Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Hard to train my puppy

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 14, 2006, 10:32 PM

Post #1 of 17 (10310 views)
Shortcut
Hard to train my puppy Can't Post

Hi, I have a puppy name BOBO, 3mths old. BOBO very naughty, active, playful & cute.

I only able to train her to 1) sit 2) poo & shi shi on newspaper...

whenever i ask her to sit, she will listen IF she saw my hand holding FOOD) otherwise... very hard..

please help me to solve my problems:-

1) not come to me if i say 'COME'. (unless food in my hand).

2) she alone during day time till i off work at 5pm (i let her walk around at hse) .. after poo, she will eat a bit n play with it plus newspaper... Pirate.. so, when i reach home, i need to clean the floor (daily).. but if i'm home, i able to take away the newspaper n poo ... plus sometimes, she will go to my praying area there play around... Frown

3) i try to play with her, but SHE BITE & LICK MY HAND.VERY PAIN OHHHHH MY HAND N FINGER ... she really want to bite me or play with me??

4) she sleep at my room at night. even thought she is sleepy, BUT she wan me play with her first till she tired then only wanna to sleep. (i massage her body to make her stop playing)... is it wrong to massage her... otherwise she is play at least half hours till she tired then sleep... Pirate

How to make puppy sleep from night till next morning. as my puppy will try to climb my bed to disturb me if she wake up at mid might....

Please please help me..

It is advisable to enter her at Puppy Obedience Class before its too late ???

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 14, 2006, 11:12 PM

Post #2 of 17 (10308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gtara_ec] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi, I have a puppy name BOBO, 3mths old. BOBO very naughty, active, playful & cute.

whenever i ask her to sit, she will listen IF she saw my hand holding FOOD) otherwise... very hard..

1) not come to me if i say 'COME'. (unless food in my hand).
most training will start with food. until ur pup is accustomed to it, u still need to use food. and since ur pup is still so young, u'l definitely has to use food to lure her.

2) she alone during day time till i off work at 5pm (i let her walk around at hse) .. after poo, she will eat a bit n play with it plus newspaper... Pirate.. so, when i reach home, i need to clean the floor (daily).. but if i'm home, i able to take away the newspaper n poo ... plus sometimes, she will go to my praying area there play around... Frown since she is so young, it is not advisable that u let her roam around freely without supervision. u hv to limit her space until she is fully housetrained.by leaving her with newspaper for the whole day, definitely she will go and eat n chew the newspaper while waiting for ur return.

3) i try to play with her, but SHE BITE & LICK MY HAND.VERY PAIN OHHHHH MY HAND N FINGER ... she really want to bite me or play with me??pup at this age needs to chew and bite a lot. coz of their growing teeth.so she might b playing and biting u at the same time too.u hv to teach her not to bite ur hand. give her toys to bite instead. each time she bites you, say 'OUCH' and 'NO' and stop playing with her. but continue playing again in about 1-2 mins time. repeat it many times.

4) she sleep at my room at night. even thought she is sleepy, BUT she wan me play with her first till she tired then only wanna to sleep. (i massage her body to make her stop playing)... is it wrong to massage her... otherwise she is play at least half hours till she tired then sleep... Pirate massage is okay for them. i love to massage my doggies too

How to make puppy sleep from night till next morning. as my puppy will try to climb my bed to disturb me if she wake up at mid might.... errr..normally they won sleep the whole nite thru like us human...wat did she do? bite ur toes?

Please please help me..

It is advisable to enter her at Puppy Obedience Class before its too late ???yes.u shud enrol her for OB class after she is fully vaccinated. at least give u a better idea on dogs behaviour and how to train them correctly

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 14, 2006, 11:29 PM

Post #3 of 17 (10305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

BOBO wake up at night, she wan play with me.. she will make 'cry' sound if i ignore her.. so, i will wake up to massage her

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 14, 2006, 11:58 PM

Post #4 of 17 (10301 views)
Shortcut

aiyo...like dat ah......try to ignore her lo...coz if each time she cries and u wake up and entertain her, she will think that it's is ok to cry.

but first few nites, i'm sure very tough la..but no choice lo....or u may leave some toys for her so that she can play by herself at nite

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

dysentery
Dog Kichi

Dec 15, 2006, 12:53 AM

Post #5 of 17 (10300 views)
Shortcut

my dog now 10 months de still cry everynite lo . i put him at the cage down stair .

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 1:00 AM

Post #6 of 17 (10299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dysentery] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

oh really ah? still hvnt solve the prob ah? so u put him downstairs, does he cry very loud or not? no choice lo..i think after sometime he will get the idea that cry oso no use...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

candy7421
Dog Kichi

Dec 15, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #7 of 17 (10295 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jessica,

i'm a new user... from Jb ....can i join ?

dysentery
Dog Kichi

Dec 15, 2006, 7:24 AM

Post #8 of 17 (10291 views)
Shortcut

hihi,

yeah .. he cry very loud and very long also sometimes until 1 minute like so cham dunno wat happen...

zzzzzzz sometimes i so tired just ignore him >.<

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 15, 2006, 7:58 PM

Post #9 of 17 (10288 views)
Shortcut

u stay at aparment/condo or house?? as i stay at apartment.. i cant let my puppy cry or make noise mid of the night. ppl will complaint me.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 8:40 PM

Post #10 of 17 (10286 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
she has all the healthy traits of a puppy
more will come with ur persistency & patience
whenever i ask her to sit, she will listen IF she saw my hand holding FOOD) otherwise... very hard.. pups are driven by somethin, this somethin can be food, treats, a special toy, a hug, a kiss. by knowin wat will drive em around, u will find out the weapon to trick train ur doggie effectively

1) not come to me if i say 'COME'. (unless food in my hand). never say "bobo come, come, pls come, i said come here bobo, here bobo, come" instead try this, try to have little treats handy behind u, get ur pup's attention (she'l look at u) say it clearly only once "bobo come" with treat in hand showin to her. if she doesnt come stop the callin wait a while & try again. however if she comes before u treat her, praise her 1st. u must always let her link comin to u is somethin good for her (treats, toys, happy praises) never turn ur doggie away after callin her to u. never call her to u to punish her (she'l link the punishment & callin, next time she wont come to u cuz thinkin she'l get punish)

2) she alone during day time till i off work at 5pm (i let her walk around at hse) u can try crate training her, wait till she's older & u can leave the crate door open for her.. after poo, she will eat a bit n play with it plus newspaper u use newspaper to potty train??? never use newspaper la... Pirate.. so, when i reach home, i need to clean the floor (daily) with crate trainin, u only need to clean the crate Cool .. but if i'm home, i able to take away the newspaper n poo ... plus sometimes, she will go to my praying area there play around... u need to determine a set of rules that every family member in the hse must abide to no matter wat. if she's not allow on the bed, never allow her on the bed. if she eats at the kitchen , it must always be at the kitchen, fr here u can strictly confine her fr goin to the prayin area (te choo kong???)Frown

3) i try to play with her, but SHE BITE & LICK MY HAND.VERY PAIN OHHHHH MY HAND N FINGER ... she really want to bite me or play with me?? uve got ur hands to hug her, she's got her mouth to hug u. u need to curb mouthin behaviour fr early stage otherwise later she grows up ur hands are gonna break. get chew toys for her as her gums will be itchy during these ages. during playtime, every time she bites u, yell, ouch loudly, stare her in the eyes & said "no bobo" then leave her alone walk away. after few minutes only come back to her & continue playin

4) she sleep at my room at night. even thought she is sleepy, BUT she wan me play with her first till she tired then only wanna to sleep. practise a fixed time for ur doggies to sleep, off the lights, say goodnite, leave her lie on her bed & u sleep, if she plays around, leave her alone, she'l sleep once she's bored with the lights off (i massage her body to make her stop playing)... is it wrong to massage her... its only wrong if u want her to sleep but u still entertaining her, if u watnt her to sleep, dont even touch, call, look at her otherwise she is play at least half hours till she tired then sleep... Pirate

How to make puppy sleep from night till next morning. like babies, they'l tend to wake in mid nite. like i said. u need to set a sleepin time for her as my puppy will try to climb my bed to disturb me if she wake up at mid might.... ignore her if she wake at nite, she'l probably wanna relieve herself then will go back to sleep ade

Please please help me..

It is advisable to enter her at Puppy Obedience Class before its too late ??? u can start her OB once she finishes her vac jabs good luck cheers

ezekiel 25:17

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 15, 2006, 9:07 PM

Post #11 of 17 (10282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
she has all the healthy traits of a puppy (okok, understood)
more will come with ur persistency & patience
whenever i ask her to sit, she will listen IF she saw my hand holding FOOD) otherwise... very hard.. pups are driven by somethin, this somethin can be food, treats, a special toy, a hug, a kiss. by knowin wat will drive em around, u will find out the weapon to trick train ur doggie effectively (will start practive tonight)

1) not come to me if i say 'COME'. (unless food in my hand). never say "bobo come, come, pls come, i said come here bobo, here bobo, come" instead try this, try to have little treats handy behind u, get ur pup's attention (she'l look at u) say it clearly only once "bobo come" with treat in hand showin to her. if she doesnt come stop the callin wait a while & try again. however if she comes before u treat her, praise her 1st. u must always let her link comin to u is somethin good for her (treats, toys, happy praises) never turn ur doggie away after callin her to u. never call her to u to punish her (she'l link the punishment & callin, next time she wont come to u cuz thinkin she'l get punish)

2) she alone during day time till i off work at 5pm (i let her walk around at hse) u can try crate training her, wait till she's older & u can leave the crate door open for her.. after poo, she will eat a bit n play with it plus newspaper u use newspaper to potty train??? (yes, as i thought its a correct way, but now regret, as i need to mop floor n needs lots of newspper ohh,,, how to change of the way now !!! ) never use newspaper la... Pirate.. so, when i reach home, i need to clean the floor (daily) with crate trainin, u only need to clean the crate Cool .. but if i'm home, i able to take away the newspaper n poo ... plus sometimes, she will go to my praying area there play around... u need to determine a set of rules that every family member in the hse must abide to no matter wat. if she's not allow on the bed, never allow her on the bed. if she eats at the kitchen , it must always be at the kitchen, fr here u can strictly confine her fr goin to the prayin area (te choo kong???) yes, u r correct, she play with the 'pray paper' infront of te choo kong.. . i now very worry, she will go near te choo kong there.. (Earlier more funny, b4 she sleep, she will play for awhile - she bark infront of te choo kong --- so, i told te choo kong not to disturb bobo Blush, so now she stop bark infront te choo kong) Frown

3) i try to play with her, but SHE BITE & LICK MY HAND.VERY PAIN OHHHHH MY HAND N FINGER ... she really want to bite me or play with me?? uve got ur hands to hug her, she's got her mouth to hug u. u need to curb mouthin behaviour fr early stage otherwise later she grows up ur hands are gonna break. get chew toys for her as her gums will be itchy during these ages. during playtime, every time she bites u, yell, ouch loudly, stare her in the eyes & said "no bobo" then leave her alone walk away. after few minutes only come back to her & continue playin (OKOK)

4) she sleep at my room at night. even thought she is sleepy, BUT she wan me play with her first till she tired then only wanna to sleep. practise a fixed time for ur doggies to sleep, off the lights, say goodnite, leave her lie on her bed & u sleep, if she plays around, leave her alone, she'l sleep once she's bored with the lights off (i massage her body to make her stop playing)... is it wrong to massage her... its only wrong if u want her to sleep but u still entertaining her, if u watnt her to sleep, dont even touch, call, look at her otherwise she is play at least half hours till she tired then sleep... Pirate (if she wake up mid night, she will try to climb to my bed, n cry.. need my attention)... then i will bring toys for her.. n she play awhile , n continue sleep.

How to make puppy sleep from night till next morning. like babies, they'l tend to wake in mid nite. like i said. u need to set a sleepin time for her as my puppy will try to climb my bed to disturb me if she wake up at mid might.... ignore her if she wake at nite, she'l probably wanna relieve herself then will go back to sleep ade

Please please help me..

It is advisable to enter her at Puppy Obedience Class before its too late ??? u can start her OB once she finishes her vac jabs (wat is vac jabs ?? Blush)good luck cheers Millions of thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

dysentery
Dog Kichi

Dec 15, 2006, 9:11 PM

Post #12 of 17 (10282 views)
Shortcut

i stay in house lo.. now my dog even know how to open the latch until his hand bleed. my bf told me i dont believe he know how to open but when i saw the blood stain on the latch . i was surprise .

hmm just want ask out of curiosity.. is it true that dog can see things?

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 15, 2006, 9:45 PM

Post #13 of 17 (10279 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i stay in house lo.. now my dog even know how to open the latch until his hand bleed. my bf told me i dont believe he know how to open but when i saw the blood stain on the latch . i was surprise .

hmm just want ask out of curiosity.. is it true that dog can see things?

I'm sorry, i'm not able to answer u, as i not sure. i got my puppy 2 months only. now she 3 months already...

hehehehe

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 9:51 PM

Post #14 of 17 (10279 views)
Shortcut

(yes, as i thought its a correct way, but now regret, as i need to mop floor n needs lots of newspper ohh,,, how to change of the way now !!! ) go back to basics, wait till she pooe or pee, pee=use cloth (the same cloth everytime), poo=use toilet paper. take the pee or poo to the place u want her to do business, take her there & let her smell her stuff there, leave the poo & pee there for a while with her there, seh'l soon learn that its ok to relieve herself there, if she does it right, remember to praise her no newspaper as if u leave papers on the floor, she'l think its ok to poo pee yes, u r correct, she play with the 'pray paper' infront of te choo kong.. . i now very worry, she will go near te choo kong there.. (Earlier more funny, b4 she sleep, she will play for awhile - she bark infront of te choo kong --- so, i told te choo kong not to disturb bobo Blush, so now she stop bark infront te choo kong) Frown like i said earlier, u need to define to her wat are her boundaries that she cant cross, have patience & persistence in training, be consistent, she'l learn easily without confusion

(if she wake up mid night, she will try to climb to my bed, n cry.. need my attention)... then i will bring toys for her.. n she play awhile , n continue sleep. do not entertain her in mid nite otherwise, she'l get used to wakin u up in mid nite to play, no matter how irritating the whinin & cryin, jz ignore her

(wat is vac jabs ?? Blush) vaccination jabs??? u know??? do u get prevention jabs for bobo??? Millions of thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss no problem Cool

gtara_ec
Novice

Dec 15, 2006, 10:03 PM

Post #15 of 17 (10276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Hard to train my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
(yes, as i thought its a correct way, but now regret, as i need to mop floor n needs lots of newspper ohh,,, how to change of the way now !!! ) go back to basics, wait till she pooe or pee, pee=use cloth (the same cloth everytime), poo=use toilet paper. take the pee or poo to the place u want her to do business, take her there & let her smell her stuff there, leave the poo & pee there for a while with her there, seh'l soon learn that its ok to relieve herself there, if she does it right, remember to praise her no newspaper as if u leave papers on the floor, she'l think its ok to poo pee, (okok, will try tonight)... i will try bring her to toilet.

(if she wake up mid night, she will try to climb to my bed, n cry.. need my attention)... then i will bring toys for her.. n she play awhile , n continue sleep. do not entertain her in mid nite otherwise, she'l get used to wakin u up in mid nite to play, no matter how irritating the whinin & cryin, jz ignore her will try, but i really worry if she cry loud as i stay at apartment.... but will try try try........

(wat is vac jabs ?? Blush) vaccination jabs??? u know??? do u get prevention jabs for bobo??? (hehe,, yes yes. today will bring bobo for the 3rd injection)... Millions of thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss no problem Cool (want ask one more question... 1) should i shout or beat bobo if she bite my room's stuff??? as my sister shout & beat her if bobo try enter her room... so now bobo dont dare to enter my sister room.. but bobo not listen to me.. if i say NO. she will pretend sleep. then after around 15 min, she will repeat doing it !!! my sister said, i should shout her loud loud so tat bobo takut !! IS IT TRUTH???

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 15, 2006, 10:46 PM

Post #16 of 17 (10271 views)
Shortcut

will try, but i really worry if she cry loud as i stay at apartment.... but will try try try........ if u dont be strong now, when she grows up, continue to cry , whine & bark every nite how??? wont that be worse??? so curb the problems now since young, & u'l enjoy the fruit of ur lablour when she grows up

(hehe,, yes yes. today will bring bobo for the 3rd injection)... only bring bobo out once she's finished with her vac jabs (want ask one more question... 1) should i shout or beat bobo if she bite my room's stuff??? as my sister shout & beat her if bobo try enter her room... so now bobo dont dare to enter my sister room.. but bobo not listen to me.. if i say NO. she will pretend sleep. then after around 15 min, she will repeat doing it !!! my sister said, i should shout her loud loud so tat bobo takut !! IS IT TRUTH??? i lazy type ade la, u can read my post in ur other thread, i replied u there Cool haha LOL

Forever
Novice

Dec 8, 2010, 3:37 PM

Post #17 of 17 (8519 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Can you share with me how you train your puppy poo & shi shi on newspaper? Aa i am trying to train my puppy.

Thank you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my