Excessively licking and biting paws..

goofydip
Veteran

Mar 15, 2007, 1:48 AM

Post #1 of 7 (10349 views)
Shortcut
Excessively licking and biting paws.. Can't Post

hi everyone...

these few days, i see that goofy lick and bite his paws always..really excessively..i've checked the paws, but no fleas ar.. and one more, he started too much licking his own buttock also..isit due to any health problem or wat?Unsure

anyone can help? plz advice.....

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2007, 1:54 AM

Post #2 of 7 (10345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] Excessively licking and biting paws.. [In reply to] Can't Post

jz monitor lo, cant really jump into conslusion as uve seen nothin at whr he's scratchin rite??? then its another hole in the pocket jz to bring him to a vet & get a "jz monitor 1st" advice... so jz monitor & take it from thr. check whether thr's any loss of fur, bleeedin, scabs, anythin other than his original fur & skin...

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

goofydip
Veteran

Mar 15, 2007, 2:37 AM

Post #3 of 7 (10339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Excessively licking and biting paws.. [In reply to] Can't Post

oh thanx vin...actually other than those lickings and soft biting, goofy looks really normal..but this behaviour has gone thru 2 to 3 weeks liao..sometimes i see he can suddenly 'brake' from running just to lick his buttock...this kinda make me worry a bit lor..

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2007, 3:24 AM

Post #4 of 7 (10337 views)
Shortcut

aiyo nvm one la, jz monitor 1st...sny sudden change then u'l decide from thr lo

ezekiel 25:17

chrisong
Doggyman

Mar 15, 2007, 4:37 AM

Post #5 of 7 (10333 views)
Shortcut

Licking paws might be due food allergy whereas for licking butt is time to clear up his anal gland.

Lady Eloise
Dog Kichi

Mar 15, 2007, 10:57 AM

Post #6 of 7 (10325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Excessively licking and biting paws.. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Licking paws might be due food allergy whereas for licking butt is time to clear up his anal gland.

I agree with you above, maybe you gave your dog something that triggered his itchiness. Check his food/treat or other snack. My dog is allergic to carrots and every time we gave him one, he will scratch his ears.
Dog behaviorist.

nicholas yap
Novice

Jul 17, 2008, 9:08 AM

Post #7 of 7 (8741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lady Eloise] Excessively licking and biting paws.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,
wat kind of dog u have?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my