Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Terrier Group:
American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers

First page Previous page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 Next page Last page  View All

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2007, 7:55 AM

Post #776 of 1353 (26229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wookie] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Brother,

Here to answer your questions in red colour.

Few questions i wish the sifu here can help;

1) I always love the look of a male ast/pbt but should female possess the same look and muscles? Male will look more handsome than a female off couse, but both female and male will possess the ultimate look with muscles of a Amstaff or an APBT.

2) Any correlation between colour to temperament and health? For eg. red more aggressive than black, white usually with deafness, brindle stubborn etc... No! this is not true, but a blue colour Amstaff or APBT usually selling more expensive than other colour. This is due to the colour mentioned is very very rare.

3) What is the best weight for working apt/ast? No particular recomendation weight here in Malaysia, but AKC & UKC prefer it to be around 22 to 25 kg. Certain AMstaff can reach 55kg in Australia and Indonesia (people there usually prefer an over size one)

4) What r the usual health problems? HD, skin etc.. HD is the usual problem this breed has, but avoid beef and heaty food will usually keeps them away from skin problem.

I live in KL but do travel up north and down south a fair bit. Any good breeders and good specimen you guys think I shouldn't miss

If you are looking for a blue colour one, I have a blue colour male is still looking for a good home. Below market price as I am keeping the blue female only.

kaerb

Mar 20, 2007, 9:52 PM

Post #777 of 1353 (26220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi boss,

hope you dun mind me asking, how old is the male and the markings?

does your blue male have cert and how much is below market price?

thanks

by the way, i am looking for weight pulling kaki in PJ

(This post was edited by kaerb on Mar 20, 2007, 10:22 PM)

ERN
K9 Maniac

Mar 21, 2007, 1:28 AM

Post #778 of 1353 (26207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi boss,

thanks

Hi kaerb

Many of us are interested in the weight pulling also, always wanted to let my Zeus try it. Where you exercise you bully normally?

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2007, 1:30 AM

Post #779 of 1353 (26206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi boss,

thanks

Hi Brother,
Long time did not see you posting here... how is everything...?
Market price is about RM1500 for a blue one... this male is full blue with some white marking on the chest and a very nice white line marking from forehead to it muzzle... very nice and this breed do not has a certificate m sure you know brother.
M going to let it go at RM1200.00 only... too many dogs liao... my wife said... hahaha

ERN
K9 Maniac

Mar 21, 2007, 1:38 AM

Post #780 of 1353 (26204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hi boss,

thanks

Hi Brother,
Long time did not see you posting here... how is everything...?
Market price is about RM1500 for a blue one... this male is full blue with some white marking on the chest and a very nice white line marking from forehead to it muzzle... very nice and this breed do not has a certificate m sure you know brother.
M going to let it go at RM1200.00 only... too many dogs liao... my wife said... hahaha

brother

hope got the chance to have a look at him loh end of this month.Sly

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

kaerb

Mar 21, 2007, 2:43 AM

Post #781 of 1353 (26202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the fast one guys.

i just took over my brother's dog, no formal weightpulling training yet. just let him wear the weightpulling harness and drag chain during walks. i ask my friend whether he is interested or not, u have any picture of sire and dam? maybe next time we meet up for TT.

wookie
Novice

Mar 21, 2007, 4:34 AM

Post #782 of 1353 (26197 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Brother,

Here to answer your questions in red colour.

If you are looking for a blue colour one, I have a blue colour male is still looking for a good home. Below market price as I am keeping the blue female only.

I still have a male rottie. Any problem getting along. My Rottie is friendly to other dogs and puppies so far. I heard APBT might even kill their mates. Unless u intend to let go the female..... Would you be kind enough to email me the pix of the parents and puppies? chemix@streamyx.com

Thank you!

(This post was edited by wookie on Mar 21, 2007, 4:38 AM)

tonychang
Dog Kichi

Mar 21, 2007, 5:27 PM

Post #783 of 1353 (26191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wookie] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bro wookie , long time no see liao .. when u coming to penang ? lets TT sure all the bros will happy to see u

attach some racun for u ... elite ... swee
Attachments: pitbull1.JPG (69.2 KB)

tonychang
Dog Kichi

Mar 21, 2007, 5:32 PM

Post #784 of 1353 (26189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonychang] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

another one
Attachments: pitbull.JPG (64.4 KB)

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2007, 10:10 PM

Post #785 of 1353 (26180 views)
Shortcut

Hi brother,

send me your yemail address will send the photo to you....

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2007, 10:32 PM

Post #786 of 1353 (26178 views)
Shortcut

Hi Brother,

I think the public have missed understood the actual behavior of a AST and APBT. They are not KILLER or MONSTER...,

They can be as gentle as a rabbit, if you raise them up with other pets, even a hamster can get along with them if you raised them up together...

ERN had mentioned something like this before" When someone see an AST or APBT pup, they might say ...wow... this pup is cute....what breed is this.?" But when we reply that this is AST or APBT, they might said... wow... fierce huh..."

Please don't look at this breed in the way the public will usually look at them... Try to look at them deep into their heart... This is a very very loyal breed and the number of pitbull attack owner is very far lesser than a Dalmation or a Rotty attack owner.

If you guys wanna look at the blue male pup, leave your email behind and I will forward to you guys...

Cheer....

wookie
Novice

Mar 21, 2007, 10:54 PM

Post #787 of 1353 (26174 views)
Shortcut

Then can mix with my other dogs then ok wor....Please send me the pix bro kevin! Cant wait to c... :D

chemix@streamyx.com

wookie
Novice

Mar 21, 2007, 10:57 PM

Post #788 of 1353 (26173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tonychang] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi bro wookie , long time no see liao .. when u coming to penang ? lets TT sure all the bros will happy to see u

attach some racun for u ... elite ... swee

Hi! The pix yours ka? Very very sui oh! But this fella very big size eh? I like the colour and size. But slightly smaller is more suitable for me. I intend to get one and train for protection work... :D:D

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2007, 11:36 PM

Post #789 of 1353 (26168 views)
Shortcut

Hi Brother,

Can see this fella is very old already... an over size APBT but very huge in size huh... too bad the back legs is a bit too long...

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Mar 22, 2007, 10:01 PM

Post #790 of 1353 (26149 views)
Shortcut

don worry man... if u mix ur bully well, they im sure u wont have trouble mixing ur AST. Example mine.. so far so good..ahhahaha. anyway u still have to do the job by looking after them while playing. so when are u getting urslf 1?

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

(This post was edited by stanleyee on Mar 22, 2007, 10:11 PM)

kaerb

Mar 23, 2007, 10:47 AM

Post #791 of 1353 (26138 views)
Shortcut

will be waiting for the pics. thanks

kaerb@hotmail.com

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2007, 8:46 AM

Post #792 of 1353 (26122 views)
Shortcut

done... brother... pls check ur mail

holycow
Dog Kichi

Mar 24, 2007, 7:55 PM

Post #793 of 1353 (26119 views)
Shortcut

Hello! Peng Yu!

Kaki lang lah! I am reading your post regarding HD. HD is due to genetice rather then anything else. It happens to a lot of dogs either huge or small. A lot of people mistaken that it will only happen to big dogs only. HD also will happen with age.

Why don't you guys get the dog back on the registered list with MKA? If you have a passion for this breed?

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Mar 24, 2007, 11:38 PM

Post #794 of 1353 (26115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [holycow] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

yo bro.. not that we don want to registered this breed.. its because we cannt do it... unless m** in-charge person and the whole bunch of staff change. If not noway buddy... what more M** president is a toy group dog fans... if we want to get this breed reg. we have to really come out with something that can change their perspect if not better don waste time... anyway.. i have jus come out with my own dog cert for my bully. This is jus a record for myself actually ahahhaha....

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Mar 24, 2007, 11:47 PM

Post #795 of 1353 (26113 views)
Shortcut

hey kev... u give me until next week ok?? i try to sweet talk my dad for that pup...its beautiful...i can breed with my ginger and the color should be stunning... i'll keep at home and show my dad before passing to teoh...

holycow
Dog Kichi

Mar 25, 2007, 12:06 AM

Post #796 of 1353 (26112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

It¡¯s nothing to do with M**. A study was conducted due to the attacks on humans from this breed. Therefore, it¡¯s the breeding programs of irresponsible breeders creating animals that attacked humans instead of being man¡¯s best friends.

Illegal breeding will make the breed suffer. If you are confident that the temperament of these dogs are good. A good way to start getting the breed recognized is by doing the Canine Good Citizen Program. If you were to do it right, then you will be the first few people that the breed owes you.

Please do not get yourself into trouble because of them because dogs are suppose to be good companions.

Take a look at the Tibetan Mastiff, they are slowly getting recognition. It would be a lot easier for you to do it since the breed was once recognized here and other parts of the world has this breed recognized as well. Does that make sense to you?

Wa Bo Lat Liow, Lau Liow! Just let me know if I am able to assist.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Mar 25, 2007, 2:56 AM

Post #797 of 1353 (26103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [holycow] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps ur right but we did like what u said..but ppl still don get it... their mind is set. Jus to share info, this breed is actually not human aggresive like what other ppl said. Its only agressive towards other animal but if socialize them at early age, this problem will be very minor only. Im sure all the dogs is the same. Unless this dogs are train for attack then i wont said its human friendly. For example members in this breed thread, most of our bullies are not like what ppl said, "killer dog" because we dont practice dog fight and human attack.Sly but we might wanna play weight pulling...

it takes time to unlock the mind set of the ppl. We actually gather in the dog gathering park held by ppdc. Many ppl see us like a gangstar bring a monster dog out, but when we group to gather, they will drop their jaws because the dogs are playing together even with other breed. Some ppl accept our dog and judgement and some ppl strictly banned our dog. Im not trying to said what but this is the fact.

In fact we were challange by other ppl to have a dog fight Frown.When we reject or ignore, they will said ur monster dog are nothing compare to my big macho dog. Jus what u said, its very depanding on the owner itself and how the owner brouhg the dogs up form pup. Perhaps u should give us some opinion, how to promote this bullies?

(This post was edited by stanleyee on Mar 25, 2007, 2:58 AM)

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2007, 10:15 AM

Post #798 of 1353 (26092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] American Staffordshire Terrier & APBT Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hey kev... u give me until next week ok?? i try to sweet talk my dad for that pup...its beautiful...i can breed with my ginger and the color should be stunning... i'll keep at home and show my dad before passing to teoh...

Hi brother,
Not a problem... M also hope you can take up the pup, If he mate with ginger in the future... wah lau eh... sure can produce good pups... especially the colour... Have to show your dad with the both pups... Frown

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2007, 10:54 AM

Post #799 of 1353 (26090 views)
Shortcut

Hi Peng Yu...
The APBT is one of the most popular breed in the world, especially in the states, thats because of its name in fighting rings. How do you think if a guard dog (GSD< Rotty, DOBBY, Malinois and etc...>attack someone? Very common people might say these dogs are protecting their owner, property or something... {a positive statement}. But when come to a pitbull attack, people will immediately say that is an attack but not protecting due to its name as a fighter {a negative statement} To me this is not fair to APBT. Especially, do you think number of Rotty attack can be less than pit attack? Which breed has killed the old lady in KL years ago? Which breed has attacked the 5 yeards old child few years ago, a child was killed by 3 Chow Chow in HK in 1989 and many many more... off cause there were some cases which involve APBT, but I would say it is rarely happened especially in our country...
I have read an article not long ago regarding dog attack issue in US. It sounds like this; Lots of people in US not really know how to differenciate a APBT and other bull type dog, there are numbers of Boxer attack had been claimed as a APBT attack, same issue goes to Presa Canalio, Cane Coso, Mastiff, Am. Bulldog and etc... attacks had been missed taken claimed as APBT attack.
We all the members here hopes that day the public will look at the positive side of this breed but not the negative... The only statement I can accept towards APBT is < ALL Breed ( COULD ) be dangerous if it was brought up by a irresponsible owner, NOT only APBT>

FrownFrownFrownFrownFrown Cheer...

wookie
Novice

Mar 26, 2007, 4:46 AM

Post #800 of 1353 (26062 views)
Shortcut

I think the only way to get the breed back in recognition is to have more people like Kevin. Get the dog into more sports and show how well it behaves. That was my intention to get a pbt. Home minister not welcoming the idea saying I have too many hobbies liao...Frown

First page Previous page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 55 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my