Post #2 of 21 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE?

i had read a lot of the pet food cause kidney problem to our pet

Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE?

Your question above does make sense. Someone asked me before :-

-Did you know that the FDA does not regulate the pet food industry?
-Did you also know that most commercial pet foods are made from less than human quality ingredients?
-Did you know that most pet foods bought in the store have been sitting around for as long as 18 months before you buy it?
-Did you know that dogs and cats have the genetic potential to live 20 to 25 years but we are robbing those years from their lives with cheap pet foods and being stingy.

Yes, there are brands out there which safe. However, there are few brands equivalent of feeding McDonald's to a child everyday and for every meal. So why such large amounts of grain could be found in one product or brand? It's more profitable for the company but not nutritional for your dog!

Any vendors should/must supply an 'assurance statement' with each shipment. This statement must provide nutritional quality of ingredient provided FREE from any mold, bacteria, contamination and so forth. Meat should be the 'first ingredient and the foods should NOT contain so more corn, wheat, soy, beet pulp, beef or by-products than meat. It should also be made from human grade ingredients and it should be naturally preserved too. A dog food which is bad often use a sub or parts of animals. 'By products' as people called contain (feet, heads, feathers, and sometimes cancerous tissue), also corn or barley which is really hard for the dog to digest. Contrary, these 2 ingredients are good ONLY as a treat for training/ snack but not as a meal.

Make sure you do your research on many different brands of dog foods out and pick one better for the dog. A simple litmus test is by looking at your dog wellbeing- coat should be dense and shinny, eyes are bright not watery, gum is pinkish in color, no allergies, no gas or constipation. Find out what's really in pet food, rate your dog's food, compare brands side by side and find out which to pick a good dog food from a vet or other dog owners.

Dont be stingy when it comes to feeding your dog. Some good brands tend to be more expensive but it evens out why? Less vet bills because its more balanced and healthy for the dog.. less feeding because the dog absorbed more, and the dog is 'fuller' longer.

Frown
woof woof

(This post was edited by Milosevic on Apr 1, 2007, 9:08 AM)

tracky
Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2007, 9:35 AM

Post #3 of 21 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Milosevic] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure
can we complain to Consumer Society in Malaysia?
Unsure

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2007, 10:52 PM

Post #4 of 21 (2328 views)
Shortcut

There are some latest news, I try to upload it but only can be done on the terrier group under APBT & ABT. Please go take a read, its the latest dated 31st March

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2007, 11:07 PM

Post #5 of 21 (2326 views)
Shortcut

home.businesswire.com:80/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=NEWS_VIEW_POPUP_TYPE&newsId=20070331005023&ndmHsc=v2*A1175338800000*B1175411498000*DgroupByDate*J1*N1000837&newsLang=en&beanID=202776713&viewID=news_view_popup

Del Monte Pet Products This is another new update. I just got it 2 mins ago. Another recall.

supermutts
K9 Senior

Apr 2, 2007, 7:34 AM

Post #6 of 21 (2319 views)
Shortcut

for the latest news regarding menu food recall or other related recall , u can go to http://www.howl911.com

tht website was created solely to provide infos regarding the menu incident.

u can see that most of the food recalled are not available here, anyone care to check carefully?

as for the pet food sold here in m'sia,
generally those supermarket brand and unknown brand made in thailand, el cheapo brand, u can doubt the content...

for those reputable brands like inova, etc, u can believe them to an extent.

most important is, one must have good knowledge bout pet food.

we know that many brand in the USA they put crap in the pet food, the US ppl knows it too, and yet they can't really do anything about it, its the USA.

and here in M'sia boleh land.... u know la... can forget about it, best is still to make ur own pet food....

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

Milosevic
Novice

Apr 2, 2007, 8:59 AM

Post #7 of 21 (2312 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Unsure
can we complain to Consumer Society in Malaysia?
Unsure

We could actually.

Maybe we set -up a movement and sign the petitions by asking every owners to sign and forward to mycen.com.my. We could ask SPCA or Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan for their input and support.

My personal reason is simply to ask them to observe and regulate the pet foods. Maybe ask all pet shops around Malaysia to supply or provide the consumer like us with some kind of guarantee especially in stocking their supplies before sell them to the public.

Frown
woof woof

(This post was edited by Milosevic on Apr 2, 2007, 9:03 AM)

Milosevic
Novice

Apr 2, 2007, 9:08 AM

Post #8 of 21 (2308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
for the latest news regarding menu food recall or other related recall , u can go to http://www.howl911.com

tht website was created solely to provide infos regarding the menu incident.

u can see that most of the food recalled are not available here, anyone care to check carefully?

as for the pet food sold here in m'sia,
generally those supermarket brand and unknown brand made in thailand, el cheapo brand, u can doubt the content...

for those reputable brands like inova, etc, u can believe them to an extent.

most important is, one must have good knowledge bout pet food.

we know that many brand in the USA they put crap in the pet food, the US ppl knows it too, and yet they can't really do anything about it, its the USA.

and here in M'sia boleh land.... u know la... can forget about it, best is still to make ur own pet food....

Make my own pet food? Hmnn, I cant even make 'char kway teow' right yet. While I on the subject of food, should I use peanut oil or sesame oil?

For your info, not only dogs i have to to feed, I also have 2 ducks, few squirrels, couple of birds and rabbits to in my yard.

Frown
woof woof

(This post was edited by Milosevic on Apr 2, 2007, 9:11 AM)

tracky
Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2007, 6:27 PM

Post #9 of 21 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [holycow] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

I cant c the WebSite that u provided...
Unsure

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2007, 6:52 PM

Post #10 of 21 (2287 views)
Shortcut

home.businesswire.com:80/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=NEWS_VIEW_POPUP_TYPE&newsId=20070331005023&ndmHsc=v2*A1175338800000*B1175411498000*DgroupByDate*J1*N1000837&newsLang=en&beanID=202776713&viewID=news_view_popup

Please follow this link. This is another brand Del Monte Pet Products recalling. Seems like everyone is recalling

www. bc. .com/id/17870750/from/RS.1/

Please refer to this link above. There is another link below which I am not able to excess. It shows why the other companies are not recalling

petsitusa.com

Please try these. They are latest. I do not know if it will effect us in Malaysia but someone should call Hills, DHKS, etc. to ask for their source.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Apr 2, 2007, 8:33 PM

Post #11 of 21 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Wah....you got so many animals......trying to start a petting zoo is it? Tongue

Haha you're right lah..cook for them....i cant even fry an egg, wan me to prepare a meal for them. I think i'll send them to an earlier grave then feeding them kibbles. Hahahaha..... Tongue

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

Milosevic
Novice

Apr 2, 2007, 8:43 PM

Post #12 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Haha you're right lah..cook for them....i cant even fry an egg, wan me to prepare a meal for them. I think i'll send them to an earlier grave then feeding them kibbles. Hahahaha..... Tongue

Yes, I want to set up a mini zoo so that kids could come and make profit out of it. Vets are getting expensive now days. Frown
woof woof

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 2, 2007, 11:37 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2275 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, I want to set up a mini zoo so that kids could come and make profit out of it. Vets are getting expensive now days.

This is the latest, seems that the wheat gluten that are in the products have been traced back to its manufacturer in Xuzhou Anying Biological Technology of Peixian, China. This is something I really respect US FDA, they are able to do the traceability up to the Raw Material stage.

www.huffingtonpost.com/david-goldstein/tainted-wheat-gluten-sold_b_44743.html

supermutts
K9 Senior

Apr 3, 2007, 12:07 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Are the Pet Food in Malaysia SAFE? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

no one ask you to cook for them, its just an option, for u as a pet parent, should know the best, unless that u don't care.

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

tracky
Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2007, 8:39 AM

Post #15 of 21 (2265 views)
Shortcut

to rear an animal at home is 1 of the education for the kids
showing them to LOVE the animal...
let them learn how to CARE the animal...
increase the ability of independent
n much more...

but the point is ...
HOW CAN WE LET THE SOCIAL TO CARE N CONCERN THE SAFETY LEVEL OF PET FOOT IN MALAYSIA?
SPCA? CONSUMER SOCIETY?

pls help Unsure

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 3, 2007, 3:43 PM

Post #16 of 21 (2261 views)
Shortcut

www.itchmo.com/read/recall-dingo-chickn-jerky-for-dogs-cats-and-ferrets_20070331recall
This is another recall by Dingo Chic'n Jerky treats.

In each and every country, there are various departments taking care of each importation and exportation of countries' goods. FDA means Food, Drug and Cosmetic Administration department. In Malaysia its call BPFK, Biro Pharmaceutical dan Forensic Kebangsaan. Excuse me for my Malay, didn¡¯t do so well. Hum!

In this case the department in Malaysian government structure, pet food goes under the Department of Agriculture. They have to check those batches that come into the country from USA. This is the fist step that they will have to take. But sadly every government agency are Post-Active shall I say that, even in the US. This has already cause lives of companion animals before they make those necessary actions. As they always say there is a Protocol to follow before any action is to be made. This is the same kind of excuse the US government made for the New Orleans flooding. Anyway, did I answer you questions?

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 6, 2007, 4:43 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2225 views)
Shortcut

The link below are other updates on recalls.

www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 7, 2007, 7:12 PM

Post #18 of 21 (2206 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

durbin.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=271910 This is the latest.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Apr 8, 2007, 5:39 AM

Post #19 of 21 (2201 views)
Shortcut

aiyah chakuetiau only hawker can make correctly wan.

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 17, 2007, 7:02 PM

Post #20 of 21 (2157 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

another recall www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

holycow
Dog Kichi

Apr 19, 2007, 9:14 PM

Post #21 of 21 (2132 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

another recall www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18173908/wid/11915773?GT1=9303

This is another further recall on Natural Balance

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my