Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Need advise: Hardening of the pawpad. Could it be canine distemper?

cerena98
Novice

Nov 21, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #1 of 2 (732 views)
Shortcut
Need advise: Hardening of the pawpad. Could it be canine distemper? Can't Post

Hi,

Would like to get some advise here.

Fyi, my 3 years old shih tzu's pawpad has always been soft like baby skin, but has sinced become hardened and rough...its not smooth anymore after he got in contact with friend's shih tzu (whose pawpad is also hard and not smooth).

Am kind of worried that he might be having canine distemper as one of the signs is hardening of the pawpad and he seems more lethargic nowadays. However, my shih tzu's appetite is still the same and his vaccination against canine distemper record is up to date and his next distemper vaccination is only due in Feb 2007.

Any idea if I should bring him for vaccination now or should I wait till his next vaccination is due to vaccinate him?

Also any advise on how to soften my shih tzu's pawpad to the condition it was prior to this? Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2006, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 2 (721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cerena98] Need advise: Hardening of the pawpad. Could it be canine distemper? [In reply to] Can't Post

dogs pawpad r not meant to be soft like baby skin...onli puppy n dogs who alwiz spent time indoor on tile floor will had soft pawpad....

when u bring ur dog outdoor n walk on rough surface, their pawpad will turn rough n hard....

as for d vaccination, juz wait till d date comes....no need to rush 4 it...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my