My Mix Puppy Breed Needs Help!!

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2006, 5:28 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2294 views)
Shortcut
My Mix Puppy Breed Needs Help!! Can't Post

I need Help!!

I juz got a mixed breed. It seems like it has some skin problem. I felt like i've been cheated in buying this puppy. But i fell in love the second i saw it. The owner said it is mix GR n husky. But from what i see, it's mother is not a pure GR & i haven't seen the father before. My puppy is black n brown in colour & long sliky coat. I don't really care what it got mixed with but my puppy is now in pain. It cries most of the time n sracthing. What should i do?? it's only 1 month + and it doesn't really want 2 drink milk nor eat dog food. PLS help anyone!!!

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 25, 2006, 5:44 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AngelBee_85] My Mix Puppy Breed Needs Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Take her to the vet lah.

If cost is a concern, take her to the government vet in Cheras, at Taman Pertama. The cheapest around.

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2006, 6:01 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] My Mix Puppy Breed Needs Help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thx for the info. I heard there is one government hospital in PJ. Im not familiar with Cheras area. I also know that skin infection its a Long-term treatment to cure it. Will it be expensive??

Thx so much for the Advise.

From our warmest Hearts,

~Angel & King Boy~

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 26, 2006, 4:46 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2276 views)
Shortcut

Skin problems can be very difficult to manage. Some breeds are genetically predisposed to them.

If it's a long term problem and you need to make regular visits to the vet and dose your dog with medicine, the bills can add up. There are various home remedies available for some conditions - do your own research. But you need to get your dog to a good vet to determine what the problem is first.

If cost is a consideration, like I mentioned earlier, go to the government vets. As far as I know, the one in Cheras is the cheapest.

You can get the addresses and tel numbers of all the govt vets in the Klang Valley by going to this link:
agrolink.moa.my/jph/dvs/contact/clinic.html

All best,
Pangur Bán

(This post was edited by PangurBan on Sep 26, 2006, 4:55 AM)

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2006, 5:51 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2270 views)
Shortcut

HI,

Thx again. I took him 2 see the vet yesterday. The vet told me that his condition is not that bad. Just bath him regularly and it will stop. He would only need one injection 4 his skin condition. Im so glad now.... Thanks so much~~~

From The Bottom of our Hearts,

Thank u,

~Angel & Boy~

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 26, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2262 views)
Shortcut

Ahh, good to hear this. Sounds like your puppy's got the mange. This is fairly common in young puppies because their immune system is still developing. Your vet probably gave him an ivermectin shot to zap the mites that are causing the mange. He might need another shot in another month or so to make sure everything's properly zapped.

Keep him clean and dry at all times, feed him well, and above all, since he sounds like a very young fella' keep him company, and he'll do fine.

AngelBee_85
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2006, 11:36 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2254 views)
Shortcut

HI

Thx Again. BTW, can u tell me how 2 get my puppy 2 wear its colar?? he doesn't want 2 wear it n often cries wen we force him too. Thx so much 4 replying Laugh

Wink Frm our warmest Hearts 2 U & Ur doggie,

Thank U

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my