Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Train pee poo in condo

carriepg

Nov 14, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #1 of 10 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Train pee poo in condo Can't Post

Hey guys,

can any of you teach me how to take care of my dog in an condo? I am staying in a double storey house so my dog always go out to the house compound and poo but now since i am shifting really soon to condo, how am i suppose to train her to pee and poo in the condo toilet? She is one yr plus amd another one is about 5 yrs old. Please help!!! THANKS!!

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 14, 2006, 8:58 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carriepg] Train pee poo in condo [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

actually it is the same as how you train your dog to pee/poo when you are staying in a landed house. Guide her to the toilet and when she does her business there, praise her like you've won urself a jackpot!!!!

it is very important that the moment you bring her into your new house, bring her to the right spot to do her business..then your training will b easier...

however, be prepared that having dogs in condo might b more smelly compared to landed house...you might need to buy air freshener or pet odur removal.....or make sure that the air ventilation is good enough...and as for the toilet, i will suggest that you clean up as soon as they have done their business...else it will be very smelly...trust me..

i guess at the beginning, you might find it a hassle but soon you will get used to it...Sly

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

carriepg

Nov 14, 2006, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Train pee poo in condo [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm...i am gonna get headache soon hahah. thanks yaa

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2006, 12:51 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1359 views)
Shortcut

hi,

hehehehehe..yeah yeah....i'm sure u won b used to it esp you are staying in a landed house now and moving to condo...

i'm not used to it to when i first have my puppy even though all this while i hv been staying in condo...

the smell, n everything else...but with consistent cleaning, everything is fine...but just make sure the management at your condo allow dogs...coz some dont

HAPPY MOVING!!!

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2006, 6:57 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1356 views)
Shortcut

ya, u r right. staying in condo with furkid is really troublesom. my toilet very smelly ler....can onli clean & wash at nite coz i dunwan my benjamin get wet wet ler...by the way, warm water can clear the smell.

Benjamin, my baby boy 4ever

www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com (updated on 13 Nov)

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

carriepg

Nov 15, 2006, 4:28 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1353 views)
Shortcut

hey,i tried yesterday night she was ok but just now before i leave the house for work she started making noise like she wanna come out to pee outside like how we used to be but i can't cos i need leave for work so i only can do it at night. I really find it weird for her. I donno shud i keep her or give it away. I try to put her in toilet and ask her to pee but she didn't pee. I am having a big problem i don't want her to start doing it all over the house but how ?? My mom took her back to my old house because there are still things there so we can still keep them there but kesian that the house nobody there la. I actually having 2 pekes and 1 pom. I am trying to keep the pom and the 2 peke no choice gotta give away.SIGHFrown

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 15, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1352 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i guess it's just a matter of 'getting used to it'..perhaps your dogs are not used to the new environment. i suggest that you don give up your dogs so soon...give them some time to get used to the new house...as much as we need to adjust ourselves to our new home, the same applies to them as well...

if i'm not wrong, all your dogs are >1year old? if they are, then theire ability to control their bladder will be better. i will suggest you to let them pee once before you go to work (i.e when they wake up in the morning) and another time after you come back from work.

as for me, i trained my puppies to pee/poo in toilet too. and when i go to work, i put them in my room (actually they sleep with me in my room). i just put the playpan at the door of my room. so they cant go out from my room but can still see outside lo...n i leave the toilet door slightly open. so they can go to toilet anytime of the day. but it really depends on where you keep them when you are away.

the reason your dogs are making noise when you are going to work might be due to she doesn;t wan to be locked up...when u were in landed house, you crate them when you go to work or they can roam freely?

pls give them sometime to adjust themselves to their new home and new routine...don give up on them so soon ya!

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2006, 2:49 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1342 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

uve got some problems there cuz ur dogs wont be able to understand why u put em in the toilet la...

go read my posts at terrier group jrt zone i have few suggestions on how to curb ur problems...

good luck

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 21, 2006, 8:39 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1323 views)
Shortcut

Plant a lawn in your toilet or on your balcony lah. Then she will sure pee pee poo poo there.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 3:13 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Train pee poo in condo [In reply to] Can't Post

renovate ur toilet into a drinking bowl, the tiles to jap grass then some red earth & mud for ur furkid to have a jolly good time

ezekiel 25:17

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my