Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Socializing, playtime, tricks and things....:
Suitable tricks for Goldens

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 5, 2006, 9:24 PM

Post #1 of 8 (7393 views)
Shortcut
Suitable tricks for Goldens Can't Post

Can anyone tell me what kind of tricks will be suitable for my Golden. I know she can't do too much jumping but is there easy to learn simple tricks for her? She has already learned weave, turn, take a bow, kiss, hug & walk. Anything else?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2006, 9:39 PM

Post #2 of 8 (7390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Suitable tricks for Goldens [In reply to] Can't Post

wat about musical freestyle...many golden really excel in tat...coz of their bigger size n graceful pace...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 6, 2006, 10:23 AM

Post #3 of 8 (7386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Suitable tricks for Goldens [In reply to] Can't Post

That'swhat I'm working on her right now.She has already learn the dance routine but kind find a music that suits this dance. It's short and sweet. Wana to perticipate her in the Best Trich Show this Sat. Can't wait!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 6, 2006, 8:27 PM

Post #4 of 8 (7380 views)
Shortcut

hmm...but i dun think u can request them 2 play d music u wan...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2006, 1:40 AM

Post #5 of 8 (7375 views)
Shortcut

Cool Since Amber knows quite a few tricks, just have to build up from there.

She knows ‘spin’, so teach her to spin both ways - clockwise n counter clockwise.

She knows ‘who’s d boss’, so cn train her to walk forwards n backwards whilst between ur legs.

She knows d ‘leg weave’ going forward, so cn teach her to weave whilst u walk backwards.

Cn also try dese:

Rollover, Circle around handler, Go thru handler’s legs, Figure of 8 weave, Forward n reverse back between handler’s legs, Heel backwards.

Musical freestyle kaki, great!

Try music with a steady beat eg. cha cha, rumba, bossa nova, jazz. Some of Micheal Buble’s songs r suitable. U may hv to bring ur own CD player 4 d performance.

Good luck in d Best Trick comp n bring home d bacon. Think with Amber’s leg weave, who’s d boss n spin moves, should impress d judges. Just try n perform them as smooth as possible.

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 7, 2006, 1:50 AM

Post #6 of 8 (7371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Suitable tricks for Goldens [In reply to] Can't Post

haha....dancing mutt...

then pacco need 2 find seek for sumthing 'unique'..

Pacco de Mongrel

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 7, 2006, 5:30 PM

Post #7 of 8 (7366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Suitable tricks for Goldens [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh crap! I hvn't prepaired her music. Oh nevermind, no music will do. All she's be doing is weaving thru my legs, doing who's the boss, turn-only one way(she hasn't mastered the other way around), hug then kiss & bow. Simple one...She's having alot of trouble doing back(heeling, weaving backwards) Usually we start out by putting benches on the side of her so that there's no chance for her to turn around. But I don't why, she's scared of them. Even if I use a leash to tug her back, she keeps on sitting. I need alot of help on this one....Another one is also rollover. Difficult lah! I'm trying again and agin, in many ways but it's not working.Maybe her body's too bulky so it's for her to roll.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Oct 9, 2006, 6:22 AM

Post #8 of 8 (7357 views)
Shortcut

Oh, luckily there was no need for any music. Just do any tricks our dog can do...Check out Amber's blog and see how she did. Don't wana say here, it's along story! Wakakaka!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my