Wrong Vaccination?

joslin_lim
Novice

Oct 11, 2006, 5:47 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Wrong Vaccination? Can't Post

Crazy I need help from all dog lovers!

My Labrador is around 4 months. Her first jab was took on august by her previous owner.

Then I brought her to take the second jab at Pejabat Perkhidmatan Haiwan Unsure

(since my place has no vet clinic .. very kampung kampung place )

After the officer done with the injection and dewormed, he ask me to come by NEXT YEAR?

Q: I thought puppies are supposed to have 3 jabs then once a year right? He replied me "We only do annual vaccination on dog. He also confused after I ask him about the 3 jabs.

The 2 stickers written

1 DOSE 1 ML *Canine Distemper *Adenovirus Type 2-Parainfluenza *Parvovirus Vaccine

Vanguard 5

Another sticker written

1 DOSE 1 ML

*Leptospira Canicola *Icterohaemorrhagiae Bacterin

Leptoferm C-I

Q: Is my puppy has taken the wrong vaccination? There is nothing wrong with her after the jab. She is healthy and active.

Here are the pictures of the sticker (better to show you guys. I'm worry. .Unsure)
[
Attachments: vaccine.JPG (218 KB)

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2006, 6:46 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joslin_lim] Wrong Vaccination? [In reply to] Can't Post

Normal practise is after 3 jab is completed. Then you only bring your dog to the vet annually.

Maybe the vet you see have different practise try helping you to save.Sly

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2006, 3:33 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2861 views)
Shortcut

is alright la....coz ur puppy is edi 4months old....he got enuf antibody edi....

so not necessary for d 3 jab....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

joslin_lim
Novice

Oct 18, 2006, 7:24 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Wrong Vaccination? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile so is that mean i don't need to bring her for the 3rd jab ..? if i bring her to that vet again, i dont think he will give me the 3rd jab .. coz ithink he doesn't even know wat is the 3rd jab.. he only vaccine other ppl pet once a yr.. very unprofressional ..Unsure
[

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 20, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2845 views)
Shortcut

i've been 2 my own vet.....d doctor said those 3 jab are for small puppies.....

when my dog reach about 5 months old...he juz recommend me to take 1 jab onli...

i did ask him y not 3....then he said is not necessary.....unless i wanted it...

but ur dr...is a bit weird...how can a vet doesn't know anything about 3 jab...or did u misunderstand his statement...?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

joslin_lim
Novice

Oct 20, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Wrong Vaccination? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually I went to this "pusat perkhidmatan haiwan". i don't have any vet near my place .. the nearest one might have to take 1 hrs to get there at seremban. And this person could be a vet asistant only. (can see from the way he grab my dog)

what i meant was, my dog had took the 1st jab when she was 8weeks. He need 2 mores jab around 12wks, right? that day, it was a 2nd jab .. and the vet told me another jab will be on next years. so i'm confused about this.
[

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 21, 2006, 2:24 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2837 views)
Shortcut

actually theorectically shld b like tis.....8 weeks 1st jab, 11weeks 2nd jab n 14 weeks 3rd jab....

i think u shld seek for a more experience vet.....make sure d senior vet n supervisor is around...

Pacco de Mongrel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my