Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Found, Adult Pug at Cheras

money
New User

Sep 13, 2006, 9:28 AM

Post #1 of 12 (1150 views)
Shortcut
Found, Adult Pug at Cheras Can't Post

Today, I was at a vet, a lady came in with a pug. She said she found the oug in front of her house. She was hoping that she could leave the dog with the vet till the owner came to get it. So i offered to babysit the poor fellow until I hear any news from the vet. From the condition of the dog, I can say he is an indoor dog cause he smelt great, clean and friendly. Oh, the pug is a male. I'll try to post its photos as soon as I can.

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 14, 2006, 9:29 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [money] Found, Adult Pug at Cheras [In reply to] Can't Post

The pug is so cute. I name the fellow Henry for time being. We have put up notices at some vet. Hope Henry can reunite with his owner!

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 14, 2006, 11:26 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irisbaggins] Found, Adult Pug at Cheras [In reply to] Can't Post

Here a picture of Poor MR. Henry.....so if you think its yours, do give us a call....at 012-655 2779.
Attachments: doggie2.jpg (33.5 KB)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2006, 1:19 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1082 views)
Shortcut

poor old henry... did the vet say how old he is? henry is cute, his tongue really long, just like my pug!

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 15, 2006, 6:32 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Found, Adult Pug at Cheras [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm, I didnt ask the vet bout his age....not young I guess. Since you have a pug, mind telling me how I should care for Henry? I donno much bout Pugs. So far I wipe his face every now and then to get rid of the tear. His ears sure feel like Shrek.....but I'm not too sure how to wash them. I'm more of a cat person then a dog person. Do help.....thanks!!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2006, 10:17 PM

Post #6 of 12 (1034 views)
Shortcut

hi there... yeah i can see that henry is not young, maybe even a senior pug... Cool

you are right about wiping the tears... the folds on a pug's face need to be cleaned at least once a day, use tissue or damp towel will do... Smile

from the photos i also see that henry is slightly overweight, so try to control his diet, even tho it may be tough as pugs always seem to be hungry! Crazy

most adult pugs can't take 'extreme' exercising, but they do enjoy and need the daily walk... best to walk early in the morning or evening when the sun sets so it's not too hot for them... Wink

well besides the above, pugs are very much like any other breeds... you can read this site for more info on pugs... members.lycos.nl/huisdier/pugs/ Cool

it's really kind of you to take henry in even tho u r more of a cat person... do u plan to keep henry if no one claims him? i bet u r falling in love with henry now... who can resist a pug?? Tongue i suppose u hv already sent henry to the vet for a check up? is he given a clean bill of health? the vet can also show u how to clean his ears, cut his nails, etc so that u can learn how to do it correctly... let me know if need further info... i'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand... Smile especially when a pug is concerned! Tongue Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 15, 2006, 11:24 PM

Post #7 of 12 (1027 views)
Shortcut

Wow, thanks for the lengthy explanation....I've been wiping his face with a wet towel, which he enjoys so so much. I took him around the neighbourhood to meet up with some neighbourhood dogs. He's amazingly friendly. He's very good with children as I run a day care biz, and to the cats too.....However my cats are under heavy stress with him around...kekeke.

I havent took him to the vet as yet. Will do so this weekend maybe. I'll get the doc to show me the right way to clean his waxy ears. He's eating well. He seems to like my place as I have a huge garden and a large verandah for him to snooze.

One more minor problem...he seems to be pooing and shooting everywhere. How can I get him to do his biz on the same spot?

Thanks alot, Ai_ney....you have nice pugs too!!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 16, 2006, 12:28 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1019 views)
Shortcut

hey no problem at all... Smile

pugs are generally very friendly dogs and do fine with children... i bet the day care children loves henry! Cool

ahhh... that calls for some toilet training... mine is a female and she's trained to do her biz at the designated spot and during walks (took me a long time coz i adopted her when's she's already an adult), but sometimes accidents still do happen... Crazy with an adult dog, training will take more time, but it is still possible... do a search on toilet training and u'll find plenty of discussions abt it in the forum... me no pro on this matter... Blush but try getting henry used to doing his biz during his regular walks... u hv to take him out a few times a day to relieve himself (i suppose this would be fine as u run a day care biz and is with him all day) and once he's used to the routine, hopefully there will be no more peeing n pooing in the house compound... Angelic do u keep henry indoor or outdoor?

yes, do take him to the vet and get him checked... deworm and vacc if necesssary, the vet shud be able to advice... ask the vet questions if you are unclear... they are there to help... Smile

it sounds like u r going to keep him... r u? btw, r u in cheras? which part? i stay in cheras, loke yew... Wink

Sookie's Photo Gallery

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 16, 2006, 4:05 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1005 views)
Shortcut

Happy and Sad at the same time.

To Megan and Melissa whom I called and was called.....just fyi, Henry has gone back to his rightful owner.

The owner lives a road away from where the dog was found and we took him back to him unit and he gladly ran back to his house. So i guess the dog is their's.

I'm sad to let the dog go. I guess after bonding with him for 3 days....I've grown fond of him.....Unsure.....Maybe i might get myself a pug in the future.

Thanks to Ai_ney for all your advices bout how to care for the fellow....And a word of sorry to Melissa...pls dont be sad.....It really broke my heart when I heard your voice cracking towards the end of our conversation.

OK.....I oFFICIALLY declare this thread CLOSED!

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 19, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #10 of 12 (952 views)
Shortcut

wait wait dun close yet! Blush

i sort of know how you feel coz i've fostered dogs before and had to let them go to a new home after some time... well, at least it's a HAPPY ending for mr. henry! Cool u can visit him right, now that u know where he lives? Wink

pugs can be addictive! Crazy once u hv been with a pug, u wudn't want to be without one! if u get a puppy, just make sure it's from a reputable breeder... or better still, adopt one! i can keep an eye out for u if u wan... spca does get adult pugs sometimes... Smile

well, take care and dun be sad ok...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

irisbaggins
Novice

Sep 20, 2006, 6:23 PM

Post #11 of 12 (902 views)
Shortcut

Do u know any pug breeder?

SPCA have pug?

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 20, 2006, 7:31 PM

Post #12 of 12 (899 views)
Shortcut

breeder... my friend knows 1... u can also look out for posts in this forum about puppies for sale... there's none now tho...

yes, spca do have pugs... adults of course... in the past 3 years, i think there have been almost 10 pugs surrendered to spca and most of them adopted to good homes... mostly male...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my