Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug

andrew_mei
Dog Kichi

Dec 26, 2006, 6:13 PM

Post #1 of 10 (1743 views)
Shortcut
Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug Can't Post

Hi All!!!,
I really need some advised from everybody. I got a 1 year old Female Pug and recently I Adopted a 2 years old neuter Pekingese for my Pug cause i think she need a companion when ever everybody is out for work.
The problem is the Pug is afraid of the Pekingese and the Peke is very aggresive toward the Pug so it make the Pug afraid of the Peke and i realised that the Peke is so Bosses cause nowdays (Peke) taking all the spot that the Pug use to hang out and sleep. example....every morning the Pug will climb up the stairways half way and wait for me and my wife every morning without fail once our maid release her from the cage.....so one day me and wife didn't see the Pug at the stairways but we saw the Peke and the Pug is at the sofa lying with a sad look on her face and usually the Pug will follow us till the gate and stay till our car is gone from her eyes sight but nowdays she will just stay put at the sofa only and my wife started worry for the Pug. Cause the Peke is taking over everything from the Pug...Pity Puggies!!!
So plssssssssssssss help and advised what should i do.
And btw did pug and peke get along well?

Regards,
3A...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2006, 12:36 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andrew_mei] Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i hv no idea if peke and pug can get along well...but i think shud b able too coz even dogs n cats can get along well if they are introduced to each other in a correct way...

normally dogs will fight for dominance. n if your pug is not the dominant type where else peke is, then it'l b very fast for the pug to give in n follow peke.

well....last time when i first brought home my shih tzu, my poodle will show displease to the shih tzu. both will even fight for their ranking...n eventually poodle wins (i think) coz ever since then, my shih tzu will look to poodle for almost everythg except for food..hahahahahaa

but mine is a bit diff cause i bought poodle first n i will prefer if my poodle is more dominant than shih tzu. so everythg i do, i do it with poodle first n follow by shih tzu..so very quickly, they know their ranking n now they are the best of frens dWink

it's kinda good in a sense that your pug give in now instead of them fighting...but of course u hv to show that u still love ur pug.

so if it's okay for u that the peke is more dominant, then u can just leave things as it is. at least they don fight.

but just remember that watever things u do, do it for both of them.

hope this helps...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

andrew_mei
Dog Kichi

Dec 27, 2006, 1:50 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jess,
Actually I been trying out all sort of matters that i know......i been trying out the matter that you advised but it still doesn't work....as what you said maybe my Pug is giving up the status of BIGGIE ...hai~~~ but she (pug) will get jealous when ever we tap or play with the Peke so me and wife a bit confusy now whether she(pug) really giving up or she just jealous....hai~~~~...
But me and my wife decided to let the Pug be the BIGGIE and the Peke be the TINY cause what me personally feel that the Pug really cheers us up more than the Peke cause the Peke will just wait for us to tap or play with him but the Pug will just act like a clown to grap attention from us that is a plus point for her Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2006, 2:16 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1724 views)
Shortcut

in the world of doggies, there must always be the alpha male & the alpha female. u are the alpha male & ur missus is the alpha female, u must let the doggies know this fact. i agree with jess's suggestion on doin things with which doggie 1st cuz it does make a difference. however u do have a pair of female & male doggies rite? so therefore the male peke will eventually take over the throne of alpha from ur female pug. the female ug will also generously give her seat to him. cuz in the animal hierarchy, that's the way life is to em. the males rule. however, u can show more affection towards ur female pug, do special things with her that u guys have been doin before the male eke came along. in order not to make the male peke feels left out, give him his own special toys or treats...
good luck & keep us updated ya Frown

ezekiel 25:17

andrew_mei
Dog Kichi

Dec 28, 2006, 12:01 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Vinoviruz,
Actually i been trying to use this trick on my Peke but everytime when we tap or play or carry the pug he will definetly run towards us and show a sad face Frown
but i notice some changes already cause according to my maid both of them trying to near to each other when ever they taking afternoon nap Frown

regards,
3A

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 28, 2006, 1:07 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1705 views)
Shortcut

hehehee..dats a good progress...hv to give them sometime to get to know each other. well..if u try to pat ur pug and your peke barge, tell him to wait. after u finish patting your pug, then only call peke....both of them are trying to grab your attention and love. it takes time for them to know that you actually love both of them.

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2006, 2:22 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1692 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Vinoviruz,
Actually i been trying to use this trick on my Peke but everytime when we tap or play or carry the pug he will definetly run towards us and show a sad face
but i notice some changes already cause according to my maid both of them trying to near to each other when ever they taking afternoon nap

regards,
3A

maybe u can try this, it will take some time but have patience ya:

get a specific toy for each: say toy a for pug & toy b for peke. play with only pug with toy a for abt 2~3 mins, then swap toy b & play only with peke for the same amount of time (2~3 mins) if the other dog wanna grab attention ignore it & cont playin with the other one. this is to intro to em abt waitin their turns. (note: both the toys must be kept after playin, no leavin on the floor freely for em)

it will come to a point when once u grab a certain toy (say toy a, ur pug will come automatically to play) still the peke might wanna intrude, well jz ignore but remember to swap toys & doggies (make sure it fair for both) when u feel they understand the concept more, its time for u to swap toys against the doggies. now it should be toy a for peke & toy b for pug, it will be a little hard at 1st but trust me, with patience, u'l see the results (this is to train em to share their toys) when u see em improvin with this exercise u'l notice they know u luv & care for both of em equally (provided u share the same amount of time for each doggies)

good luck & keep us updated ya

cheers

andrew_mei
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2007, 6:07 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Help Needed!!!Pekingese & Pug [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,
Good News!!!now my pekingese is accepting my pug already but my pug is still scared of him(peke). But nowdays the Peke will wait for the pug to make a move before he will make a move example.....playing toys, eating, going out to the porch.....heheheFrown
How to train the pug not to scare the peke? Frown
regards
3A-T

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1669 views)
Shortcut

u cant train a doggie not to be afraid towards another doggie, but with ur luv & care towards both of em, u'l soon see that they'l live happily & in harmony together

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 10:53 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1638 views)
Shortcut

Eliminate the jealousy from your Pug by spending some one to one time so that the pug knows it is still special to you. As for the fighting for the alpha ranking, you can either sort it out for them or let them sort it out themselves and in this case, most probably the Peke will be higher in rank. If you want to have Pug as the boss because you have had it first, train them by getting both of them to sit in front of you thus you are the top alpha, and give treat to Pug first and then the Peke. Same for when you feed them, get them to sit first and then put down the food bowl for Pug followed by for Peke because you are setting their hierarchy for them. Good luck and keep us updated.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my