Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 1, 2007, 4:12 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen Can't Post

Hi dear dog lovers out there,

I would really need your help right now..

This morning (around 3-4pm), someone with motobike had climbed into our house (Taman Jaya Baru, Cheras) car porch area and stolen our dog from its cage. As I was awaken by the sound of dog screaming, and neighbour dogs barked non-stop and motobike drove away sound, I didn't expect and realise my dog was stolen.

My gate was locked and wall fencing is 5' tall, gate is 8' tall. I have 2 pets confined inside the cage near our sliding door, but only ACS was stolen, Beagle was left out from its cage.

I plead to all dog lovers in Cheras & Klang Valley to help me find my pet again.

Here are d details:
*Breed: American Cocker Spaniel

*Colour: Golden Brown
*Sex: Female
*Answer by d name: Tasha
*Microchip #: 458098500113700

If there is any news or found near your neighbourhood pls contact me, 012-2022115.

Attached is her pix.

(This post was edited by GSlover on Feb 1, 2007, 10:53 PM)
Attachments: Tasha.jpg (27.4 KB)

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 3, 2007, 10:10 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

I had made a police report, all police officers were laughing at me, what on earth want to make a police report. I told them I am not expecting them to hunt the dog for me, I just want to make it official that this dog of mine was stolen. Someday if I met/found my dog, I can claim her back officially.

I asked the police in Cheras/Kajang, so far did anybody make any police reports on dog stolen case, they told me none.

Geezz....we heard of so many dog stolen cases before, but why these people don't want to report to police? Ya..I know it is a lot of hassle to go from one police station to another. I went 3 police stations to just make one single report!

I'm thinking of advertising my lost dog ad on each home distrbution flyers too in Klang Valley. Hopefully somebody who can give me a tip off about my lost dog whereabout.

I missed my dog dearly....I'm sure she missed me too. I can't sleep well for 3 days already. I went around my neighbourhood within 2km to search for my dog. I don't know what else to do, I had distributed my lost dog biodata to all the vet clinics, pet salon and petshops around my area.

Any other suggestions/methods that I should try which may help to find my dog?

Some people may think I'm crazy, but if you really love your dog as one of your child, you would probably behave as crazy as I am.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2007, 10:13 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSlover] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

ur not crazy... i can understand u, sorry for ur lost, hope u can find him soon

ezekiel 25:17

potter

Feb 8, 2007, 11:05 AM

Post #4 of 11 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you find your dog soon. I am so sorry to hear that but try to keep your dogs indoor. Malaysia is not a safe place for dogs to be kept outside especialy purebreds.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 8, 2007, 8:51 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

2 days ago I went to the Tmn Segar petshop buy dog food for my dogs. So I "kay poh sembang" there with the shop owner. Then one teenage girl came in asking the shop owner how much is the grooming cost and boarding during CNY period. So I overheard their conversation, the girl just bought a cocker spaniel, 1 year+. The shop owner asked the girl to bring the dog so that can determine the grooming price. The girl put down the deposit for boarding and then left.

After the girl left, I told the shop owner please look out for me whether the microchip # is the same like Tasha or not, because the age match Tasha.

Then the next I went to the petshop once again asking the shop owner to give me the address of that girl's home. Because I can't wait till CNY. The ealier I could get back my dog the better right? And I don't have to put the petshop owner at risk, I could say that I brought my beagle Whoopy sniffing around and discover Tasha myself. (If it is Tasha) Otherwise can pretend walking the dog around the neighbourhood.

The petshop owner was kind enough to give me the address, and I went with my son and Whoopy. Unfortunately it wasn't my dog, it is an ECS not ACS. Very disappointed...and sad...

Tasha was my son's last year birthday present. His birthday is coming next week, we have no mood to celebrate.

Our neighbours have many pure breed dogs kept outside the house , such as mini Scnaunzer, chiwawa, mini spincher etc. Only my ACS was taken.

yeen
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2007, 11:04 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1347 views)
Shortcut

i dun think the thieves will only go for purebreed... my dog which i gave to my friend was stolen yesterday early morning... it's mixed breed, but look nice and not big size.... the thief also climbed over the fence and steal... is a chinese guy...Mad i think they will go for cute looking doggie which they feel can sell fast and get the money...

i think there is no way for us to find back the doggie... so many being stolen, but how many of them are found? Unsure who knows the thief also member here... cause the maid who saw the thief, said he climbed in and sayang the doggies. When she screamed, he grab the most good looking one and cao...

GSlover
Canine Addict

Feb 8, 2007, 11:09 PM

Post #7 of 11 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeen] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

He probably mistaken it is purebreed, because it looks quite like cocker spaniel too.

Ya...I agreed the thief is a person who knows dog very well...because he had stolen one of my GSD chain (very good one, hard to find in any petshop nowadays) also.

So...people out there....beware even doggie stuff also not safe to put outside.

yeen
Dog Kichi

Feb 8, 2007, 11:17 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1343 views)
Shortcut

i'm thinking that it might involve some petshops.... and is not only one person doing this... not easy to trap them down, unless everyone co-orperate, report houses or any places which they hear a lot of dog barking... maybe this is where they keep the dogs...

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 7:46 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeen] Help!!! My American Cocker Spaniel Got Stolen [In reply to] Can't Post

Thieves steals what is in the demand. If they know someone is looking for a ACS, he steals an ACS. It is that simple. And yes, the scope is not just limited to purebred. Any cute mix breeds are always on the list because they are easy to sell. The selling factor is they are cute! It is zero cost for them to steal and then sell for a couple hundred to thousands dollars! It is pure profit and its not difficult if your dog is outside! All they need to do is climb in or break some locks.

To GS Lover, I really feel very sorry and I understand how you feel. However, if your neighbours have so many purebreeds kept outside, maybe it is time to at least advise them to keep inside? It doesn't mean that they are safe for this round, they will be safe for the next round.Maybe the thief just can't handle so many dogs at one time or he is using a motorcycle or he is just looking to stealing one so that he can leave the place as fast as possible.

I really urge everyone to be careful with your dogs. It might seem like it will not happen because you have a tall gate, etc etc but once it happens, and you can't find your dog..it is very very heartbreaking. Train your dogs to use a litter box in the house so that they won't 'go' in the house. Train the males not to mark if they do mark. Prevention is better than cure especialy when there is no cure.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

yeen
Dog Kichi

Feb 15, 2007, 1:55 AM

Post #10 of 11 (1282 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i heard my friend said you can trace your dog through the microchipped. Maybe you should go ask your vet.

lantiserette
Dog Kichi

Feb 15, 2007, 10:27 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Hi GSlover,

Sorry to hear that u've yet to find ur baby. I posted for my friend some time ago abt a Chinese Crested. He adopted from this forum but lost it after 2mths. But that was his own irresponsible actions. Anyway, abt the same week when he lost the doggie I did come across an ad in adpost malaysia of a Chinese Crested for sale. I didn't know he lost it then. A week later when I found out from him, I quickly went n check the post again but the seller replied my pm n told me the doggie was sold.

I'm still suspicious bcoz it's very rare to find CC in Malaysia. N the doggie for sale was also a male, no picture, with MKA, claims the parents r imported n selling for rm3K. However the seller said its 5mths but my friend's dog is definately abt 1yr abv. How coincidental can it be? Someone selling a very rare dog on-line abt the same time my friend lost his. Asked the seller if they can inform me if there is another litter since she/he claimed the parents r imported coz I was looking for a female CC for myself. The reply was "I don't think there will be another litter". ?? The seller is not a regular on adpost. Well, there is no proof, so maybe my suspicion could be wrong all together.

Anyway, I think u should also try checking on-line to c if anyone is selling ACS. I will try to surf around too, just in case.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my