How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2007, 10:45 AM

Post #76 of 77 (8742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, sometimes the dog eats its poo due to boredom. My dog used to do that she would eat her poo, checked around and found out sometimes if not stop early will become a habit. Dog sometimes eat thier poo due to certain protein or mineral they lack in thier system, and for some reason the poo has it??? this I am not so sure la but experts says it *I dun really agree*

I stop my poo eating dog with

1. Being extremely stern with her when she eats her poo

2. Gave her plenty of toys to bite and chew *This I think stop the poo eating, perhaps it tired her mouth hehe*

3. I changed my dog food to higher protein *this was when she was around 2months* how she is 1 year already

So far so good no shit eating..already. Hope this helped.Cool

sharonthg
Novice

Mar 8, 2007, 10:10 PM

Post #77 of 77 (8681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mykiko] How to prevent my shi tzu from eating poo [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Jessica,

..... Im glad she stop eating poo and hope she will maintain lor.... The enzymes tablets called BIOTASE, 56 tablets for RM28. Im not sure whether can get it from retail outlet or not cause i got it from the vet.

Last time she will poo 3 to 4 times in a day but now she only poo twice a day, one in the morning and one in the evening.

That day Kiko accidently swallow a rubber band tat i use to tie up her hair in the afternoon, i was so worried and was hoping she will poo it out. In the evening she was playing and scratching underneath the sofa then she swallow a big piece of cotton without me noticing it. And after few hrs later she vomit everything out..... Crazy

hi,

My poodle used to eat his poop everyday... tats make me headache,i had consulted 2 vet, they said the same thing ... its thier habits..n try put tobasco , salt to make them annoyed.... bt.. still ... he is very smart..he eat it when no1 watching him n he can tell the poop is added any extra flavour or nt... glad to know there is such enzyme.. n i found out that i gt such enzyme at home as well, also named BIOTASE: Enzymatic Digestant, bt its for human la... nt for pets... so is your enzyme tablets packaging also like tat? (Plz review my attached pic) n how long you need to fed KIko the enzyme for him to completely stop the habit? is he stop the habit ald? thanks for the info...
Attachments: Resize of IMG_0980.JPG (57.9 KB)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my