Hello and Good Day everyone!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 8, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 40 (667 views)
Shortcut
Hello and Good Day everyone! Can't Post

Hi everyone. This is gonna be a suprise to everyone, why? Because I do not own a dog. Well, the thing is I'm really interested into getting a pup, so before I go get one, thought of learning a thing or two here, so that I'm really ready getting one, another words, this is gonna be my Fortress Of Solitude, I mean I'm gonna learn as much as I can so that I won't be an irresponsible dog owner. Is it possible to join you guys here even though I do not own a dog?? I'm really serious about this but I'm still thinking on what type of breeds should I be getting for a first timer. Hope to learn from you guys out there. Thank You Frown

She's more real to me than anything I've ever known

"Even though you've been raised as a human being you're not one of them. They can be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all - their capacity for good - I have sent them you... my only son." - Jor-El

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2006, 9:19 PM

Post #2 of 40 (662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [latexfreak] Hello and Good Day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, welcome on board. Think as long you are a dog lover, you are welcome here too, guess is the matter of time and you will be a dog owner too, don't worry.

Well basically as long you are a dog lover think you will find way to take good care of a dog but what type of dog is suitable to own will very much depend your time and space you have. Big size dogs need a lot of space at home and u need to exercise them more often. I own 2 jack Russell at home and they really full of energy, so you will need to spend time to play with them to make them tired.

The basic care of a dog can also learn from the other like ur vet when u send you dog for vaccination, they will share a lot with u too. Well, perhaps you can browse the adoption forum in puppycom and you can adopt a dog form people here and start with it first.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2006, 9:35 PM

Post #3 of 40 (659 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

welcome & to get a dog it even harder than getting married Unimpressed u can divorce ur wife of husband but u must not neglect ur dogs

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

kChy

Nov 9, 2006, 1:29 AM

Post #4 of 40 (651 views)
Shortcut

Hi Frown u like husky? I'm just guessing cause of ur avatar. If u like them, take them homeSmile and take good care of him/her. Btw dun buy doggies from petshops. Search around for good breeders.
missing Oreo very much,
loving Viki to the max.

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 12:03 AM

Post #5 of 40 (637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonoh] Hello and Good Day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for responding, glad to hear from you guys. Thanks for all your advises, will bear that in mind. What jasonoh mention is really true, for me the main problem would be timing, I doubt I'll be getting a dog anytime soon, maybe later, as for know would like to gather more info.

Hi u like husky? I'm just guessing cause of ur avatar. If u like them, take them home and take good care of him/her. Btw dun buy doggies from petshops. Search around for good breeders.

Yeah, I really do like husky!! Love them to bits LOL~ If possible I would really like to get husky but for now with my current situation I don't think I can. Oh, so I shouldn't buy pups from pet store huh, ok, now I know, thanks. Actually I'm still searching for the right one. There are two in my mind right now, that'll be the husky and the beagle.

"Even though you've been raised as a human being you're not one of them. They can be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all - their capacity for good - I have sent them you... my only son." - Jor-El

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2006, 12:23 AM

Post #6 of 40 (634 views)
Shortcut

Glad to see ur reply here. Well timing and spacing will help you to decide what type of dog you can own at home, definately bigger the dogs is, the bigger space you need for them, so if you prefer to keep your dogs in house, maybe beagle is good but then you will need to spend more time to exercise them outdoor when you are available at home. I kept my 2 devils at home in house and I spend quite some time to play with them and exercise them at night before they go to bed.

I guess KC meaning is, you have an option here at the adoption forum to look for your ideal puppy, just visit the adoption forum here more often and you may be the lucky one. Wish you good luck!!

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 3:52 AM

Post #7 of 40 (632 views)
Shortcut

Frown Hello again! I was curious about to know about your "little" friends -the Jack Russells-. Well, I kind of check them out in the net and I gotto know something interesting, they're strong, really strong!Frown But the one I saw was Jack Russell Terrier, so I wasn't really sure if that's the one you're raising. From the review, it says "Big dog in small body" LOL~Frown One thing for sure, those JRT are not for the 1st timers!

I have some qustions, hope you don't mind answering them.
1. How long have you been in this "field"?
2. Is this your second dog?
3. How much roughly do we need to spend on the dogs? Include food, medication and etc into your estimation.

ThanksSmile

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 10, 2006, 4:05 AM

Post #8 of 40 (631 views)
Shortcut
Pictures of Husky and Beagles please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys! To owners of huskies and beagles! Could you please send me some photos of your friends and you in "action". I would really like to see the husky. Rarely see on in real life, especially over my area! So, please do send me pictures...or galleries or something like that! Frown ThanksFrown

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 10, 2006, 8:27 PM

Post #9 of 40 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [latexfreak] Pictures of Husky and Beagles please! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

u can check out beagles & huskies at the group area, there got more ppl who own em & can give u better tips on beagles & huskies, basically we're jrt fans here haha

cheers

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #10 of 40 (619 views)
Shortcut

If I am not mistaken there is a dogs event on 12/11 menu at 1U central Park. Just go there and sure you can see a lot of Beagles and Husky

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2006, 10:38 PM

Post #11 of 40 (615 views)
Shortcut

Hello again! I was curious about to know about your "little" friends -the Jack Russells-. Well, I kind of check them out in the net and I gotto know something interesting, they're strong, really strong! But the one I saw was Jack Russell Terrier, so I wasn't really sure if that's the one you're raising. From the review, it says "Big dog in small body" LOL~ One thing for sure, those JRT are not for the 1st timers! Good ot hear that you have done some reserch on dogs, that actually will help you to choose a right breed to own at home.In short people always JRT to name Jack Russell and because they under the terrier group, so the T is coming along. They are hunting dog and their are very active. They could be very fierce sometime due to their character, that is why they call it big dog in small body. You need extra patient about JRT compared to others breed cause they are very very stuborn and they think straight one(one way ticket) but I believe with your love given to them, they can be your good buddy to keep you company but be prepared if you are a first timer and wanted to own them at home..

I have some qustions, hope you don't mind answering them.
1. How long have you been in this "field"? Don't really understand the meaning "field" you stated here. I start to own dogs when I was 13 yrs old, the max at one time at home 4 dogs, the last breed I own was a Pug, a very loyaty dog but he ran away form my house and beleive somebody have picked him up. I love dogs cause they are your good buddy.
2. Is this your second dog? Jingle and Patches to me should be the number 7 & 8 dogs I ever own
3. How much roughly do we need to spend on the dogs? Include food, medication and etc into your estimation. The 1st cost will be getting a dog (unless you choose to adopt), then you will need to rpeapred the 2nd & 3rd vaccination each cost you around 40-45 ringgit(1st normally the pet shop or the breeder will do it) Tick and flea prevention pack from frontline spot will be around 50 ringgit per box got 3 apply inside and it can last you for 3 application which each time last for a month. shampoo and powder is one time purchase it normally will last you at least 6 months. For food, if your choose to own medium size breed, think a pack of 6-7 kgs kibles pack will last you for 1 1/2 months when they still below 8 months old but volume will keep increasing along the the way they grow. Kibles pack could be from small pack like 40-50 ringgit till big pack 90-140 ringgit, depend on brand. If you average the cost based on monthly basis, should be not more than 60 ringgit per month if you didn't buy too much of stuff for them, that is based on per dog count basis.

Hope you can get some idea here
ThanksSmile

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 11, 2006, 7:24 AM

Post #12 of 40 (612 views)
Shortcut

Frown I was curious so thought of looking it up and I'm glad that I did 'coz I actually learn alot LOL~ I apologise for the confusing question, I was actually trying to ask how long have been taking care of dogs? But from what I can see, must be very long since you had own 8 dogs!!

Well, thank you so much for all your kind words and advise. I'll be posting in another thread since this topic I'm gonna ask next is going to be mongrel stuff and it's not suitable here LOL~Frown But I do hope I'll get more advise from you jasonoh!! Hope you don't mind I PM u when I need help. Thanks

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 11, 2006, 6:25 PM

Post #13 of 40 (608 views)
Shortcut

yeah u should ask jason he's the grand master here

btw...PM doesnt work here

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2006, 12:43 AM

Post #14 of 40 (602 views)
Shortcut

Is ok, I just hope that will make other assume that I am a breeder which actually I am not. I love dogs and I love their company cause they never betray you even though they are naughty sometime.

is good to for to visit more pet shops to gather some value info from the petshop owner cause they deal with different dogs everyday and sometime they might have extra tips for you too. if you are not desprate of getting a dog at home, you can post up a thread here or check the adoption forum more often and sometime you might be a lucky one to own a good buddy here.

I wiling to share with what I learn here too my friend, that should be the way. catch up again ya.

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2006, 12:46 AM

Post #15 of 40 (600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Hello and Good Day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah bro, now you set me up on the table har...hahahahahahaha....

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Nov 12, 2006, 2:06 AM

Post #16 of 40 (599 views)
Shortcut

haha LOL dont say like that la im jz joking around...

hey bro check out the dogs' championship area whr u'l find a jrt name groovy, the owner i dunno but i think i saw em at the recent MRDO. u'l see cute niffty tricks the jrt can perform...cool dude if u can find it i'l paste the link for u next time

cheers

latexfreak
Novice

Nov 12, 2006, 7:05 AM

Post #17 of 40 (594 views)
Shortcut

Thank you so much guys, have been a great help to me, learn a lot! Oh, can't PM? Just too bad. Well, keep in touck ok, thanks again!

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2006, 7:09 AM

Post #18 of 40 (593 views)
Shortcut

Ok then please share the link with me, send to my email also can.

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2006, 7:12 AM

Post #19 of 40 (593 views)
Shortcut

You are most welcome!!

antcheah
Novice

Dec 27, 2006, 10:47 PM

Post #20 of 40 (560 views)
Shortcut

Dude.. I am looking for a Jack Russell for my brother...

Can you recomend one? after reading about a bit..i was thinking that you may be able to help and know the breeder for this breed of doggie.. :D

Do help if can.. thanks.

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2006, 11:06 PM

Post #21 of 40 (542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [antcheah] Hello and Good Day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi...sorry just managed to get in the site here after the what happen in Taiwan which affected the internet service almost the whole region. The pet shop I used to visit have 1 female JRT which I like it so much but too bad I already have 2 at home. But the age is reaching 8 months old but her behaviour is more calm and with MKA cert, everytime i went there I sure will stop by and play with her a while, if you don't mind about her age, guess that JRT will be a good one cause the body build up very nice. The Pet shop staff told me they willing to lower till RM 1000 but I guess if we really keen then should be able to nego further. The pet shop located at Bukit Tinggi 2 and the name is Pet's Family if I am not mistaken it. Hope the JRT still there.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2006, 11:58 PM

Post #22 of 40 (540 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi...sorry just managed to get in the site here after the what happen in Taiwan which affected the internet service almost the whole region. The pet shop I used to visit have 1 female JRT which I like it so much but too bad I already have 2 at home. But the age is reaching 8 months old but her behaviour is more calm and with MKA cert, everytime i went there I sure will stop by and play with her a while, if you don't mind about her age, guess that JRT will be a good one cause the body build up very nice. The Pet shop staff told me they willing to lower till RM 1000 but I guess if we really keen then should be able to nego further. The pet shop located at Bukit Tinggi 2 and the name is Pet's Family if I am not mistaken it. Hope the JRT still there.

dude, can snap pic then mail to me ah??? im lookin for a female jrt but maybe next yr Q1 like that only can take her in, btw...wats her coat type???
dude ru goin to the K9 event jan??? ur in KL that time??? hehe...i thought of wanna drop in
cheers

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 2:42 AM

Post #23 of 40 (523 views)
Shortcut

vinoviruz..

yeap jason is going to k9 day...

u coming with zeus and ur gf?

i'll be following jason's car

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 2:48 AM

Post #24 of 40 (521 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi guys! To owners of huskies and beagles! Could you please send me some photos of your friends and you in "action". I would really like to see the husky. Rarely see on in real life, especially over my area! So, please do send me pictures...or galleries or something like that! Thanks

latexfreak..

where is ur area?

huskies are off great maintenance if u plan to keep them.. is cus u might need an 24-hour air cond room for ur husky.. if not their fur wont be so nice, unless u don really particular abt their fur..

also keep in mind tat huskies tend to have skin prob.. is normally is 9 in 10 have skin prob.. so u might wanna tink of tis..

oops.. im not discouraging u from keeping huskies.. just to let u know da fact so tat u hav a bit of knowledge

but if u go to doggy events, u will see many huskies around.. u can just approach the owners and ask questions.. sure they will be willing to entertain u

coming event is k9 day on 14 jan.. going?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was edited by SupaMolly on Jan 3, 2007, 2:51 AM)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2007, 2:58 AM

Post #25 of 40 (516 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
haha LOL dont say like that la im jz joking around...

hey bro check out the dogs' championship area whr u'l find a jrt name groovy, the owner i dunno but i think i saw em at the recent MRDO. u'l see cute niffty tricks the jrt can perform...cool dude if u can find it i'l paste the link for u next time

cheers

vinoviruz..

Groovy is the winner for 9 out of 10 best performer, most talented, and best trick competitions during doggie events..

always see Groovy and his master in newspapers too

u can check out his blog from my blog too : Groovy... d JRT

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my