Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 10, 2004, 7:55 AM

Post #1 of 14 (17966 views)
Shortcut
Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases Can't Post

What constitutes cruelty, neglect, abuse?

Failure to provide adequate food, water and shelter constitutes neglect. The use of physical force sufficient to cause injury to an animal constitutes abuse. Abuse and neglect to animals constitutes cruelty.

How will you know when to report it?

You only have to suspect an animal is being neglected or mistreated in order to report it to the humane society. It is helpful if you look at the following conditions closely before you call to report:
  • Is the animal not being fed, or is the animal fed out of your sight (perhaps food is being placed inside the dog house)? Is the animal not receiving water or is the animal knocking over water immediately after the bowl is filled?
  • Does the animal have appropriate shelter from wind, rain and sun? Is shade available for hot weather? Does size of the shelter fit the size of the animal? Too large or too small is not appropriate for proper care.
  • Is the animal's coat shiny or dull with hair missing? Are his/her eyes clear and bright or dull? Does the animal appear energetic or listless? Hair missing, dull eyes and listlessness can be signs that one or more problems exist.
  • Remember not to alter the conditions the animal is living in before calling the humane society. If you feed or water the animal for example, it will be difficult to determine neglect of the animal when the officer arrives. When assessing the animal's condition, be sure not to put yourself at risk. We encourage you to contact the humane society instead of attempting to remove the animal yourself.
If you wish to report a case of animal abuse, be prepared to give the following information:
  • Your name, address and phone number.
  • The exact address/location of the problem.
  • The nature of the problem -- Is food, water or shelter being denied? Is the animal being beaten? You must know the conditions.
  • What kind of animal is it?
  • All information that you have regarding the owner. The owner's name at the very least, if possible.
REPORT ANIMAL ABUSE/ NEGLECT/ CRUELTY CASES. TAKE ACTION. YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE.

CALL SPCA AMPANG AT 03-4256 5312.

(This post was edited by ai_ney on Mar 10, 2004, 7:57 AM)

A Friend
Dog Kichi

Mar 14, 2004, 7:53 AM

Post #2 of 14 (17935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

What can SPCA do for animals that are owned by people and abused by their owners? I have a back neighbour who is always beating their pekingese dog with a stick. It hurts me everytime I hear the dog yelping in pain.

--------------------
SHERMAN YL KUEK
Father to Charis & Chayim

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 14, 2004, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 14 (17933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A Friend] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

it depends on the situation... after u have reported the case, the spca officer will investigate... serious cases could end up in court... spca has the right to take the animal and place in spca temporarily until the case is closed...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Sweetie_Bruno
New User

Nov 18, 2006, 9:35 PM

Post #4 of 14 (15821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

The other day one of the horse trainer's dog ran off and didn't come when she was called. So she allowed the other trainer of the stable to 'discipline' her dog. He took a jumping crop (which is for the horse), took hold of the dog's collar, and began to beat it over and over again, using the handle which is the hardest part of the crop. It broke my heart to see such a thing happen and even more to hear the poor dog yelp and cry out. Is there anything the SPCA can do for such actions? I've only seen this happen once, but the man whips the horses he trains and i have a feeling he has done this before as he said before he started to beat the dog to it's owner, "Let me bash her up this time." Can I report something like this though the dog itself has no physical injuries?

egretaus
Novice

Nov 25, 2006, 4:47 PM

Post #5 of 14 (15792 views)
Shortcut

is it true that no matter how cruelly the owner or the people done to the animals they only will be sent to jail not more than a moths if they get into guilty? Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 13, 2006, 12:50 AM

Post #6 of 14 (15710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sweetie_Bruno] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

aiks, pardon me, have not been checking this thread for a while...

i would think that it would be hard to bring this case up if there is no physical injury to the dog... there's no evidence... but then again i may be wrong... to get more details, do call spca ampang...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 13, 2006, 12:58 AM

Post #7 of 14 (15709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egretaus] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

the penalty given to animal abusers would make any animal lover scream for justice... to know more about the animal ordinance in malaysia, visit www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp and help by signing the petition...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 3:45 AM

Post #8 of 14 (15589 views)
Shortcut

ai_ney..

i can sense that there's no animal right done by our gov.

my fren from US told me if a person goes to jail cus he mistreats his dog, he might end up in jail for few mths to few years. depends on wat he did and how cruel.

tat of cos, is hapen in a country tat respects animals.

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

kaykay
New User

Nov 25, 2007, 2:40 AM

Post #9 of 14 (13685 views)
Shortcut

There is a attachment of the puppies.

please help me out here.

I'm currently living together with my grandparents.

These are the 3 puppies born long not ago.

I dunno what my grandpa gave them to eat because they are going bald very fast.

I dunno what to do because my grandfather wont listen to what I say.

My parents are not stopping him either.

I'm very helpless here but it hurts me a lot seeing those poor puppies in this condition.

Please help me contact the authorities or whatever that can help.

Address:

12,Jln Dedap 26,Taman Johor Jaya,81100 Johor Bahru,Johor.

My grandfather's name is Mak Chow Yon.

I couldn't contact the spca johor bahru hotline07-2263808.

(This post was edited by kaykay on Nov 25, 2007, 2:46 AM)
Attachments: ¿ÉÁ¯.jpg (47.8 KB)

steffy1811
K9 Kaki

Nov 25, 2007, 6:58 PM

Post #10 of 14 (13673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

In the US, ppl are not worried about how long they will be in Jail. The bottom line, they dont want to create a police record at all. The minute u got a record, doesnt matter whether u spend 24 hours in jail or not, that record stays with you wherever u go. To rent a place, apply for phone line, credit cards, loans and even a job, all their application forms, one of the line is "Do you have a police record?"

Traffic offenses like no license, no insurance, breaking speed limit will not put u on the police record. The fella just give u a ticket and off u go and wait to be summoned to court. The minute the police reads out ur right to remain silence and bla bla bla bla, u're almost screwed liao. If u're charged, whether it's a fine or jail, u're a convict already.

My classmate last time rather break him arm from jumping 2 storeys high rather than getting caught for drinking under 21. He rather break his arm and be in a cast for months than to have a police record. That's the system there and ppl fear it.

If u're a first time offender, of cos u don want to be in the record at all. It will haunt u for the rest of ur life. If u already have a record, of cos u better wish they don put u in jail together with the hardcore offenders. Betul sia sui mannn.... ppl go in for a guiness record of the most point blank shoot out and u go in for starving ur dog. That's like a insult to the hardcore offenders.... Tongue

Then again, like u said, that is a country where they dont treat dogs like dirts. They may be experimental subjects and all, but most of them are loved and treated with the basic animal rights. Even the homeless and poorest of the nation will share his/her only piece of bread with their pet dog.

*Rascal's Philosophy "Will give the world up for a good nap"
Gizmo's Philosophy "Mine Mine Mine. All is MINE. Sharing is caring..? Whats that?"

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 26, 2007, 11:06 PM

Post #11 of 14 (13635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaykay] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

it is really sad to see the puppies balding and kept in such a small cage... Frown

if i'm not wrong, there is no more spca in johor... pls try calling noah's ark lodge, i'm not sure if they can help, but at least they are in johor and there is still hope... www.noahsarklodge.com/

otherwise, i hope an animal lover in JB reads this and could help the suffering puppies...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

hailey

Nov 30, 2007, 12:40 AM

Post #12 of 14 (13558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

aihhh....remember the case in Subang Jaya,..forgot the dog's name. Have to put to sleep. Owner how ah?..Get fine only..what the..

they should be treated the same way as how they treat the dogs. Whip them man! If they do not love animals why on earth do they keep them. apa lah..

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 14, 2007, 1:06 AM

Post #13 of 14 (13309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hailey] Reporting Animal Cruelty, Abuse, Neglect Cases [In reply to] Can't Post

as cheap alarm system lo... Mad

Sookie's Photo Gallery

voyagerlim2001
Novice

Dec 17, 2007, 8:10 AM

Post #14 of 14 (13240 views)
Shortcut

If i'm the government, i definitely will enforce a new rule saying that those who abuse their dog will receive punishment by getting abused the same way their dog got abused by them.

For example if they starve their dog for X days, they should be starved for X days also. If they beat the dog until injured, they will get beating until injured too.

These people need to be put a STOP.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings

Please visit my website at http://voyagerlim2001.multiply.com/

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my