Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help

kennyoce
Novice

Nov 17, 2006, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 12 (7120 views)
Shortcut
Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help Can't Post

Hi all. I started to feel lost on toilet train. My dog (MS, 8 mths old) this morning pee on sofa, need to clean up till im late to work and last Monday Poo on my mom's bed. I admit that I don't put 100% effort into toilet train because previously i put concentration on her skin and mite issue but occasionaly i did try various way to train her. Like put a tray, soak her pee or poo with newspaper, and put on top of the tray. Scold her, punish her when she pee/poo wrongly, bring her to the correct location. Cage her after meal hope that she will pee/poo,wait her pee/poo only let her out (no outout). But above all wont work ( at the moment)

Know why? Because her pee/poo time is very very very irregular and unpredictable. So, many people said, dog will have output 1) When wakes up, 2) After meal, 3) After play 4) Before sleep. But my dog WONT, after she wakes up say 6am or 7am something, we feed her. Then cage her sometimes up to 10-11 am only got output. OR after feed her, 30 mins later let her out from cage....she will pee/poo fast like lightning, u just turn around for not more than 10 sec, she already did it there. Same as dinner, sometimes soon after you feed her, within one hour, she will poo. But sometimes poo at midnight, sometimes NO output at all until the next morning. She also dont like other dog, sniff around and turning circle when want to pee (so we can observe). She can like while playing with us, jumping and pee at the same time. OR she can like you command her sit, she sit there, BUT when she is up, the floor is wet.

I also want to put my effort for weekend like monitor her 24 hrs IF her time is regular like other dog apply to the 4 conditions above. But sometimes i monitor from 7am to 10am she also no output. What can i do? I really cant monitor her 24 hrs and dont do my thing right? I plan to use my weekend (this sunday) whole day again to monitor her though her schedule of pee/poo is so unpredictable. Just waste my weekend to train. Thats the only way. Though i still not lost patien to her as im still loving her buti already feel the vain (from family member nagging me). =_=

Already 3 months with us. ANyone have similar experience (in this case, irregular pee/poo time) and able to overcome it? Will I confuse her if I train her pee/poo on some tray AND also cage? By the way, I stay in Condo.

(This post was edited by kennyoce on Nov 17, 2006, 7:03 PM)

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 21, 2006, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 12 (7105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennyoce] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Your method is wrong liao.

Dogs will try not to soil their sleeping quarters. You're working against your dog's instincts by making her pee pee and poo poo in the cage. That's why she will hold until you let her out, then immediately let go. Designate an area away from her cage for her to pee pee and poo poo and bring her there immediately after her meals and immediately after she gets up in the morning. You must be consistent and bring her there all the time.

And yes, if you can, set aside a whole day, or a whole weekend to monitor her all the time.

kennyoce
Novice

Nov 22, 2006, 3:14 AM

Post #3 of 12 (7100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi, thanks for the reply. Yeah, the other method is I put a tray beside her cage. But same thing occur, immediate after meal OR early morning. She also dont want to pee/poo on the tray. She will smell and go away (i did soil some cloth,newspaper with her pee/poo and put on the tray but wont help). Thats why i said, very irregular. What else I can do to make her ON SCHEDULE and regular?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 22, 2006, 3:40 AM

Post #4 of 12 (7098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennyoce] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

You need to move the tray AWAY from the cage. The puppy doesn't want to go on the tray because it's right next to her sleeping quarters. Her instinct is to leave her pee pee poo poo far away from her sleeping quarters.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 24, 2006, 8:01 PM

Post #5 of 12 (7089 views)
Shortcut

dont fret, have patience. the methods suggested to u is correct ade but u jz need consistency

ezekiel 25:17

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 25, 2006, 12:09 AM

Post #6 of 12 (7080 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yeah...vino is right...u just need to be consistent and be patient oso.....don worry.....everyone thinks their dogs are sooooo difficult to teach...i think that is very normal...

anyway, as for the method taught (the 4 criterias u mentioned)..that is the general guideline..and usually applicable esp when they are younger (say 2 mths old).dogs are not robots...they don necessary pee/poo 30 mins-1 hour after meal/wake up/play. even we don do it so regular...so same goes to dogs....

my girls oso the same....sometimes the very minute after meal...sometimes, wait till next day...

and even though i trained her n i am sure she knows her pee/poo place...she still occasionally makes mistake (i think my girl got seasonal mood wan) so, hv to be patient lo.....and continue training lo...

some dogs purposely do mistake just to get our attention if we don give them enough...coz that's the time,we will scold them (but to them, we are talking to them laWink)..this might also be one possibility...

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

dreamworks
Novice

Jan 27, 2007, 10:28 AM

Post #7 of 12 (6972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem too. Wink The exact same problem. And I have 2 MS. First is 4 months old, Second is 2 months old. And they do exactly the same as you mentioned. Even I also stay in apartment.

But I found out 1 thing. No matter what I do to teach them business in toilet, they will ALWAYS go out to the balcony to POO and PEE if the glass door is open. Unsure

Strange but true.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2007, 8:47 PM

Post #8 of 12 (6967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamworks] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

ur balcony is the 1st option of business area while the toilet is the 2nd option. eliminate the 1st option & ur doggies will have no choice but to go for the 2nd option

cheers

dreamworks
Novice

Jan 28, 2007, 3:59 PM

Post #9 of 12 (6959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha .. how to eliminate? During normal weekdays when we are at work, I would usually close the main glass door due to rain.

Once the door is closed, the 2 little "monkeys" will start to do their business everywhere as they desire. Frown

Now, if we are out, they will be locked straight into the toilet to ensure they learn first. Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2007, 2:52 AM

Post #10 of 12 (6950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dreamworks] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hahaha .. how to eliminate? eliminate as in prevent his access During normal weekdays when we are at work, I would usually close the main glass door due to rain. wonderin if u can jz leave the glass door open slightly??? dunno abt the crime rate at ur place though??? Crazy

Once the door is closed, the 2 little " eys" will start to do their business everywhere as they desire. use the 2nd business area option, take his pee/poo & leave em in the toilet for him to smell & sniff... pretty soon, he'l learn the 2nd area ade...

Now, if we are out, they will be locked straight into the toilet to ensure they learn first. Crazy if u do that, be extra careful not to put it as a punishment in his eyes...if he thinks ur punishin him by puttin him in thr, he'l nvr pee/poo thr again... cheers

dreamworks
Novice

Jan 31, 2007, 7:00 AM

Post #11 of 12 (6945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Irregular Pee/Poo time, how to train? Help [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that was wat happened. Both of them refuse to do it in the toilet unless they cannot take it anymore.

Otherwise, they will just not do it. Unsure

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2007, 1:37 AM

Post #12 of 12 (6938 views)
Shortcut

now u know ur kinda punishin him by puttin him in the toilet, so uve gotta learn to unleran ade haha Laugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my