Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Dog Coughing BLOOD!!

misosangwoo
Novice

Sep 7, 2006, 10:59 AM

Post #1 of 4 (642 views)
Shortcut
Dog Coughing BLOOD!! Can't Post

my 8 year old dog ( normal mongrel dog size) has been coughing this dry harsh cough, sounds like he's gagging, and mostly it's just saliva and frothy stuff coming out.. my sister thought it was bcos he ate some insects.. happens mostly at night.. and i realise nowadays he likes to sleep flat on the ground, not sideways anymore..

i didn't think much of this until i saw few patches of blood on the flooor! i'm going to bring him to the vet hopefully tmr but i hope any pet owner who has experienced this prob b4 can give some advise and help..thanks..

(This post was edited by misosangwoo on Sep 7, 2006, 11:01 AM)

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 9, 2006, 3:59 AM

Post #2 of 4 (626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [misosangwoo] Dog Coughing BLOOD!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Haiyoh bring him vet quicklah

iOrson
Novice

Oct 3, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #3 of 4 (595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [misosangwoo] Dog Coughing BLOOD!! [In reply to] Can't Post

aiyo, look likes it's heartworm attack, when coughing blood, normally cant help as the worm already fully occupied the heart, why so careless
!!!! Frown
My 1st Puppy - Cody Frown

misosangwoo
Novice

Oct 7, 2006, 7:52 PM

Post #4 of 4 (585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [iOrson] Dog Coughing BLOOD!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

i brought my dog the the vet , he said he had kennel cough.. and gave him antibiotics and cough medicine and immune system booster, then he recovered for about 2 weeks, and then he's coughing again, although not as often.. the doctor has asked to go back to continue one more dosage of antibiotics if he's not recovered yet so i'm going back today and see how it goes..

i have no idea where he got the kennel cough as my dog is alwiz indoors, but i think it's from this stray dog who sleeps outside my gate..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my