Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog

Kilo KG

Jun 14, 2006, 8:33 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1606 views)
Shortcut
Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog Can't Post

Is anyone creating a Malaysian Dog?

Just curious coz i have heard (and i think also read somewhere in puppy.com) about people mixing breeds to get reliable hunting dogs. Maybe we can start mixing breeds to ultimately produce a M'sian hunting/working dog. Or has soemone already done it? Maybe we should go see a minister or 2 and get national support or a grant or somehting. Should be cool. National hunting dog. Even Turkey (not to mention OZ, NZ, Canada, USA...) has hunting holidays for tourists/hunters using dogs.

Frown Punish The Deed Not The Breed Frown

Kilo KG

Jun 14, 2006, 9:50 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kilo KG] Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok ok how about Malaysian Mastiff. Malaysian Hunting Terrier. Or perhaps Malaysian Talingya Terrier or Petaja Mastiff or Petaling Shepherd or Anjingru Hound (Anjing Memburu).

It'll be super to be registered and recognised, and then have enthusiasts the world over.

Imangine the headlines "The Malaysian Talingya Terrier Excels at Schutzhund" and then the article reads ..."The authorities are looking into using the Talingya Terrier as a much needed addition to bolster K9 enforcement units after recent excellent results at Schutzhund trials..."

We should dream now and then...

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 15, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1593 views)
Shortcut

well.. as far as I know, M'sia do have their own breed but it has extinct only. I forgot the name and it shouldme start wit a letter "P". It looks like a stray dog. The size is medium-large. Some guys in the forum did once ask if the breed is still alive and where to get... Btw, if u ought to make ur own breed by mixing this and that, u might end up owning all the furkids.

Nowdays, ppl out there only prefer or go for "PURE" breed with the so call "CERT" by MKA. All ppl out there want branded stuff only. Try asking them to get to buy a nice good line APBT or AST at the price at RM1000.00, they sure say ur NUTZ.

Beside this, after u manage to breed them, sure got alot of parties come and complaint on u especially the *P*A and *K*. They sure make ur life miserable and if u wanna register the new breed as a pedigree *K* sure 100% shoo u away.

This is only my point of view la, but u still can make a diff. on it if u have the influence power.

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2006, 7:06 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL

Kilo KG

Jun 15, 2006, 6:55 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Stan, i think the Malaysian dog is called Telomian, which is or perhaps now, was, researched by the USA, apparently to determine some missing link between the Basenji and the Aussie Dingo (got this bit of info off the net).

Yeah, but people don't stop to think about the other qualities in a dog ie the true traits and qualities of a dog. Its like this, Beckham makes more money modelling than playing football. On the other hand, Ronaldinho makes shiteloads of cash playing slick football and frankly, in dogspeak, he is alpha with SCH 1,2,3 dude!!! (assuming SCH 1,2,3 are Schutzhund titles)

So whaddaya think huh? Telomian Dog becomes the Talingya Terrier or Talingja or whatever hahahahaha.

Kilo KG

Jun 15, 2006, 6:56 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Malaysian Hunting/Working Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hey chris... wassup? Cool

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 5, 2006, 9:49 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1472 views)
Shortcut

Yep, it's the Telomian. We should try and establish our own breed standard here. There are I'm sure still some (relatively) pure-bred dogs out there in the jungle which can be used as breeding stock.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my