Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Benjamin just dont like it. HOW??

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? Can't Post

Frown hi, my boy just dont let me cut his nails...its easier to cut his nails when he was small but now this big boy just dun let me do it, he bite. how? any recommendation?

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2006, 1:47 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

i used to have that problem with zeus, wat i do is cut his nails while he's sleeping... so he'l tend to jz laze around & let u do watever. if ben wakes up halfway feelin agitated, make sure u have a small treat waiting so soon he'l knows after cut nails sure got treats...good luck Tongue

btw zeus started buffing his own nails when he's abt 6 mths old, i dont do it for him anymore till today...

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2006, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown hi thanks for ur reply

I try to do it when benjamin was sleeping, no matter how sweet his dream was, he will stil wait up & try to bite me & the nail cutter. He is reallllyyyy snensitive to this, even i gav him treat...he just wun concentrate on the treats onli....

Ben is a indoor dog. so no place for him to buff his own nails but he love to dig on the marbleCrazy

irenec
Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2006, 11:35 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Hi zen,

Firstly you'd need determination, perseverance and lots of patience This is one area that takes me ages with my dog. At times if I'm lucky enough, I get to cut all of them in one go. Otherwise, I'll have to be contented with few nails at a time Crazy

It's funny why a lot of dogs don't like their nails to be cut. Perhaps they do feel the sensitivity. Maybe you'd like to try cutting Ben's nails after bathing. His cuticles would be softer and he'd feel less discomfort (if that's the reason for his resistance).

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 12:10 AM

Post #5 of 11 (1342 views)
Shortcut

hi,

same here...i tried nail cuttings when my girl is sleeping...well..when she sees the nail cutter, she won let me touch her paw anymore...she will just scream!!!!! just like when i brought her for vaccination...even before the vet touch her, she will scream d...aiyoyo...

i brought her for grooming before and the groomer told me that she will try to bite her when she tried to cut her nails..so hv to use muzzle instead...but other than nail cutting, everything else is fine with her...

i oso pening, pening

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 2:32 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1338 views)
Shortcut

same with my dog... i had to resort to sending her to the vet to get her nails cut, everytime... Crazy

if you have 2 person at home, then i suppose u cud get the job done yrself... 1 person to hold the dog, put yr body weight on the dog so that they can't struggle much, and also at the same time scratch the dog's tummy or behind the ears to comfort them... and 1 more person actually doing the nail cutting job... this is the same method used by the vet to cut my dog's nails coz she really struggle a lot A LOT! if u r not sure of this method, u may ask yr vet to do it for one time and then hopefully u can learn and do it yrself next time... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2006, 8:20 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ai_ney, thanks for ur reply.

Hmm...mayb i should try ur method. I just dunno y he hate it so much. dun like take bath, dun like cutting nails & dun let me clean his ear as well...dirty boy Crazy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 9:07 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1328 views)
Shortcut

hahaha... dirty boy! Laugh yrs is still a puppy right? easier to make puppies get used to all these grooming routines... my old girl susah abit, but luckily it's just nail cutting that is a problem with her, bathing and ear cleaning are easy... Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 9:43 PM

Post #9 of 11 (1325 views)
Shortcut

hi there,
u can try another way...max up his exercise make him tired he'l be able to get a good sleep, dogs usually dont bother much wat u do to em anymore once they trust u, so u can try cutting the nails again while he's asleep...good luck
btw...wat colour are his nails???black or transparent white??? cuz uve gotta be careful with black nails cuz u cant see the veins

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 11, 2006, 8:54 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? [In reply to] Can't Post

yalo...mine mostly black...oni a few white....so usually when i am playing with her...i will see the black nails...mark which one need to cut d...n when i hv the opportunity, just cut that nail...so sometimes hor, only manage to cut 1-2 nails at a time niaFrown

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 11, 2006, 9:15 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] Benjamin just dont like it. HOW?? [In reply to] Can't Post

if ur dog have black nails, cut em small pieces at a time till u see the veins end. then u'l be able to estimate the veins & wont cut till it bleeds

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my