Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Anyone plz help?

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 27, 2007, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 16 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Anyone plz help? Can't Post

i've just discovered these rashes on goofy and he is in excessive scratching now...Frown the most serious part is on his armpit, other than that, there's alot small small rashes all over his tummy..i dunno wat to do in this late of time, there'll be no vet around somemore here in cameron highlands..Frowni've just used warm water to wipe him all over his body and put on some tea tree cream on those rashes..other than this, i reli dunno wat more i could do..anyone seen this b4? anyone could give any advice???Frown

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice
Attachments: DSC00372.JPG (29.4 KB)
  DSC00375.JPG (30.9 KB)
  DSC00376.JPG (28.5 KB)
  DSC00374.JPG (27.3 KB)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 27, 2007, 4:27 PM

Post #2 of 16 (1974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Anyone plz help? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lily,

how's goofy now? any better or still the same?

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2007, 5:16 PM

Post #3 of 16 (1973 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lily,

Nana develop rashes / red spots not too long ago also..hers was kinda reddish at first then a layer of dry skin appears. It was around her armpit area mostly and near her wee wee there also and some on her legs..i didnt go see VET specifically for that matter but when i bring Nana for 3rd jab, we just ask for Doctor's advise, he said maybe some kind of food allergic or we didnt rinsed Nana thoroughly when we last shower her cos it was our 1st time using conditioner on her..so we just let her be and once the dry skin apperaed, i use comb to remove it nia..

Oh btw, i tried using baby oil ( instead of tea tree oil cos i don't have one ) on Nana also but she keep biting those armpit areas and wont sit still when i apply on her so i gave up putting those baby oils on her..

Anyways u monitor her and see if it develops into something else or bleeding or not then better bring her to the VET for checkup..

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 27, 2007, 5:46 PM

Post #4 of 16 (1972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh, jessicaohh] Anyone plz help? [In reply to] Can't Post

jessica, Goofy's still the same..the rashes is still there..

jessyca, is nana's red spot so much like goofy? goofy's rashes doesn't have dry skin like wat u said...but maybe i'm over worried too..maybe it really due to something allergy lo...but seeing those rashes made me itchy too la..Crazy when i apply the tea tree cream, goofy would guai guai stay there for me...

dunno yet...i really dunno whether i should turn to the vet as i'm working now..if really had to turn to the vet, i have to ask someone to collect goofy and help me to bring to the vet, somemore the vet here is those government klinik haiwan located in tanah rata...aiyoh...the reason i stay a bit calm now is bcoz i see that goofy is still very active...although he did scratch A LOT!!!! but he still play like usual, running up and down, here and there...just that he would suddenly brake himself and scratch, then run again!!!

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2007, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 16 (1968 views)
Shortcut

Based on your pics, Nana dont have the rashes like the 1st pic, more like the last 3 pics..she was also like scratching most of the time n biting her itchy armpit area..it took her a long time for those area to heal for now she has like brown scars on those area..no more developing new rashes already. Actually my colleague mixed Bischon n Poodle also has those rashes, she brought her puppy to the VET for 1 jab n a medicated shampoo n it helped to heal her puppy..guess its kinda normal lor..

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 27, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #6 of 16 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessyca_loh] Anyone plz help? [In reply to] Can't Post

would u think ok if i just leave the rashes recover itself...bcoz base on wat i got feedback, he might really only allergy to something...so just let him has his time to recover rather than go to the vet and receive medication which i don't quite prefer too much medication on him..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Apr 27, 2007, 11:13 PM

Post #7 of 16 (1959 views)
Shortcut

Hmm maybe u can rethink back any new food stuffs u have given Goofy these few days that may allow him to develop the rashes or not..and at the same time monitor the rashes..u may want to consider if next week the VET would be open on 1 and 2 May or not cos of the public holiday..

Guess sometimes they may have accidentally ate a bug or grass that causes these reactions also hor..cos Nana seems to like eating insects and whenever she walks in the garden, she will chew on dry leaves..

Anyway hopes that Goofy gets better, do update on his condition yah.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2007, 2:15 AM

Post #8 of 16 (1957 views)
Shortcut

sorry....cant check the msg for the whole day coz was very busy.

i think u follow your heart coz u know the situation most...if u feel that the situation requires vet's attention, then u might wan to bring him to see soon (taking into account that most vets will be closed next week due to PH).

but if u think that it's ok, then i believe it'l be fine...good thing that goofy is still very active...like u said, perhaps he'l recover soon once he got over with the allergy...

GET WELL SOON YA GOOFY

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Apr 28, 2007, 7:00 PM

Post #9 of 16 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Anyone plz help? [In reply to] Can't Post

He developed more and more rashes...so my brother helped me to drive Goofy down to Ipoh to the vet since i couldn't leave my work. I called the vet after they returned home b'coz my brother don't really understand what the vet is meaning about those rashes. The vet said there are 2 reasons why he's getting all these. Goofy might accidentally consumed rat poison (those poison to kill rats)Shocked..Or he might have lack of vitamin K. I was so shock and said that we don't have rats at home, so it is impossible for him to consume the poison. But the vet said, he might have consumed it thru other small animals, example, he might bite a cockroache which had consumed the poison. So, that's the reason, b'coz he love to crunch cockroaches once he got one!!!!Crazy
As for the rashes, it is actually internal bleeding under goofy's skin. So, the vet told me to be very becareful of him not to get hurt for this time being, b'coz once got hurt, goofy might turn to non stop bleeding!!! The vet gave 3 packets of pills for one week. he should finish this and see the result later. The vet also told me to give him more protein food, b'coz he's lacking of protein due to this matter too.

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 1, 2007, 7:40 PM

Post #10 of 16 (1926 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lily,

How's goofy doing ? Getting better with the medication ?

goofydip
Veteran

May 3, 2007, 6:55 PM

Post #11 of 16 (1904 views)
Shortcut

hi jessyca..

yes...goofy is recovering with those rashes. There's only a spot more on his armpit that hasn't gone but is reducing day by day lo..

thanks so much for ur concern..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 4, 2007, 5:03 PM

Post #12 of 16 (1897 views)
Shortcut

That's good to know. It's always a scare when our furkid has rashes, vomit, diarrhea...etc etc..recently Nana vomitted once, scare me only. No one saw her did that, we found a pool of vomit in the kitchen area...think she may have ran and jump around too much that causes her tummy to bloat and vomit..Nana's rashes also mostly healed di but once in a while, she will develop new ones under her armpit area...

How about the internal bleeding spot area ? Are those getting better as well ? Ru getting any supplements to feed Goofy Vit K ??

goofydip
Veteran

May 4, 2007, 7:57 PM

Post #13 of 16 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Yes..really scared anything happened to our furkids, somemore to 1st time furkid owner like me. I always need to get advice from more experienced ppl. Anything happened, I'll asked around very much...

About Nana's rashes, didn 't u bring her to the vet? I heard that food also does the matter. What food you give her? Some furkids can't accept high protein food and this will lead to rashes or skin problem. But hope she's getttng better lo...

As for Goofy, I didn't give any supplement, coz he just finish his medication. I haven't return to the vet to ask him more details bcoz that day it was my brother that send Goofy to the vet. I think I'll go to the vet tommorow to ask him into more details lo..

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2007, 7:21 PM

Post #14 of 16 (1878 views)
Shortcut

Erm Im feeding Nana NutriEdge Lamb n Rice..her rashes not that many di..plus she dun have any other symptoms like vomit or diarrhea so didnt bring her to VET..

I also will pray for Goofy to get well soon..Smile

kennei1
Novice

May 10, 2007, 9:52 PM

Post #15 of 16 (1805 views)
Shortcut

hi there, i hope goofy is doing well now. My bubu has rashes too all over her armpit & belly. Two big spots on her left belly & chin. I read somewhere in the net saying petroluem jelly can be good for rashes. So, i bought one from Guardian which only costs me RM3.50. Surprisingly, there were gone the next two days. I guess it works. The only worry is when u over applied to ur furkid, the skin will get sticky due to the wax. Lots of cleaning works to do at home lor...u know the fur sticks to everywhere.

goofydip
Veteran

May 11, 2007, 12:40 AM

Post #16 of 16 (1799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennei1] Anyone plz help? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh thanks for your info, friend...

Actually Goofy's rashes at that time of my 1st posting onto this thread has recovered. It is due to lack of vitamin K. This thing has gone now, but the other has come. Make me so headache la, this boy, one by one come and kacau him, sakit hati to see la.. now got lots of rashes on his belly..This kind of rashes is not the one which attacked him last few weeks.. Bcoz the vet did teach me to do small test on his skin. This time I think really those small allergy rashes lo,..I think I should try the petroleum jelly u mentioned. Actually this petroleum jelly really is a good thing. I had one in my home, I use it as lip balm, as cream to soften rough skin, and indeed I put it in my 1st Aid Kid. And now only I know, I can use it on Goofy rashes!!

Thanks again for you info, friend

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my