4 mths old shih tzu for adoption

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

noisy
Novice

Feb 12, 2007, 7:05 AM

Post #1 of 26 (1425 views)
Shortcut
4 mths old shih tzu for adoption Can't Post

Hi to all, my name is william from klang. Recently i bought a shih tzu puppy from a local vets. After about 2 weeks i found red spot (just like wound). After that i tried to shorten the puppy fur and i found more spot. Consulted the vets and he told me is normal but the puppy skin condition are getting worst everyday. I bought the puppy at rm 600 and which are 4 months old (with cert). If his condition worsen i willingly surrender the puppy for adoption to good and souls who have better experience with to look after the puppy. I have sent the puppy twice to the vets for medication and jabs. I have tried my very best to look after and yet i failed. Sorry guys just felt being cheated by someone. Hope you guys can understand my feeling now.

(This post was edited by noisy on Feb 12, 2007, 7:21 AM)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 4:17 PM

Post #2 of 26 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noisy] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

sorry to hear of what that has happened...did you try to consult other vets as well? coz i doubt it's normal for shih tzu to hv so many red spots....mine don anyway...does your pup has excessive scratching due to the spots?

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

noisy
Novice

Feb 12, 2007, 5:12 PM

Post #3 of 26 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I have consulted the vets twice and he just refuse to accept the facts that he sold me a SICK puppy. Why can't they treat the puppy instead pushing resposibility. Will consult other vets today and hope for the best.

(This post was edited by noisy on Feb 12, 2007, 5:14 PM)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 5:30 PM

Post #4 of 26 (1403 views)
Shortcut

yeah..some ppl are just like dat...try to push away the responsibility...sigh...i guess they r too afraid of their reputation....Mad don think this vet is trustworthy...pls consult other vet and keep us updated ya!

ALL THE BEST!

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

noisy
Novice

Feb 12, 2007, 6:06 PM

Post #5 of 26 (1402 views)
Shortcut

By the way i do have a schnauzer at home too. I hope shih tzu skin problems will not tranmitt to my schnauzer(notty). Any prevention?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 8:55 PM

Post #6 of 26 (1391 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i think the best is you separate both of them...don let them hv body contact coz skin problem can be transmittable...so b4 u r very sure on what cause the red spot, i think separating them is the best option...

u better monitor your schnauzer closely too...juz in case...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 9:59 PM

Post #7 of 26 (1388 views)
Shortcut

u wouldnt give it away cuz its sick right??? Crazy

ezekiel 25:17

noisy
Novice

Feb 12, 2007, 10:28 PM

Post #8 of 26 (1382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

well i will understand if you think i am a cruel person but i hv no choice. We actually staying in a apartment and as you know apartment hv very limited space so i hv no choice but to place the dog cage into my store room in order to prevent contacts with my baby girl and other dog. After doing so the puppy condition got worst. I am trying my very best to help the puppy as i bath the puppy everyday and also visited the vets couple of times. I cleaned the dog cage everyday to prevent infections. I already tried my very best and the vets told me the skin problem will take time to heal about 1 month in order to heal completely. well it is not easy for me to bear the pressure from my family too. So all i can do is pray to god that a good soul will actually help me to look after the puppy and give the puppy a chance to heal.

bkhwang
Dog Kichi

Feb 12, 2007, 10:42 PM

Post #9 of 26 (1381 views)
Shortcut

i feel bad for the poor shih tzu... and also did u already consult another vet? and did you ask for an explanation form the vet u bought the shih tzu? Mad

because this is not a very good way to give out a poor doggie for adoption because of some skin problem... i think you can try gov-vet and see what advise they give regarding your doggie...

good luck...
mike@mike

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 12, 2007, 11:48 PM

Post #10 of 26 (1378 views)
Shortcut

i'm not very experienced with doggies...but one thing i know that we can't bath them everyday!! isn't that would make the doggie's skin worst?

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 12, 2007, 11:56 PM

Post #11 of 26 (1374 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i agree with Lily (goofydip)......don think u can bathe her everyday....even healthy dogs aren't supposed to bathe everyday...at the most twice a week...

yeah..i understand the pressure and the worries you have now...with your baby girl and another dog at home too...beside the red spot, do u see any unusual thing in her? excessive scratching, no appetite or etc?

coz since she is still very new to you and your household, n u've have quarantined her in your store room, she might fell into depression which will worsen her current condition...i guess u shud move her out from the room...as long as u crate her, i think it'l b fine for u to put in an area visible for both of u...at least she won feel secluded...

i always believe that a dog that feel loved and cared for, will heal faster

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

noisy
Novice

Feb 13, 2007, 12:03 AM

Post #12 of 26 (1371 views)
Shortcut

when i sent the puppy to vets who sold me the puppy he told me to bath the puppy everyday until it heal but when i sent to a different vets they told me to bath twice a week. So they sold me some shampoo and the instruction written there bath the puppy every 2 days. I am totally lost.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2007, 12:14 AM

Post #13 of 26 (1370 views)
Shortcut

hmmm....i guess you shouldn't trust the vet (whom you bought the pup) anymore after all this stuff...

so far, actually we are not advised to bathe too frequent...reason being, it will discreet (if i use the word correctlyUnsure) the body from its natural oil...so not good lo...dats why normally ppl will only bathe once a week...n if really cant tahan twice a week nia....

i really think that u should seek help from another trustworthy vet...

sorry coz cant help much...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 13, 2007, 12:35 AM

Post #14 of 26 (1366 views)
Shortcut

yes..agree with jess..plz dun rely on that vet anymore..get another vet...

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2007, 2:59 AM

Post #15 of 26 (1351 views)
Shortcut

dude, u cant bathe it everday la... get an ID on wats happenin to the pup, skin problem cuz by??? viral??? bacteria???

viral are contagious, meanin can pass to other doggies & even human. but bacterial are no problem, u dont need to quarantine the pup, cuz bacterial skin problem comes fr inside the pups body. the body may react to a certain thing in its environment, its diet, its shampoo, ur furniture, ur home aroma theraphy, ur body shampoo, ur children's toys, etc, etc. it could be anythin & fr anywhr.

its a little tidious to find out wat is the root cuz of the problem but i think u can manage

use lamb for its diet, better for skin problem, did ur pup get a jab on its' skin problem???

abt the vets, meds & bathes... i suggest u get a medicated shampoo, antiseptic cream or spray, antibiotic pills prescribe by vet... by right the order should be this way... if ur pup got a jab, the jab will last abt 2 weeks, vet will usually prescribe antibiotic pills enuff for a week. sometimes they give cream or spray. apply cream / spray durin nite time. monitor in daytime. bathe once a week so u can monitor better

good luck dude...btw, zeus now is havin some rashes as well near his stomach Unsure

ezekiel 25:17

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 14, 2007, 3:18 AM

Post #16 of 26 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

hi vin..

zeus having rashes near stomach? are those rashes look like red big and small spots? goofy often get this near his stomach and near his 'arm pit'...i use a tea tree cream for dogs and cats for goofy and it did works a lot...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2007, 5:05 PM

Post #17 of 26 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip & vinoviruz] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

hi both,

how come can kena rashes ah? due to wat ah?

so vin, how;s zeus now? better d?

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 14, 2007, 5:20 PM

Post #18 of 26 (1342 views)
Shortcut

hi jess...i also not sure wat causes those red spots...but i treat it small cases liao..coz goofy once a while would get it, and would recover very fast after i apply the teatree cream

irenec
Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #19 of 26 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Goofydip, teatree cream? For dogs or any brand will do? Teatree oil is supposed to have some antiseptic effect, right?

Recently my dog had some red spots on her body and head too. Someone recommended aloe vera gel. It works.

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 14, 2007, 8:16 PM

Post #20 of 26 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

last time i used to use human's teatree oil...then when i found this cream specially for dogs, i tried this lo...only then i know it is very effective..

yes u r right, teatree oil is supposed to have antiseptic effect...last time, goofy got hurt bcoz scooby (my family doggie) scratched him....i did apply teatree oil on the scratch as antiseptic effect..

irenec
Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2007, 8:20 PM

Post #21 of 26 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

I see. Can let me know the brand? Would like to get one too. Thanks!

Goofy got into a fight with Scooby?

noisy
Novice

Feb 18, 2007, 12:32 AM

Post #22 of 26 (1309 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Recently i bought a shih tzu puppy from a local vets. After about 2 weeks i found red spot (just like wound). After that i tried to shorten the puppy fur and i found more spot. Consulted the vets and he told me is normal but the puppy skin condition are getting worst everyday. I bought the puppy at rm 600 and which are 4 months old (with cert). If his condition worsen i willingly surrender the puppy for adoption to good and souls who have better experience with to look after the puppy. I have sent the puppy twice to the vets for medication and jabs. I have tried my very best to look after and yet i failed. Sorry guys just felt being cheated by someone. Hope you guys can understand my feeling now.

mpet
Novice

Feb 21, 2007, 4:26 PM

Post #23 of 26 (1281 views)
Shortcut

Hi William

Just wondering .. what food you fed yr dog with?? When I first have my first dog I experience the same thing. I got my pups for RM2400 that is 3 years ago. I found that he is allergy to beef and lamb.

I tried my own medication after spending a huge sum on Vet medication .. that is

1. Bath them in salt water,

2. Use sulphur shampoo.

3. Daily dry clean

4. Daily use of Tea Cream

5. Daily Yeast Garlic supplement

The rashes gradually dissapear and after 2 months the skin is very smooth.

Do not give yr dog away if it is sick ... it is a good companion. At present I have 4 Shi Tzu. 4 Schnauzer, 3 chi hua hua .. .. etc. I do not give them up when they r sick. I just love them. When they r sick I pamper them more.

By the way a reminder to all is that no one will sell a puppy with cert for less than RM600 well unless the puppy have some problem . As per my experience all pups is RM800 n above in pet shop.

Take care be a dog lover

jessyca_loh
K9 Maniac

Feb 21, 2007, 9:26 PM

Post #24 of 26 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mpet] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow u definately have a lot of furkids. Have any pictures of them ah ?

I do agree with you that we shouldn't give pets away just because they are sick. I'm sure the time we spent with our furkids have a lot of memorable moments n it makes us so difficult to give it away.

goofydip
Veteran

Feb 27, 2007, 8:10 PM

Post #25 of 26 (1232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] 4 mths old shih tzu for adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

hi..

the name of the cream is JOHNSON'S TEA TREE SKIN CREAM....for pets..can get in most pets store..i love this product as it really works when there's skin irritation on goofy..i see he stop scratching after few whiles i applied this cream on the affected area..

yah...scooby always attack goofy when we go back hometown..but now geeting better liao lo..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my