Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
can he be trained to tell?

qzenp
Novice

Apr 6, 2007, 7:56 AM

Post #1 of 6 (8707 views)
Shortcut
can he be trained to tell? Can't Post

my husky is about 7mths old n until now there's no need for me to train him for housebreaking

he can pee n poo anywhere n most of the time he do it on the car porch for poopoo n grass for peepee

bcos i don allow him in the hse after he is 4 mths old so cleaning his mess outside the hse is ezy n normally i dont really control the place tat he is allowed to do his business

but now my problem starts bcos i'm moving to stay wif my parents. my parents wont allow him over if i dont train him for housebreaking. is there anyway i can train him to bark when he need to do his business so i can bring him out?

i don think i will hv problem wif his poopoo time but is the peepee time i cant predict

i was thinking of taking him out 5 times a day for poopoo (he likes poopoo on pavement so ezy for me to scoop)

but wat can i do for his peepee? my parents will kill me if i don train him n i really wan to bring him over wif me

by the way his last poopoo is normally after 2am in the morning is there anyway i can make him poopoo earlier so tat i can sleep earlier?

thx to all who reply ^^

YanYan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2007, 6:44 AM

Post #2 of 6 (8697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qzenp] can he be trained to tell? [In reply to] Can't Post

qzenp

Since your husky is already adapted to the old way,if you wana change it then you have to

train him the different ways all over again. Well,at 1st he will probably get confused and there

might be some accidents happen. Give him more time and he will adapt to his new environment.

is there anyway i can train him to bark when he need to do his business so i can bring him out?

I'm sorry I don't have any clues for this method,hopefully members aorund here can give you some

tips lor. i was thinking of taking him out 5 times a day for poopoo Wow,5 times a day will be

a tiring routine to you. How many times your feed your husky?

by the way his last poopoo is normally after 2am in the morning is there anyway i can make him

poopoo earlier so tat i can sleep earlier? May I know when is the last meal of a day you feed your

dog? Try not to give him/her food so late at night,usually after dinner.

qzenp
Novice

Apr 7, 2007, 6:52 PM

Post #3 of 6 (8693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YanYan] can he be trained to tell? [In reply to] Can't Post

i feed my husky 1 time 1 day onli n its normally before 7pm latest oso 7.30pm

after he eat he will poopoo but before he sleeps he will poopoo 1 more time = = but he sleeps very late like me

haha.........got same character like the owner

anyway it's bcos its 2am in the morning it's kind of dangerous for me to bring him out to poopoo so i was wondering can i bring forward his poopoo time onli >.<

YanYan
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2007, 5:58 AM

Post #4 of 6 (8686 views)
Shortcut

qzenp

Oh,at 1st I thought you feed him a lot since you said you need to bring him out to

poo poo 5 timesTongue. I had MS before and I feed her a meal per day around 7pm and she

only poo poo one time per day. So it is normal for your time routine.

Hehe,sometimes dogs will tend to follow their owners' habits No wonder people always

says that the dog you see will resembles its owners' attidude Hmm..why not you try to

let him to poo poo indoor on the newspaper at night? Have to train him that way lor coz

bring him out poo poo at 2am is not encouraged and dangerous too.

qzenp
Novice

Apr 8, 2007, 9:51 AM

Post #5 of 6 (8680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YanYan] can he be trained to tell? [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked so good oo ur dog onli poopoo 1 time onli

= = mine poopoo at least 3 times most is 5 times tats y wan bring him out 5 times lor

train him on newspaper oo = = now start train don noe can mah

i'll try n c lor thx for ur advise oso ya

Cool maybe train him poopoo 1 time like ur dog better

weewee can train? he drinks alot of water cannot catch his weewee timing = = but his weewee no smell no colour de ^^ but still scare my parents complain lor

YanYan
Enthusiast

Apr 8, 2007, 7:06 PM

Post #6 of 6 (8679 views)
Shortcut

Frown qzenp

Hehe,this is all depends on the dog itself.

Poo poo and pee pee things cannot be force keh.

That one time you feed him the amount is a lot ma?

He is 7 months old right? Not too old to re-train again.

It might take a longer time then last time,but

hopefully he will master it soon lorWink

You are welcomeSmile Usually poo poo can predict the

time but pee pee hard to predict de. She drink a lot

of water like your dog tooFrown Well,try to train him

pee and poo on the newspaper lor. Don't worry,your

parents will understand.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my