy.

Frown
Dog behaviorist.

quincy1802
Novice

May 18, 2007, 7:16 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2336 views)
Shortcut

i try to crate the eldest one, but he will jump and scratching inside, and bark at the smallest one. Shocked

but if i crate the smallest one, he will action and go to the crate, goyang goyang show off tat he is outside to the smallest one, haih

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 22, 2007, 1:41 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2319 views)
Shortcut

i think ur 2 rascal juz had too much energy...

try exercising them more often....then they will not had d excessive energy to engage in unnecessary fight...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my