Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
Is Biotase Work For Puppy Who Eat Thier POO Poo?

adrianyam
Novice

Mar 23, 2007, 5:45 AM

Post #1 of 2 (9093 views)
Shortcut
Is Biotase Work For Puppy Who Eat Thier POO Poo? Can't Post

i have try out biotase but still no positive signUnsureUnsure anymore solutions? thanks in advance

potter

Sep 26, 2007, 3:05 PM

Post #2 of 2 (8773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adrianyam] Is Biotase Work For Puppy Who Eat Thier POO Poo? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i have try out biotase but still no positive signUnsureUnsure anymore solutions? thanks in advance

I don't know if it will help you but I will just tell you what I did with my puppy when he ate poop when he was younger. My Yorkie's breeder fed him Kirkland which was a good food and when I brought him home, I had him on Innova so I can say that he got the nutrient that he needs but he loves to eat his poop. I didn't bother to use biotase or whatever else because I don't know what is in those products and if it is safe for my pup so what I did was the good old way; watch him like a hawk when I know he is going to poop. When he is pooing, I standby with a treat and when I see him start smelling his poop, I give a low growl NO and once he backed off, he gets a treat. After a few days, he actually poop and then come looking for me for treats and forgot his poop!!! I clean the poop real fast so that he doesn't get the idea that he can go back to eat the poop after he take my treats. Its a very good way to train but you need to have someone watches him constantly until you know he got the hang of it. If you are not at home, at least get someone to watch him after feeding him. It took me a few days for my pup to understand it but it took him a good 2 months to totally weaned off this habit as in after the 2 months, even if the poop sits there he won't eat it when I am not at home.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my