i am trbl ... need help

Carole Tan
Novice

Oct 2, 2006, 9:46 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2840 views)
Shortcut
i am trbl ... need help Can't Post

Dear Readers/Members

Recently i moved to an apartment in Greenlane, Penang and i have my baby with me , Benji the mini pincher.

Just wanna check are dogs allowed in apartment ? My upstairs neighbour is complaining to the management that Benji loves barking ..(. Excuse me ... which dogs doesnt bark ; they just dont understand the bond we have with out babies )

Benji dont really bark all the time ... i mean non-stop ... she just loves barking when she needed attention :)

So i unleash her nowadays when i am at home .

Anyone have any idea... is really dogs not allowed in apartment living?

I will check on the Deed of Mutual convenants this evening .. when i recvd it from my lawyer.. If there is a clause that dogs are not allowed... can they really take action on me ? or my cute Benji ...?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2006, 1:23 AM

Post #2 of 13 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carole Tan] i am trbl ... need help [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, apartment, condo n flat.....do not allowed dogs...

usually d management juz 'close 1 eye' if they know that ur having a dog...

but if some1 happen 2 complaint....there nothing u can do...u gotta settle it wit d neighbour urself....tell them that u'll look for d solution n hope they can tolerate n understand ur situation.....buy them some gift is needed too....

since u know d main cause of ur dog barking prob.....u gotta find a solution for it... dun wait until they ask d authority to take away ur dog...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 3, 2006, 1:29 AM)

Carole Tan
Novice

Oct 3, 2006, 9:14 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] i am trbl ... need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Amanda , many thks for the info. I believed i have no choice... need to made frends with my upstairs neighbour then.

thks again

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 4, 2006, 12:56 AM

Post #4 of 13 (2793 views)
Shortcut

Check the Deed of Mutual Covenant. Most such documents will have a clause about pets, but you never know. You should also get to know the management people. There will probably be other people in the property with pets and they know about this and the residents know they know and they know the residents know they know. As long as no one rocks the boat, it's smooth sailing. The management could probably be just as reluctant to do anything as you are loath for them to do anything. Try and sort this out amicably with the neighbour as well as the management.

Carole Tan
Novice

Oct 4, 2006, 9:25 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] i am trbl ... need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear PangurBan

Mthks.. in fact to my surprise in the docs i found that animals .. and pets are not allowed in my apartment. and guessed what ? This is including birds

thks

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2006, 1:53 AM

Post #6 of 13 (2770 views)
Shortcut

hi all,

im from pg also. in fact, most apartments & condos in pg doesnt allow dogs. esp if ur place got lots of the "other race" ppl. if u know wat i mean. if got these ppl around, take extra precaution on ur dogs, ive heard these ppl even tried poisoning our dogs. but greelane should be ok though, most chinese live there. best is to get a lnaded property in a chinese community, whr all ur neighbours also got dogs... haha Smile

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Oct 5, 2006, 2:59 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoh, bird ohso don't allowed, so chaam.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #8 of 13 (2718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] i am trbl ... need help [In reply to] Can't Post

yalar birds got bird flu ma but have u heard of dog flu meh???Sly

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Oct 31, 2006, 8:22 PM

Post #9 of 13 (2675 views)
Shortcut

hi carole,

have you solve ur problem? now come to think of it, i didn;t even notice if my deed did mentioned anythg about having pets..hmm...will check it out tonite....

i stayed in apartment too and i hv 2 dogs...in fact quite a number of ppl in the apartment has pets at home...

like wat the rest have advised, guess it really depends on the management and the ppl you live with..but i'm quite surprise as i tot there are lots of chinese at greenlane...hmhmhmhm

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Carole Tan
Novice

Nov 1, 2006, 6:29 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] i am trbl ... need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Jessica

Guessed What ? My upstairs neighbour is Chinese ... I think it is not the race that counts all this.. In fact my colleague a muslim loves dogs ( ? ) ... at least he loved seeing dogs ( without touching and very curios about dogs )...

Correct me if i am wrong , ppl who dont like dogs are those ppl who dont have dogs and dont appreciate a doggy companion in her own area ( home ) or his/her neighbourhood. It is hard to let them realised the "warmest / feelings " we have with our doggy .

As a " responsible neighbour " .... i will try to reduce Benji Barking ....

Carole Tan @ Penang

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2006, 2:01 AM

Post #11 of 13 (2643 views)
Shortcut

hi carole,

not as a responsible neighbour, but as a responsible dogs owners, we must be able to control our dogs no matter whr they are, pick up a book or search the net for info on dogs, or better still send ur dogs for OB

good luck

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 11, 2006, 8:58 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2629 views)
Shortcut

yeah.....actually it depends on ppl..i know of a muslim fren who loves dog too.....n u r rite...it's so hard to make those 'non dog lovers' know the warmest feeling that our canine companion give us...

coz i was once like them too....don understand why ppl could love dog so much until i hv my own....

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

hennychang
Novice

Jun 2, 2007, 12:59 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2424 views)
Shortcut

hi carole,

i am from penang too. i like mini pincher but i don like the voice when they bark. sory no offend . my friend breed this type of dog they want to give me the puppy. i always joke with them. if u find a puppy pincher doesnt bark or sound, that dog is mine :) the reason y i dont like the sound of this dog , when they bark the tone is too high. when we came back from work sometimes stress if they bark u know what i mean.

my neighbour and i have dog but not apartment, i had 1 opposite have 4 and another 2, and back 2. they do bark some times cat or ppl walk in our area, all the dog sing all the way, lucky most of our dog bark in nice tone, at least we can overcome the problem for so many year. no ppl complain.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my