Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Dog found in Ampang Hilir area

kash
Novice

Mar 22, 2007, 11:51 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1629 views)
Shortcut
Dog found in Ampang Hilir area Can't Post

We rescued a dog that turned up in my friends house located in the government officers quarters area in Ampang Hilir on Friday, 17th March.

It's a pure breed dog and obviously a house dog.

The dog was obviously disoriented, badly shivering and frightened. We had no choice but to bring it home.

If you know anyone that lost a dog there around that day, please reply here.

Thanks,

KS

PS - How do I find out if there is a microchip on this dog. I'm hoping to use that to trace the dog owner but I have no idea how to determine if this dog has a chip on it.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 23, 2007, 12:36 AM

Post #2 of 15 (1623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kash] Dog found in Ampang Hilir area [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i think most vet clinics now has a microchip scanner... maybe you take the dog to one and check?

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

kash
Novice

Mar 23, 2007, 2:06 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Dog found in Ampang Hilir area [In reply to] Can't Post

Just curious. Do they charge for doing that?

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 23, 2007, 4:56 PM

Post #4 of 15 (1585 views)
Shortcut

Is the dog a silky terrier?

I lost mine at kepong menjalara.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 23, 2007, 5:43 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1580 views)
Shortcut

Is the dog a female salt and pepper schnauzer? If so, she has no microchip. Please refer to my previous post for more information http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread.

Here is the post again for easy reference:

My friend's Salt & Pepper Schnauzer ran out of the house on 22/6 in Ukay Heights, near Jln Pinping (spelling?), in the morning between 10.30 and 11.30.

The dog is called Pepper. She is approx 8 years old, is neutered and has been debarked (NOT done by my friend!!) although she can make faint noises.

She is very shy and nervous but has a good nature.

If anyone has seen her or knows someone who might have found her, pls call me 012 213 8233. My friend is an elderly gentleman who is really upset at the disappearance of Pepper. She was his constant companion and he really misses her.

Thanks.

Please let me know. We are still very hopeful of being reunited with her.

Thanks.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

kash
Novice

Mar 23, 2007, 5:58 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Dog found in Ampang Hilir area [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately the dog is neither a Schnauzer nor a Silky Terrier.

It is beginning to look like I won't find the owner.

I'll give it a few more days and after that I will be putting the dog up for adoption.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 23, 2007, 6:50 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1573 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

popeimay
Dog Kichi

Mar 23, 2007, 8:40 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1558 views)
Shortcut

is it a female shar pei? around 4-5yrs old?

kash
Novice

Mar 23, 2007, 9:02 PM

Post #9 of 15 (1553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popeimay] Dog found in Ampang Hilir area [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry. It's not a Shar Pei.

In Reply To
is it a female shar pei? around 4-5yrs old?

kash
Novice

Mar 27, 2007, 4:54 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1456 views)
Shortcut

Hi everyone,

I have put this dog (Cocker Spaniel) up for adoption on this site

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=288516;#288516

thanks,

KS

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 28, 2007, 1:59 AM

Post #11 of 15 (1426 views)
Shortcut

LOL! Definitely not a schnauzer then!!

Have you tried calling the SPCA and PAWS to let them know that you have found a cocker spaniel? You don't need to turn the dog over to them - in fact they would be very relieved if you can hold on to the dog pending the search for it's owners as this helps reduce the strain on their resources. The SPCA and PAWS may be at different ends of KL but the dog could have been stolen and abandoned by the thieves if it proved too "difficult" to handle.

PAWS -03 78461087

SPCA - 03 42565312

kash
Novice

Mar 28, 2007, 2:07 AM

Post #12 of 15 (1424 views)
Shortcut

I would love to hold on but this dog wants to be indoors. She howls when left outside.

My wife is not comfortable with a dog inside the house and so it's better if someone adopts it.

Anyway, I'll call SPCA and PAWS tomorrow to check if anyone has reported a missing cocker spaniel.

Thanks!

Kash

In Reply To
LOL! Definitely not a schnauzer then!!

Have you tried calling the SPCA and PAWS to let them know that you have found a cocker spaniel? You don't need to turn the dog over to them - in fact they would be very relieved if you can hold on to the dog pending the search for it's owners as this helps reduce the strain on their resources. The SPCA and PAWS may be at different ends of KL but the dog could have been stolen and abandoned by the thieves if it proved too "difficult" to handle.

PAWS -03 78461087

SPCA - 03 42565312

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 28, 2007, 6:03 AM

Post #13 of 15 (1410 views)
Shortcut

Did you manage to find out if the dog has a microchip? Vets shouldn't charge you for running the scanner over the dog since it is a few second job. In fact, SPCA would have a scanner.

It's a pity your wife won't have the dog indoors. Do you have a friend - who would let the dog live indoors - who could take the dog for a few days until the owner is found? The dog is probably starving for more affection and living outdoors she is not getting enough human contact. Poor dear - she must be feeling very scared and alone.

Good luck and keep us posted about the dog and whether she gets reunited with her owners. Meanwhile, perhaps you could hold off on rehoming the dog for a few more days? If she gets adopted by someone, they may not want to give her up when her owners are eventually traced and that would be quite upsetting all round if that should happen

kash
Novice

Mar 28, 2007, 8:33 AM

Post #14 of 15 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gus-Gus,

I understand your concerns and feelings.

No worries. I have planned anyway to keep her till this weekend. By then I would have checked with SPCA and PAWS.

My kids are playing with the dog so she is getting some human contact.

Thinking back of the condition we found her in, I am beginning to think that this dog could have been abandoned.

Anyway, let's hope for the best.

KS

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 28, 2007, 3:23 PM

Post #15 of 15 (1397 views)
Shortcut

Poor dear - her story gets grimmer and grimmer. If she has been abandoned as you suspect, then there is a good chance that she is not well and probably requires long term veterinary care which someone just didn't love her enough to provide.

If you can take her to the SPCA, the SPCA vet can give her a thorough veterinary check up and offer you some advice about any situation which may arise. Better to have any potential problems confirmed rather than to speculate.

It's good that your children are playing with her and providing her with some human companionship.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my