Beagle Owners Corner

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 16, 2007, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 133 (19056 views)
Shortcut
Beagle Owners Corner Can't Post

Hello all beagle owners....why so quiet these days. Let's start a new thread since the hottest topic "beagle owners in Penang" could not refresh with the latest thread.

Surprisingly for me..Whoopy is now very obedient as a beagle. Our gate wide open also dared not run out any more. Hahaha...whenever my hubby is coming out from the house, she will automatically go inside her cage and sit. She is very routine, at night around 9-10pm, we just need to mention "good nite", she will go inside her cage and sleep.

Whoopy is a super cowardly dog. Putting a hamster on her head/back, and she will not dare to move at all. Really funny...

tuckfook

Apr 17, 2007, 9:07 PM

Post #2 of 133 (19035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Some of the beagles I am trying to use for hunting are also very "chicken" but it is good as the they will not get hurt by the wild boars.

Any news on the Beagle with the skin problem, posted by Sharon..?

I'm sure you are happy now that your beagle has gotten over the mischeivious period. All owners have to live through it.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2007, 9:01 PM

Post #3 of 133 (19019 views)
Shortcut

Hi there. . !

Now only I noticed this new thread. Its better.

This is Whiskey photo taken during CNY in Sitiawan. Now he lost 2kg weight which makes him 14kg - just nice for his bone structure.

To us , Whiskey has been an obedient dog - not by nature but because he was being train by us at very young age. He's good at tricks like roll-over, playdead, hand, touch door/cupboard, stand on 2 hind legs and circle.

Nowadays our neighbour has another female beagle call Taylor. Whenever she comes Whiskey will go crazy and produce some sound... which seems excited! But, very sad that all the time he would want to hump her which make her very scared. But she likes whiskey too.

One day, I told Whiskey that Taylor is here and he got excited and quickly run to the door and look. When he sees that she's not there he produces some sound ...sad sound... 2 of my sisters were around and they were shock to see his reaction... we cannot help but just laugh at him. Whiskey didnt want to leave the door and kept sitting there to look outside and i;ve to distract his attention by giving him something to eat. While walking to the kitchen with me to get some food for him his head kept turn to the back to see if Taylor is here. Anyway, after that he forgotten and my sister dare not mention "taylor" in case he goes crazy again !

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2007, 9:08 PM

Post #4 of 133 (19016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi..

ya i wonder too how's that dog.. the skin prob looks really bad..

Hope now is better.

GSlover - see you and yours dogs on 13th May .. what time u'll be going ?

Malice, TIMO - u guys wanna meet there? Bandar Utama park 13th May having a dog event by Pet n You.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 19, 2007, 9:56 PM

Post #5 of 133 (19013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Now Whiskey looks very handsome with his trim figure! No longer basset hound look.

Whoopy is only 10.85kg. Lately here fur very soft and shiny. I do not know why?? Never before. Her fur used to be shiny but rough texture. Now feels like a puppy texture. I did remember the last kibbies brand I gave was ProPlan and shampoo change to soap type.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2007, 10:21 PM

Post #6 of 133 (19011 views)
Shortcut

hahaha... no more basset hound look.. so notti ah u ... ! hahaha Sly

eh I also wor... lately also feel Whiskey fur shinnier and softer.. b4 that quite alright also la..

the food change to avoderm.. he didnt really like it thats why thinner but fur better than b4..

and also.. shampoo change to All System ..

whoopy now stay outside i would assume her fur should be rougher as expose to heat and more dirt..

if can maintain that is good lor..

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 19, 2007, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 133 (19010 views)
Shortcut

Wah...All Systems shampoo for Whiskey? He is fortunate to be one a only dog at your home. I only use a cheap soap bar cost only less than RM4.00 for both Yuki & Whoopy. Short fur ma....not need high maintainence. But hor...Golden get to use expensive shampoo, because his fur not shiny and soft yet.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2007, 10:52 PM

Post #8 of 133 (19009 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha ya man... he's fortunate in a way....

actually u r right he got short fur so actually no need such expensive shampoo... but we very sayang him so... just give him the best we can for now.. hahaha...

also bcos we also calculated that actually that shampoo may look expensive but can use multiply to many times which is about the same with normal shampoo price in the market. Thats why buy it lor.

noname

Apr 23, 2007, 7:56 PM

Post #9 of 133 (18982 views)
Shortcut

actually when you calculate it and divide into number of times, actually is almost the same or cheaper. coz these shampoo can be dilluted with water... so can use longer.

so far, we are quite happy with the shampoo. nice smell and the fur is smooth. kinda like it...

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 24, 2007, 5:04 AM

Post #10 of 133 (18975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noname] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time your enquired about the home boarding service, could you give me the contact for Cheras & Subang?

Next week I may need to put my Whoopy on boarding for 3 days. My sister can only take care of Golden. Whoopy is too naughty, none of my sisters can manage her. I do not want to put her in petshop boarding, they will confined her inside the cage, for sure she will bark until roof rumbling down.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 28, 2007, 12:06 AM

Post #11 of 133 (18959 views)
Shortcut

hey now only i c your msg la.. so did you manage to contact derrick ?

When are you gonna be away ?

I c whether steven and I can help u or not with Whoopy.

Emailed you but no reply.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Apr 30, 2007, 8:26 AM

Post #12 of 133 (18941 views)
Shortcut

Last 4 days Whoopy had eye infection on 1 of its eyes. Brought her to vet, gave eye drop, next day my maid also kena eye infection.

Now Whoopy's eye not so sore, but got one layer opaque color on its cornea, quickly brought to vet and check again, luckly is not cataract.

But just wonder how come eye infection could cause her cornea developed one layer opaque color. The vet also did not explain, just gave me another medication. So...need to continue apply for once a day.

Poor Whoopy....hopefully she won't be blind.

wan
K9 Maniac

Apr 30, 2007, 9:40 PM

Post #13 of 133 (18937 views)
Shortcut

oh.. poor whoopy la..

so u think she can see with that eye now ?

hope she will get well soon la...

Enjoy your holiday...

GSlover
Canine Addict

May 5, 2007, 8:12 AM

Post #14 of 133 (18900 views)
Shortcut

Thank God Whoopy's eye had fully recovered.

Recently I gave Whoopy the sheep skin we bought from Australia long time ago as bed in her cage. She loves it so much, and treasure it. No other dogs are allowed to go near her cage. I saw her lazy around on her sheep skin bed most of the time. Very cute lah....

Next time will show you her picture on her bed.

wan
K9 Maniac

May 5, 2007, 7:34 PM

Post #15 of 133 (18892 views)
Shortcut

good to hear that her eye had recovered fully.. quite fast.

eh.. she really sounds very cute lah... yaya... show the pics..

wazzupdocz
New User

May 13, 2007, 5:38 AM

Post #16 of 133 (18825 views)
Shortcut

Hi to every dai lou here, erhm, sorry if i post in a wrong place....

my gf's female beagle is currently period-ing and she are desperately looking for a male beagle for mating.... so if anyone interested please contact me asap....

012-2951468, cheng

noname

May 14, 2007, 10:22 PM

Post #17 of 133 (18800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzupdocz] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool your beagle - first time getting period? mostly recommended then to breed after 2 or 3 period... more mature.

my neighbours female beagle - having period when her age is ard 6 to 7 month.... too young to breed. ahahaha...

barrylin
Novice

May 20, 2007, 9:33 PM

Post #18 of 133 (18748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noname] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi beagle dog owner. I am looking for a tri-color beagle.

If by any chance you want to sell it please let me know. Actually i want to adopt better cause i am more willing to spend more money in buying all the ultility that beagle need or to provide the dog a better environment.

thanks

barry

Booney
New User

Jun 21, 2007, 12:33 AM

Post #19 of 133 (18622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barrylin] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

I am new here, am a beagle owner as well. My beagle is a male, just past 10mths old. His name is Boone. Bought him from SS2 Summer Pet.

Anyway, Barry, if u are still looking for a beagle, i have a contact here. I met this man last week during weekend walk with Boone. His beagle just gave birth to a few puppies. 3M and 1F. He's taking the F and the other beagle owner taking an M. So he's left with 2M, if u are interested. Now the babies are abt 6 weeks old.

tuckfook

Jun 23, 2007, 2:20 AM

Post #20 of 133 (18598 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

I am not trying to be nasty here but in my experience, there are too many people who have dogs and are not able to take care of them.

Many have asked me for dogs at lower current than prices. I have always refused as I have found from past experiences that many do not care for these dogs well, maybe because they were cheap ! The excuse of saving money for the dog's home, food etc. is even worse. If they cannot afford the dog at current prices, can they afford to keep the dog, with vet fees, food, etc..etc. The ongoing expenses of keeping a dog is probably greater than the initial outlay.

I have tried to save dog lovers a little of the expenses by not registering them with MKA and recently, I got an insult that my dog is not a pedigree ! That from someone I sold at half price to! So from now on MKA makes some money and the dog buyer has to pay more.

Owning a dog is not cheap. If you feel that perhaps getting a dog for free or even half price will help you in keeping the dog, then you will be in for a big surprise.

BTW, I'm looking for people who will keep my beagles for me for 1 year. I will do the vaccinations and dewormings but all the rest is on the foster parent. After 1 year, I get the dog back. Anyone interested ? You can enjoy the puppy days of the dog.

BTW, I do not wish to offend anyone but these are the unseen facts on keeping a dog.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Jul 16, 2007, 4:47 AM

Post #21 of 133 (18330 views)
Shortcut

If you want to adopt a dog, my advice to you is keep in mind that the dog may not meet your expectation in terms of obedient behavior and mannerism. This is because it was trained or brought up by its former owner, so you probably have different discipline style you want to impose on this dog, it may take a while to adapt to your home or discipline style. It could take as long as 4 months to slowly follow your discipline style. Unless you have that patience.

Let me share with you my experience, I adopted a 3 yrs old mongrel this year, it still have the habbit of biting/destroying slippers etc. And it doesn't like to take bath and nail clipping, so we have a hard time to catch it, and at times it wants to bite us.

If you raise a puppy from very young age (from 8 weeks old), you could mold it to your discipline style, where to pee & poo etc.

I fully agreed with Tuck Fook, if you bought a dog at certain price, you would not give up the dog so easily no matter how naughty it is. If the dog is free, human nature tends to give up easily when faced difficulty. Beagle is famous for being rascal and naughty, so if you want to own a beagle, you must have high level of patience.

malice
Dog Kichi

Jul 17, 2007, 6:40 AM

Post #22 of 133 (18308 views)
Shortcut

Wow so long never visit here, abit paiseh hehe. Oh ya how is Whiskey,Timo etc err eto who else beagle i 4got! Haha as for Mocha, still the same lar so tamchiak and active. U see the picture already can tell. Hehe
Attachments: DearBirthday 011.jpg (108 KB)

malice
Dog Kichi

Jul 17, 2007, 6:45 AM

Post #23 of 133 (18307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [malice] Beagle Owners Corner [In reply to] Can't Post

U see naughty mocha eat till his lip red color

malice
Dog Kichi

Jul 17, 2007, 6:54 AM

Post #24 of 133 (18307 views)
Shortcut

this wan is the red lips

malice
Dog Kichi

Jul 17, 2007, 6:59 AM

Post #25 of 133 (18304 views)
Shortcut

Mocha bleh me!

(This post was edited by malice on Jul 17, 2007, 7:00 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my