Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
DogNappers!!

hailey

Feb 8, 2007, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 23 (2891 views)
Shortcut
DogNappers!! Can't Post

Hey everyone,

I see from all your posts, i am truly downed by all the stolen dogs. Day before yesterday, my neighbour's dog was stolen too. It was DogNappEd!!

We live in SS17 Subang Jaya. When i heard about the news i felt so sad about it, and the first thought on my mind is to warn everyone of this Dognappers.

She was walking her Shih Tzu around her house, and a Proton Perdana with 3 Chinese men was inside, stopped the car & dognapped Bobby. She was pulling Bobby back but she didn't happen to get Bobby back. Poor girl.

Luckily the Dognappers did not kipnap the owner too. To all the animal lovers out there please becareful of all things behind you. walk against the traffic not with it. anything happens run fast & shout for help. Please, we don't know what happen to the doggies we're just praying that it is in good hands.

God Bless.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 9, 2007, 6:09 AM

Post #2 of 23 (2864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hailey] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! These dognappers getting crazier, dare to dognap in a bright day light! I couldn't believe though! Shocked

I wonder why in such a short time frame (just one week), so many dogs got stolen/dognapped. What are they doing with these dogs? Dog year is going to end, why suddenly dogs are being dognapped? Eeee.....something not right.......

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 7:54 AM

Post #3 of 23 (2862 views)
Shortcut

Dognapping!!!! WHAT!!!! Poor girl must be so traumatized thinking she is walking her dog on leash and yet it is still kidnapped! Maybe now people have to carry pepper spray when walking their dogs!!! Poor girl.. *sigh*
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 9, 2007, 5:36 PM

Post #4 of 23 (2853 views)
Shortcut

There has undoubtedly been a spate of dog thefts of late. The thieves are bold and confident with handling dogs because they don't seem to be worried about being bitten by the dogs they are stealing. They are also able to restrain the dogs well enough to run with a struggling dog.

I have spoken to a few of my friends and they too have noticed a huge increase in dog thefts. The thieves are targetting small and medium sized breeds as well as certain large breed dogs which are not biters - like Huskies, Golden Retrievers, Labradors.

I urge all dog owners to keep their dogs indoors - especially at night - and make sure that they never leave their dogs unsupervised outdoors. Also, to have a stick on hand to beat off anybody who may be bold enough to climb in try and steal your dog. Be vigilent for anybody hanging around. I have been watchful to the point of paranoia ever since I noticed the increase in dog thefts. I have even stopped walking my dogs. I declare - I am prepared to kill anyone to tries to steal my dogs.

Perhaps what is also must aggravating is that when owners go and report that they were the victims of a crime at the Police Station, the Police Officers take a "can't be bothered" attitude when they find out that the crime is dog theft. Maybe the dog thieves are counting on this poor attitude to get away with their crime.

There are two theories as to what is happening to the stolen dogs. The first is that someone wants to start a puppy mill and wants to get "starter stock" cheap. The second is that the dogs are being killed for their fur. Yes, there is a disgusting trade in cat and dog fur coats.

All animal lovers, please be vigilent. Advise all your friends who keep their small/ medium dogs outdoors to try to at least keep the dogs out of sight.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on Feb 9, 2007, 5:41 PM)

jyazumin
Dog Kichi

Feb 9, 2007, 7:10 PM

Post #5 of 23 (2846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

How could anyone just do anything like that?!

It must be so traumatizing for the poor gal. I'm definitely bringing a cane out for walks with my dogs next time...and the cane's NOT for my dogs!

Isn't there something or someone could do about the dognappers? In broad daylight too...what happened to the Malaysian Police Force? Perhaps they could have less unnecessary blocks and drive through housing areas more.
MUFFIN...my Pride & Joy!

hailey

Feb 9, 2007, 11:13 PM

Post #6 of 23 (2834 views)
Shortcut

canes?..i think i'll bring stun-guns.i know they are illegal but what the heck..

Oh well...talking about police forces, as you can see on other pages on dog keepers reporting to the police about their lost pet, all they'll do is just laugh. Too bad we're not like the USA, where animals are treated the same as humans, maybe better.Cool.

so sad..dog & cat fur..Does anyone know VooDoo or some kinda spell to put on those people. they should be punished. ARrGHhhh!! Mad

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Feb 10, 2007, 2:31 AM

Post #7 of 23 (2828 views)
Shortcut

This is simply revolting.

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 10, 2007, 3:06 AM

Post #8 of 23 (2823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

We must stop the Dognapper!

Dognapped owner should make a police report. Let the police force aware that there is a rise in such crime recently. We should not keep quiet, this meant we condoned such crime.

I wrote to MalayMail on my stolen dog, it was featured on Wednesday Feb 7 paper with the picture. Well...I will try to write to other newspapers, hopefully can create public awareness on the rise of this dognapped crime.

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Feb 10, 2007, 3:57 AM

Post #9 of 23 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good heavens, did they take your German Shepherd?

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 10, 2007, 4:08 AM

Post #10 of 23 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My GSD is now in heaven....no joke.....just passed away last night..suffering pneumonia since last week. She was taken care by my sister ever since she was diagnosed with hip dylexia problem last year because my house do not have enough compound to keep her healthy, and she has hip dylexia problem. Only my sister has the time to walk her every day, and my sis house is a semi-D, further to that my sis is single, she needs companion.

Sad...just within a week I lost 2 beloved pets.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Feb 10, 2007, 6:15 AM

Post #11 of 23 (2809 views)
Shortcut

Oh! This is really terrible & sickening! It's getting worse & worse! Hey, I noticed many of this dog kidnapping is always happening in these areas, Subang jaya & PJ. Why?

Anyway, I feel terrible & sorry for your friend's loss, those three nerds are really sick. Probably one of the young chinese hunk's girlfriend wanted a Shih Tzu & since he saw your friend walking one cute one, he decided to grab it for free! What an idiot...

Many times I've encountered this too when I'm walking my dogs. Whether me alone or with another family member, I find people driving in cars slowing down & watching me/us walking with our dogs. Yes, our dogs are beautiful, big & pure breeds too! But I don't like the fact where some weirdos trail & watch us & where we're going...And also sometimes I find one Indonesian/Indian guy just trailing me at the back. I would purposely go to somewhere where it's slightly busy with people & cars & walk to another trail. Making sure he doesn't know where we stay...

Once also, an Indonesian man on a bike stopped and watched me & my mom walking our dogs. He would drive down the road & come back up again & again & again & again, driving slowly & watching. I just stopped, turned around & stared at him. Watching his every move...He drove off after that! I'm very careful especially when I walk with my dogs alone at night around 8pm onwards. My weapons are my legs & my dog's leashes.

Just some advice to your friend & others here, if you ever & I mean if you EVER find someone trailing behind you or watching you walking with your pet dog, just stop & stare at him/her until he drives away. Sometimes, you purposely follow THEM where they're going, that will scare them off. Or take out your mobile phone purposely to show that you're about t call the police. And when you walk on the road, walk on the side where the cars come towards you. NOT behind you coz you don't know what crack person will just stop & grab your dog. Anyway, it's also safer for your dog & yourself.

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 8, 2007, 9:08 PM

Post #12 of 23 (2604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah....you girls walking ur furkids late into the evening better becareful okay. Get a pepper spray or some alarm or carry some kind of self protection weapon. Wink

I too get stares from ppl when I walk Rascal around. Some friendly stares and some "eyerrr........itu HARAM" kinda stares. Worst stares from the second group when I actually pick his poo up. In my heart I'm like "Eh...hello....never see ppl pick dog poo before is it? His recycled waste is more expensive than ur one month dinner mannn!!!"

My protection, rascal's black gold. I carry it with me all the way home then only throw. I don even bother tying the plastic up till i get home. Step anywhere near my boundary, I'll throw his black gold in ur face. That would give us enough time to RUN!!!!!!

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2007, 10:58 PM

Post #13 of 23 (2591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

can keep some pee in bags to make water bombs, that'l mark ur doggie's territory on someone's face!!! Cool

ezekiel 25:17

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Mar 9, 2007, 4:52 PM

Post #14 of 23 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe...yea lor....then whenever he smells that face, he'll pee there again.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

meerkat35
New User

Mar 21, 2007, 8:23 PM

Post #15 of 23 (2397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it has been a tremendous amount of theft occurred recently. My house is not spared, so we decided to have a GSD. Now that I heard that dogs are being nabbed, my problem will not be solved entirely. Understanding the situation, I will not condemn the police though in spite all the reports made. For our house theft, we caught the culprit ourselves. If we were to wait for the police it might not happen at all. It is better that we Malaysians take a good care of each other, wary of the suspects surrounding our neighbours. We notice that neighbours will not come for help if there are pertaining to robbers, theft etc. The word help or tolong will just vent people away. So my wife and I decided to use the word api/fire. The next time we see people in trouble we'll very much consider to help. Pun intended.

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2007, 6:57 PM

Post #16 of 23 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meerkat35] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm getting a friend who's an NST crime desk reporter to cover a story about dognapping syndicate.

now --- i need to give him people to interview. we're looking for owners whose dog(s) got stolen. remember - STOLEN, not lost.

call me immediately! we need to do the interview TODAY (26 July 2007).

regards,
Deby
012-235 2125
MY Pet Husky Club

niMMan
Novice

Jul 27, 2007, 5:29 AM

Post #17 of 23 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [filet0fish] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I’m [, I'm, In, Inn, Ion,Ian] interested in the NST [, Nest, Next, Newest, Nasty, Night, Nosed] feature. Is it too late already?? My dog, Casper got stolen last month too.. He is mix Pekingese [, peeking, pecking, passenger, pessimist, pessimism,peking] .. very fury and small in size.. i guess most IDIOTIC dog thieves steal dogs that are cute, small n cuddly.

My dog was stolen from our locked gated porch. We usually leave him free in the porch. 2 new cars in the porch were not stolen but our Casper was.. :( He has been with us 8 years. I don’t [don\'t] understand why would someone steal an old dog.. sigh..

Me and my sister ( username : Tindi [, Timid, Tint, Timed, Taint, Tuned, Tend] ) have posted 2 bulletins on this site and other pet forums in search for him. Advertised in NST [, Nest, Next, Newest, Nasty, Night, Nosed] , Star, and few chinese dailies [, dailies, dollies, dallas, dalhousie, dulles, dales] . But nothing. :( Made a police report too.

i read all the replies to your post. i find it really bizarre [, bizarre, bazaar, beggary, bicker, bigger, buzzer] that there are many dog thefts going on in Msia [, Mica, Musk, Mecca,Miss, Mike, Mock] right now. I still don’t [don\'t] get it why???? :(

jeremykl
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2007, 2:32 PM

Post #18 of 23 (1793 views)
Shortcut

hi deby,

how are you? i wonder if my case consider stolen dogs? i mean my dalmatian which been missing aka stolen in puncak jalil.

FrownUnsureFrownUnimpressedUnsure

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Jul 31, 2007, 1:22 AM

Post #19 of 23 (1728 views)
Shortcut
Re: DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry guys... i was too busy going round talking to ppl and didn't check this topic. and sorry to tell you that the news has been published today. hence, we won't be doing anymore interviews.

click www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/National/20070730085227/Article/index_html for the story.

else, read below....

DOGGONE! THEY ARE AFTER THE PRIZED BREEDS NOW!
By: Lee Shi-Ian

PETALING JAYA: There are a new breed of burglars who break into private residences but leave the valuables untouched, the reason ... they take the dogs.
As strange and ludicrous as it might seem, it is true as many pedigree dog owners will testify after seeing "members" of their family whisked away in the middle of the night.

On July 13, Rafiq Seth Muthana returned to his house in Taman Saujana Puchong to discover Stella (German Shepherd) and Myra (Siberian Husky) missing.

"After checking with my neighbours, I found out the dogs were last seen being driven away in a red Honda Jazz by a man," the 27-year-old IT analyst said.

It is learnt the suspect may have staked out the victim’s house for several days to monitor Rafiq and his wife’s schedule before finally making his move.
Varghese Martin Paul, a project manager, said his two daughters were heart-broken when Cierra, the family’s Siberian Husky, was stolen back in April.

"The same suspect came back the following night and attempted to break into my house to get the second dog, a cocker spaniel but fled when I spotted him," Varghese added.

Coincidentally, Varghese is also residing in Puchong.

He lodged a police report over the incident as the suspect fled in a Kia Spectra.

In February, an 8-year-old boy cried bitterly after Tasha, an American Cocker Spaniel he received for his birthday, was stolen in the middle of the night.

His mother, Wang Pin Yong, 40, said she heard a dog squealing in fright before the sound was drowned out by the roar of a motorcycle.

The incident happened at the family’s house in Taman Kaya Baru, Cheras, and she believes the thief had been surveying the area before making his move.

Selangor police chief Deputy Commissioner Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar confirmed that dog-napping cases had been reported in the state.

"We have had reports of pure and mixed breed dogs being stolen although the number is not a cause for alarm," he said.

A dog breeder, who wished to remain anonymous, revealed that the pure breed dogs stolen are often sold to "backyard" breeders who are out to make a quick buck.

"Backyard" breeders are literally unscrupulous people who will send out word that they require a dog of a certain breed and gender.

Once the breeder acquires the dog, it is mated and several months later, the litter of puppies can fetch the breeder up to RM100,000 in revenue.

"There is a rising demand for pure breed dogs especially Siberian Huskies and German Shepherds with prices ranging from RM1,500 to RM10,000 for a puppy," the source revealed.

C.T Leong, a pedigree dog breeder based in the Klang Valley, estimates the canine market to be worth about RM400 million annually nationwide.

"Having been in this business for about 20 years, many Malaysians are attracted to pure breed dogs especially during the dog shows and competitions," he said.

It is learnt that in Puchong, up to 15 dogs had been reported missing in a two-week span this month.

A less pleasant prospect for dog owners is that illegal immigrants steal the dogs to have it later as the main course for dinner.
MY Pet Husky Club

(This post was edited by filet0fish on Jul 31, 2007, 1:24 AM)

filet0fish
Dog Kichi

Jul 31, 2007, 1:28 AM

Post #20 of 23 (1723 views)
Shortcut

guys... i would like to add on to this story.

you guys know that i was the one who got my friend from the crime desk of NST to write about this.

i was there when he interviewed people regarding them losing their dogs. and i was also there when he spoke to the Deputy Commissioner. i was shock to hear that the number of stolen dogs is "not a cause for alarm". to add on what was not reported in the article, the Deputy Commissioner said that in the past 7 months (Jan 2007 - July 2007), there were ONLY 6 reported cases.

if u think about it, it is quite not right. we hear or get emails sent to us about someone losing their dog on a weekly basis! we read in forums that dogs have been stolen. i understand that in some cases, lost dogs are because their owners didn't do a good job in closing the gate after it's opened.

but we're talking about stolen dogs now.

amazingly, these people claim that their dogs have been stolen, but most did not bother about going to the police. people, if your dogs are stolen, PLEASE LODGE A POLICE REPORT!

it doesn't matter if u believe or don't believe that the police will take action. don't just cry your eyes out and paste posters at pet shops, vets, street lamps or forums. go and lodge a police report. and then collect the official report a few days later. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

as long as there are 3 similar cases (in this case, stolen dogs) reported in a week, the Deputy Commissioner MUST BE informed! and actions MUST be taken!

this is a chicken-n-egg story. ppl don't bother about lodging a police report because they "believe" the police won't do anything about their dogs. at the same time, if you keep quiet and don't let them know what's going on, how the heck will they know that there is a syndicate that has been going around stealing dogs?!!

i don't wish for your dogs to be stolen, but the next time you receive an email or phone call that somebody's dog has been stolen, please advice them to lodge a police report.

do this for yourself and for the previous and next person who got their dogs stolen too!
MY Pet Husky Club

estorial
Dog Kichi

Aug 10, 2007, 2:21 AM

Post #21 of 23 (1582 views)
Shortcut

who could this dog nappers be

1) drug addicts / besi buruk buggers

2) someone who may be close to you ..etc your gardener , wireman or plumber

3) those who loiter around sending pamphelets or catologs into your mailbox

4) a total stranger

personally i feel that the police should put a STOP to item no 3 as these ppl are more on the move and always can be seen ...rain or shine ..

LC_Cheah
Novice

Aug 10, 2007, 6:28 PM

Post #22 of 23 (1550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estorial] DogNappers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i now suspect that my dog was also stolen. she was 14 years old - corgi chow mix. very furry. always kept behind locked gates. some other dogs in my neighbourhood also went missing on the same day.

sometimes i think it is also illegal immigrants who steal for dog meat

rikimaru
Novice

Aug 10, 2007, 9:19 PM

Post #23 of 23 (1514 views)
Shortcut

Well i as a police currently serve in the state of Kedah Darul Aman.

I m not sure wherther nowdays society wants to befriend a police anot

but i agreed with filletOfish that all cases should be reported to police which involves criminals or suspicious act of course

I m a chinese and u guys should know lar chinese always say its so sui to go to police station

U cant really expect the police to get the whole police station personel just to look for a dog right

since u all should know lar, melayu dont like anijng also mah

furkids is almost nothing to them but trouble

but if reports about dognapper building up and when someone in the police have to answer for it, they will eventually be more serious about the cases of lost dogs

For all ur info, its free to make any report in any police station

Police are not allow to refuse any report by anyone

I m free to share my view and answer any question if i can

- - - - PROUD OWNER OF Riki ( JRT ) Kepong , KL- - - -

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my