Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
I have a vampire Pug

KawChai
Enthusiast

May 20, 2003, 7:02 AM

Post #1 of 16 (2836 views)
Shortcut
I have a vampire Pug Can't Post

My Pug Yoda about 9 months old doesn't sleep at night.....

He is active at night.....until about 6-7am...he start to mengantuk and then can sleep the whole morning, afternoon.

there is one day...he didn't eat/ sleep/ drink or poo at all until 11pm at night when i come back....

Laugh

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 20, 2003, 8:10 PM

Post #2 of 16 (2824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KawChai] I have a vampire Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!!
Laughhaahaaaa... the title makes me laugh! I was told dogs do not sleep at night (so that they can guard the house, it is their nature). Dunno true or not? Trivor also sleeps very less at nite, but sleeps like a pig in the afternoon).

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 20, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #3 of 16 (2820 views)
Shortcut

hehehe.... cute la the way u described it. Sparkle also very active at night and I can hear him playing by himself. (picking his toys, flinging it away and then chase it to pick it up again). Then in the morning he just sleepssss all the way under the fan on the carpet. Tongue

(This post was edited by cshellz on May 20, 2003, 11:01 PM)

elizatye
K9 Senior

May 20, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 16 (2819 views)
Shortcut

Normally yippi will sleep the whole day when I am working. Then he will be very active at night. What I try to do is, after dinner, if I am free, I will play with him, catching, jumping, and etc... until he get tired. Some time, but not always, he will waked up at around 3 or 4 am if he slept too much in the afternoon Unsure. But luckly he won kacau me, he just play with his toys Tongue.

Smile Eliza

archer
K9 Senior

May 21, 2003, 12:42 AM

Post #5 of 16 (2809 views)
Shortcut

muahahahahah .... hantu malam Tongue does he disturb u when he's awake during the wee horus of the morning?

yoda sleeps at about 10pm and wakes around 4am, then he starts chewing on everything hehe.
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

KawChai
Enthusiast

May 21, 2003, 2:57 AM

Post #6 of 16 (2804 views)
Shortcut

well...he didn't kacau me la....but the fact he is trying to eat up the whole house is bothering me... it makes me a bit 'san keng kan cheong'....is like dunno what he is chewing now...
we have limit the area that he can run around but still Crazy .....he is a very good seeker....can find those 'things' that we also dunno it exist...

And he will keep peeing and see if i am awake....if by any chance he see me "open my eye" he will try to jump on my bed...other wise, he is happy eating up the whole house....

oh..& 1 more, he like to disturb my 3 tortoise ( star tortoise- dry type) Crazy his best friend i think... and
he don't like his toy anymore...he likes more challeging stuff like water bottle, toilet roll ( he will try to jump to get it ) and my clothes....or my blanket...

yea, i think by nature dogs are suppose to be awake at night to guard the house....but yoda Sly certainly not...

hehe...now i know not only my pug is like that....

sandy&dexter
Novice

May 21, 2003, 4:28 AM

Post #7 of 16 (2801 views)
Shortcut

Hi. I'm a new user here. Just joined a couple of minutes ago. As I was browsing through this website, your title caught my attention.
It really depends ...whether they sleep at nite or not. My Shih Tzu (Dexter) sleeps soundly at nite. He wakes me up with his whimpering sound when he feels like peeing (or ye liu). Then he would sleep again.
Maybe it's becoz of his size as well as he weighs a lot and eats a lot.Tongue
Anyway, your pug sounds cute to me.Sly

KawChai
Enthusiast

May 21, 2003, 6:23 AM

Post #8 of 16 (2796 views)
Shortcut

Ops....spelling mistake....

* is peeping not peeing* Blush ..i also gila already

KawChai
Enthusiast

May 21, 2003, 6:29 AM

Post #9 of 16 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandy&dexter] I have a vampire Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi sandy,

welcome welcome Blush

Do you have someone at home with Dexter during the day time ?

hehe, my pug very notti actually.....i also need to call him tai kor sometimes....the other day, he try to hide my clothes hanger when i am not aware ( i use the clothes hanger to tar his pet pet / to scare him off when he is notti) Crazy i caught him taking it from my bed & bring to living room...halfway

(This post was edited by KawChai on May 21, 2003, 6:33 AM)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 21, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #10 of 16 (2785 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ops....spelling mistake....

* is peeping not peeing* Blush ..i also gila already
LOL LaughLaugh...i was wondering how he can keep peeing till u notice!! Laugh

ckbeep

May 21, 2003, 7:25 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My Shih Tzu is abuot the same too. He will be sleeping the whole afternoon and very active at night. I think the reason for this behaviour is because there is nobody at my house in the afternoon. All is working mah Frown. So once i'm back it will be around 6 ++ already. He will be like a mad dog jumping and runing around. The best thing is that he will go straight to my room and aim for his treats. Sly.

But he is a very good sleeper. Laugh I just brought him to a pet shop for a swin, and he loves it. The moment he gets back, he snores all his way for 2 hours in the afternoon. Boy... his snoring is very teruk. Sly hahahah... at night he will either play by himself in the kitchen or sleep by himself. But sometimes in the wee hours he will knock on my door and ask me to let him in. Crazy

CkBeep

sandy&dexter
Novice

May 22, 2003, 4:36 AM

Post #12 of 16 (2771 views)
Shortcut

Well, Dexter doesn't seem to care whether there's anyone around or not coz he'll most probably sleep, and sleep and sleep. But when he feels like playing, then he'll go crazy running around with my mum's floor mat(floor cloth), trying to play tug-of-war if we respond to his desire to play.
I think your pug is kinda brave coz he dares to play with the hanger that u beat him with.
Dexter is scared of his "cane"(made of newspapers) but sometimes he's immune to it. But I seldom beat him. That's why he's not afraid of me and he does not obey at all.
The only time he obeys is when u have FOOD with u. See??? That's why he's sooo... fat.

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

May 22, 2003, 7:12 AM

Post #13 of 16 (2766 views)
Shortcut

But I seldom beat him.

Physical punishment is not the best way to train a dog. By saying a firm NO is good enough to tell your furkid what you do not like him to do. A lot of praising on the other hand is the best way to tell your dog that he has done the right thing.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

sandy&dexter
Novice

May 23, 2003, 2:48 AM

Post #14 of 16 (2757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] I have a vampire Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

I've tried the "NO" way before, but he does not seem to understand. He's already 2 years old. Don't u think it's too late to train him to listen to "NO" now?
Maybe he's too pampered and he knows that I love him. Whenever I'm home, he's more rebellious.

KawChai
Enthusiast

May 28, 2003, 5:34 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2742 views)
Shortcut

hehe sandy, me too. i think yoda already bosan with the word NO....the other day he is chewing the floor mat...so i said NOOOOOOOO guess wat...his eye is looking at me, trying to see what im doing & his mouth continue chewing....Crazy

I think he know i sayang him, thats why he is not afraid of me...

ashley
ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 7:57 PM

Post #16 of 16 (2733 views)
Shortcut

LaughSly Ur Yoda very cute..
My Ginger can be say she enjoy sleep, she seldom play game, when i told her " Ginger, Oio Oio lia .she will faster run to my room and when i sleep she will find a good place normally on top of my pillow or beside me..Smile like my toy !!Blush
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my