Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Socializing, playtime, tricks and things....:
How to calm him down...?

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 14, 2006, 9:35 PM

Post #1 of 5 (8108 views)
Shortcut
How to calm him down...? Can't Post

I always would like to train Goofy to SIT, HAND, ROLL OVER or other commands...but he just get tooooo activeCrazy...for the time being, i just got him to SIT (which i have mistaught, his SIT is actually DOWN)Blushhe won't calm down to let me show him the ways i want..whenever i tried to pet him down to get his attention, he'll just love to play bite my hand...or even who ever who wanna play with him, he'll treat the same..this sometimes make my family members don't feel wanna play with him..i know he's being friendly and fun but this behaviour of him makes me hard to teach him more..when i try to teach him HAND, once i try to pick up his hand, he'll play bite again!!Mad

plz do anyone have any idea?

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 7:23 PM

Post #2 of 5 (8101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] How to calm him down...? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, u need 2 calm him down when u wan 2 teach him a new command....n d best way is calm a dog down is too get him tired off a little....consider bringing him a walk 1st before starting on training session....

after he had calm down, he will listen 2 d owner better.....n consider doing d training session b4 feeding him any food....a dog tat is hungry will focus more on d treat that u hold...

n after he had learn d command correctly....then no matter how hyperactive he is, he will oso do it for u...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

goofydip
Veteran

Nov 16, 2006, 10:04 PM

Post #3 of 5 (8093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How to calm him down...? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsurei've got another problem now, friend...the more i play with him, the more he get active...there is no tired in his dictionary i thinkCrazy....coz i played more than 1 hour running up n down...playing pouncing which he love most...at last i was the one who get tired...

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

babybenji
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2006, 8:46 PM

Post #4 of 5 (8090 views)
Shortcut

Play some games that does not requires you too much of your energy. E.g. play fetch ball or fisbee. That's how I get my GR to tired out. I just sit down and throw the ball/fisbee. He catch or fetch it and return to me. We can go on until he is tired.

Benji's Blog
http://babybenji.blogspot.com

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 21, 2006, 6:28 PM

Post #5 of 5 (8075 views)
Shortcut

benji had offer a good suggestion 4 u....

n try out using d food method...let him get hungry 1st....

n when he's too hyperactive....try to ignore him n ask him to sit n calm himself down in order 2 earn 4 d treat...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my