Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

abbyying
Dog Kichi

Jul 30, 2005, 8:51 PM

Post #1 of 27 (4124 views)
Shortcut
Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? Can't Post

hi there ??

I bought a female MS on 9 july now is 3 month how do i train her to go toilet ah ?????????

now he pee poo any where she wan . i try to train her pee poo on the newspaper some time she pee poo on top but most of the time not Frown lagi teruk she eat the newspaper some more Mad so i cant put newspaper to let her pee poo anymore Frown

she eat the newspaper will make her sick bor ??? so worry la Frown

so how to train my MS to go toilet pee poo ???

HELP HELP !!!!

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 25, 2005, 5:57 AM

Post #2 of 27 (4023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbyying] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownabbying

hey, wonder have u successfully trained ur dog? any updates? Smile

Frown

Regards,

Yang

abbyying
Dog Kichi

Oct 25, 2005, 5:01 PM

Post #3 of 27 (4014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
abbying

hey, wonder have u successfully trained ur dog? any updates? Smile

leecy

hi i areally successfull trained my noti dog . she now pee poo on newspaper out side the toilet lo Laugh but now she having ears and skin problem the skin problem is coz i too much bath her heheheeh 1 week 2 Laugh now doctor says cant if u wan 1 week too cant 1 time use shampoo to bath 1 times use water only then is ok lo heheheh Laugh

dunno why she very scare about the bunga api ........ ppl play that she feel very scary Crazy hari raya and depavali soon now i dunno wan to do lo Crazy

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 31, 2005, 5:17 AM

Post #4 of 27 (3985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbyying] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Try this shampoo. Very gentle... Saint Francis Natural Pet Care shampoo by aristopets... I'm now using the oatmeal shampoo recommanded by my friend. Very gentle and doesn't over dry the skin. Can be used on puppies and kittens too. One bottle cost around rm17. Oatmeal shampoo keeps the fur condition and stimulates the skin to not over dry but produce more natural oils. It's formulated for dry and sensitive skin animals.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2005, 5:37 AM

Post #5 of 27 (3984 views)
Shortcut

hi there.. i'm new.. i got my male puppy on yesterday, he is only 9 weeks old... i always put a newspaper outside his cage, in the morning i let him run around in the kitchen, but he's hyper active.. he don't want to make business on the newspaper. but when my girlfriend around, he will pee and poo... so my gf grab him to the newspaper and let him pee and poo...

how do i train my pug to pee and poo at the same spot huh? headache now... i try to use the newspaper that he pee... and put it at the same location, but the little puppy still go to other place to pee.... how huh? please kindly advise.. thank you..

by the way, why he always lick his pennis? is it infected or is normal?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 31, 2005, 7:17 AM

Post #6 of 27 (3983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coolio_2005] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Your puppy is young. I suggest you train your pup to use the newspaper for a few days, constantly monitoring. You see, you cage your puppy. To toilet train a pup, you have to understand that a pup will pee and poo after it wakes up from sleep, after food and before sleeping at night. A puppy can pee every4 hours.

What you should do is every time after meals, bring your puppy to newspaper and say comman like "toilet" or "pee". Say on and on till your puppy do it. After successfully doing it, praise your pup, give pats on the head and treats. Never play with your puppy during toilet time. It takes a pup to get the feeling about 10 minutes after eating. You have to be consistant. If you fail to be consistant, your puppy will learn very slowly.

A puppy is like a baby, they need to be reminded, they cannot remember so fast. please be patient and do not scold or shout or hit the puppy when he has done something wrong coz his mind doesn't know what is right or wrong now.

Your puppy lick his penis, is it every time or after he pee? Dogs are clean animals and will clean their private parts after doing their business. If he licks it everytime, like every 10 minutes or every half hour, there maybe something irritating him and you should help your pup check it and maybe wash it. If you notice the skin is red, swollen or yellowish discharge coming out, go to vet fast coz maybe infection.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 31, 2005, 7:36 AM

Post #7 of 27 (3982 views)
Shortcut

abbying

it is very normal, most dogs are afraid of explosive noise, & u must becareful during festival, i mean extra careful especially make sure the house is escape prove or else ur dog might run away.

but my dog totally opposite, will go & chase after the sound & bark, very brave dog! hehe..

Regards,

Yang

abbyying
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #8 of 27 (3964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coolio_2005] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

oh dun worry he still a puppy. u have to teach him and every time tell he where to pee poo lo, u must set a place where to pee poo every day so very time he will go there to pee & poo . mine 1 i teach her for very long time lo around 2 months lo Crazy fist time i ask her to pee poo in toilet she dun wan coz she like to sleep in toilet hahaha Cool now she pee poo outside toilet i put nespaper for her . now no need to put also she will go there pee poo hahaha Sly but some time she will go toilet also dunno why maybe she saw ppl go toilet lo Laugh

lick he pennic is ok 1 dun worry , if ur puppy most of the time lick he pennic then better take ur puppy see vet lo

abbyying
Dog Kichi

Oct 31, 2005, 7:31 PM

Post #9 of 27 (3963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya lo leecy u are right . wah ur 1 very brave lo but mine 1 Frown

i have dinner between depa and hari raya so no 1 at home lo . i ask my bf come to my house take care of her hehehehe Laugh coz she very scare lo Laugh

she very noti la ppl bising she will scold ppl 1 lo aiyo Crazy

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Nov 2, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #10 of 27 (3944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the advise, at least now my puppy know where to do his business. i put all the newspaper around his private area, so each time he wants to start business, he will run to the newspaper area and sometimes the target was not 100% accurate, but at least 75%. hahahaha...

i did used a wet clothe to wipe his face and clean his paws and body after doing his big business. hopefully everything will be better....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #11 of 27 (3934 views)
Shortcut

Ohhh... that is good to hear. Not accurate also nevermind, for now, he knows where to do and that is the goal. He will learn later when he is older.

JustineBiBi

Mar 19, 2006, 9:10 PM

Post #12 of 27 (3669 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Just brought in a MS last week. He's about 2 months named Austin. He's very naughty and super active! He's my "lao-er". Now, trying to train him to go toilet (the same place with my BiBi, paper trained). I observe him and try to show him and bring him to the correct place to pee and poo... but, he refuses. He'll walk away and pee and poo anywhere instead of on the newspaper...

Besides, the first 2 days I brought him in... I'll leave the 2 furkids freely roam the house during my working hours. (as BiBi will always freely roam during my working hours) But, Austin will makes a lot of mess by tearing the newspaper and also bully BiBi (Shih Tzu, 2 years old ++... pulling his coat!) and pee and poo everywhere and caused the whole house smelly!!!Unsure The really make me very angry with Austin... How am I going to let Austin know what he can and cannot do in patience?? (mayb I'm not patience enough?)

ivanyee
Novice

Jul 12, 2006, 8:48 PM

Post #13 of 27 (3318 views)
Shortcut

hihi....can u tell me how u train us MS pee & poo in toilet?? my MS so nauthy....she pee & poo everywhere in my house & if i giv her a newspaper,she will bite it until the newspaper koyak!! Unsurecan u giv me an opinion how to train it?? thx u!!!

iOrson
Novice

Aug 8, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #14 of 27 (3259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanyee] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

all puppys are same, my MS same too, pee n poo everywhere, paper training is not working.... at 1st every morning n evening i will let him out n do his business at outside, but i don really want him always in the cage so i start retrain him pee poo inside house.... as usual, pee n poo everywhere he like.... now only can manage to control his poo at certain area, but still pee everywhere.... have to be patient alot to watch our dog... always scold your dog when doing wrong, neverr hit him/her, else he/she will get dislike u oh....
My 1st Puppy - Cody Frown

bkslee
Novice

Oct 15, 2006, 9:28 AM

Post #15 of 27 (3018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iOrson] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah! i got my wife a MS today! She very Cute! only 7weeks old, at first reach home she quite shy n scared but after some cleaning n brushing... wola! become very frenly ler... very playful, chasing me all over the house. Playing with my leg...wakaka... she pee 3times today... notti fella.... must train her to pee in toilet too... I cant let her sleep in living hall, scare she terbalik my hall. so let her sleep in the cage first. anyway we bought her a huge cage..Frown which i know is no good for her... when she grow older then i might consider sleep in hall is she behave. Must start train her pee n poo now... good behavior must craft from young ma.. TY for the advise... I love my MS, i call her MINI. LOLZ Frown
My dearest Minnie

gofey
New User

Nov 16, 2006, 1:31 AM

Post #16 of 27 (2925 views)
Shortcut

Hi leecy,

i having trouble with my mix breed puppies 3month old, she sleep in my room every night cause she will make noise if alone outside my compound and she do pee near the newspaper when at night which i put near her cause i had to tie her or else my room become world war 3, but when outside my compound she will simply poo and pee which not on newspaper, any how i can train her because toiletry is da main problem for now, i do shout or beat her b4 but i so feel bad, so please do advice me, Thank You

Regards,

gofey

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 16, 2006, 5:01 PM

Post #17 of 27 (2920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gofey] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi gofey,

just wondering...have you just gotten your puppy or she has been with you for a month d? if she has been with you for a mth d and all this while you have been letting her sleeping in your room (which you don wan), then of course she will make noise when you leave her outside to sleep.

if she is new to your house and u don plan to let her sleep with you, then for the first few nites, let her sleep outside. ignore her even if she bising. soon she will get the idea that it's no use for her to bising.

but personally, if can, i would like to sleep with my doggies la...which i did!Wink

err..wait wait....you tie her up when you are sleeping? i think better don...you will run into the risk of she being strangled by the leash....since she is still young n not fully toilet trained, you can crate her. she will make noise initially but like i said earlier ignore her when she make noise...but once she keep quiet, praise her...

as for the training part. you have to be consistent. at nite, crate her. but before going to sleep, let her pee first lo..use a consistent command and a fix place for her to do her business. after she did her business, praise and reward her. the first thing in the morning, let her out from the crate, and bring her to the toilet place and do the same again....

pls remember that puppy so young will need to do business frequently...after every meal, after play, before sleeping and after waking up...when she did something wrong, it is not advisable that you beat her. if you beat her, she will be confused as to why you beat her each time she pee/poo...and then she might do it when you are not around which will only make matter worse. if she did it wrongly, you can scold her.show your displease and if can, bring her to the rite place. if she does it correctly, then praise and reward her...

just remember to be patient and consistent during the training...i'm sure your puppy will soon get the idea.Smile

HAPPY TRAINING YA!

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

syrineting
Novice

Nov 16, 2006, 9:24 PM

Post #18 of 27 (2915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi hi.. i am new member here.. had brought Min pin last year july until now still cannot train her to do poo and pee at newspaper.. tired.... anyone can teach me... i heard min pin very hard to train ...

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 16, 2006, 9:44 PM

Post #19 of 27 (2913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [syrineting] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

wow...dat means your min pin must be 1 year plus d....you have to be consistent in the training. pls refer to my thread above (addressed to gofey) for the training...in fact you can find a lot of tips in the forum under Housetraining.

to me, there is no such thing as which breed is harder to train...every dogs are trainable..it really depends on how consistent and effective the trainer isSmile

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

gofey
New User

Nov 16, 2006, 10:45 PM

Post #20 of 27 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank jessicaohh, i did try not to tie her when at my room but end up my handphone charger and my dictionary gone case, erm..i took sofia back around 2week time and i did try my best to teach her and having pressure from my family as well -..-" due to toiletry problem, she is a good girl when in my room cause she will sleep but will bite thing as well. i tried to keep her outside but due to her voice is trible loud causing alot problem to me later which might cause neighbour do something bad, she only pee in my room which she will tolerance poo till i put her outside but not outdoor -..- when everytime i bring her go out she wont make any businness but once come back in compound she will do it zzz. i tried use hand command to teach her quiet and sit but seem not really successful because she totally ignore it and crawl up to me -..-" or she will just turn aside and bite the cardboard which i prepare for her to sleep and put newspaper around her at a side for pee althrough is not accurate sometime but yet she used to go there to pee but not when i put her at outside compound or outdoor

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 17, 2006, 12:26 AM

Post #21 of 27 (2907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gofey] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

instead of tying her, perhaps you can consider of crating her. crate her when you are sleeping or not around.

yeah..i understand..this is perfectly normal...when i hv sasha (my first time too) and i hv pressure from family...furthermore, i am staying in an apartment!!! so by having a dog, things really chg...well...first of all, if the dog pee/poo everywhere in the apartment, the smell will b even worse than landed house...but now, everythg is back to normal d...

but you just cant rush thing...hv to teach her consistently and patiently. just always remember that dogs by nature won pee/poo at their sleeping area unless no choice. so monitor her routine (you'l soon know when she wans to pee/poo) and bring her to the right place to do it...praise and reward her when she did it right...

as for teaching her to sit...did you give her treat? you have to use treat or her fav toy...practice it esp during meal time...i'm sure she will obey u when she is hungry...make sure she sit before you give her food, toy, play with her or do anythg with her....

everytime she bite things, say a very stern 'NO' to her..and then guide her to do other things...you have to teach her 'NO' as this is essential so that she knows the rule of the house...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

princess_8
New User

Nov 21, 2006, 9:01 PM

Post #22 of 27 (2875 views)
Shortcut

abbyying.

i have a silky terrie. She also like to peeing and pooing in my living room.when she finish eating, i put some newspaper in the toilet to let it poo and pee so that the toilet won't get dirty.But she keep biting and chewing the newspaper.

And when i leave her in the toilet about 2 hours,u know what has she do???

The answer is she sleep in the toilet without peeing and pooing!!! Laugh

But now i always train her when she wants to poo or pee,she must go into the toilet.

Just From:

Ivan (Princess owner)

artful
Novice

Nov 27, 2006, 2:38 AM

Post #23 of 27 (2842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [princess_8] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

what if i never use newspaper to train my pup to pee & poo.....which is better use newspaper or not.....currently im teaching my little poodle without using newspaper....normally he need to smell deeply only he can get back his spot.....

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 5:27 PM

Post #24 of 27 (2837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [artful] Help ! Help! How to train my MS pee poo in toilet ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

not necessary to teach using newspaper...i guess it really depends on the owner preferance....whichever way you think is cleaner and more convenient for you to do the clean up.

like me, initially i tried using newspaper too....but my poodle will always try to bite and chew on it...so i trained her to go to toilet instead...easier....coz can wash away faster...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

artful
Novice

Nov 27, 2006, 8:55 PM

Post #25 of 27 (2836 views)
Shortcut

jessicaohh

thanks for your advise....yah you a right

so i trained her to go to toilet instead...easier....coz can wash away faster...

but he always step on his own pee pee...and walk around hmmm...."dirty".....so i will try out the WIZDOG....do myself so he will never step on his pee pee poo poo.....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my